FF2: Remove MLG Sniper - My ears are bleeding (1 Viewer)

Do you want the MLG Sniper boss removed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

A vote on the MLG sniper.

The music that plays is physically painful if you have headphones. There are plenty of fun bosses already installed, and more available for installation, that aren't painful (literally) to play with or against.

Kind regards

!ff2music, turn it off otherwise the boss is perfectly fine
I vote no.

• Agree
Reactions: Madact
If you could turn off the on-kill music, that might have been a valid comment. As it is, turning the music off only helps to a certain extent.

• Agree
Reactions: Supreme
This music is also like 5x louder than every other boss music. I kinda don't want to have to mute every boss because 1 boss is a troll creation.

This music is also like 5x louder than every other boss music. I kinda don't want to have to mute every boss because 1 boss is a troll creation.
You can turn your sound off for that round then turn it back on

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Zeprus and Lukas
If necessary, the music can be turned down in the main files (though players who want the files turned down will have to removed the MLGSniper folder from their directory)

As mentioned /ff2music turns off the music but i think its the monologues that is the problem as the music isn't loud but the killstreak sounds are. To disable them just type /ff2monologue and that sound disable it. But to remove a boss due to the sounds, or an individual can't be bothered to type a simple command, in my opinion, is ludicrous.

I have a firm no

e) Mic spamming
Playing music, singing, or sending otherwise non-communicable noises over the microphone is forbidden. Screaming is not tolerated and is a one-way ticket to a permanent mute. Additionally, the admins have the right to mute you if the quality of your microphone is deemed too bad to be understandable, or if your voice is deemed too immature in an annoying way (i.e. “squeaky”).

The music quality is low, disruptive, non-communicable, and is annoying. Just as you remove bad players, map, or anything else, bad bosses should be removed too. Microphone spam is against the rules, and if any player played the kinds of noises through their microphone that this boss plays, they'd be facing sanction. You wouldn't be saying 'Just mute them yourself'.

• Disagree
Reactions: Broski and Lukas
Just turn down your volume when he is on, because he is a good boss in my eyes and shouldn't be removed.

• Disagree
Reactions: Charlie
e) Mic spamming
Playing music, singing, or sending otherwise non-communicable noises over the microphone is forbidden. Screaming is not tolerated and is a one-way ticket to a permanent mute. Additionally, the admins have the right to mute you if the quality of your microphone is deemed too bad to be understandable, or if your voice is deemed too immature in an annoying way (i.e. “squeaky”).

The music quality is low, disruptive, non-communicable, and is annoying. Just as you remove bad players, map, or anything else, bad bosses should be removed too. Microphone spam is against the rules, and if any player played the kinds of noises through their microphone that this boss plays, they'd be facing sanction. You wouldn't be saying 'Just mute them yourself'.
Now you're comparing apples with oranges... Though its a similar kinda thing, its not exactly the same. The boss is programmed that way and can be changed if necessary, players that mic spam are muted because its not expected from them, whereas this boss is a joke against all those who believe themselves to be MLG and so it is expected from the coding and the way the boss plays. If you understand the joke (which most players do) then its humorous to a degree, as I remember seeing this boss for the first time and laughing for ages after we beat him.

This is seriously getting out of hand for something so easily solved by simply turning your in game volume down for one round, it's not hard. I'm not sure what you are contesting here.

Just turn down your volume when he is on, because he is a good boss in my eyes and shouldn't be removed.
Ok, and if a new player joins and the first thing he hears is a chorus of rage video tracks?

You shouldn't have to inconvenience players for a personal preference here. There are over 20 very playable bosses. MLG Sniper is just three mechanics stuck together - it's nothing special, and you can get a very similar play style from other bosses.

It would be humorous if I didn't have a headache every time someone played as this boss. Given you can choose your boss as well, if everybody decided to play as the MLG sniper, would it then not be a problem?

It's also hardly apples and oranges. Mic spam rules should exist to stop nuisance behaviours effecting people's play, it's not about what's expected or not, it's about not having an audio problem on a server.

Ok, and if a new player joins and the first thing he hears is a chorus of rage video tracks?

You shouldn't have to inconvenience players for a personal preference here. There are over 20 very playable bosses. MLG Sniper is just three mechanics stuck together - it's nothing special, and you can get a very similar play style from other bosses.

It would be humorous if I didn't have a headache every time someone played as this boss. Given you can choose your boss as well, if everybody decided to play as the MLG sniper, would it then not be a problem?

It's also hardly apples and oranges. Mic spam rules should exist to stop nuisance behaviours effecting people's play, it's not about what's expected or not, it's about not having an audio problem on a server.
Its as simple as turning down your volume using the mic spam rule dosent show anything.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Zeprus and Lukas
Do not deny someone who has worked on this boss the chance to show the community their efforts because it gives you a headache and may be "confusing" and strangely out of place for new players. The Micspam rule was put into effect to stop human players with control and restraint from polluting the servers with worryingly loud music or pointless text and voice nonsense that is of no benefit to the server that they are currently on.

The MLG Sniper boss is loud as a result of the coding and pieces put into play that allow it to do so to parody the endless streams of MLG (Parody) videos seen across the internet, so based on its source, it should be loud. I understand it gives you a headache and I understand it may be weird for new players but we have such an active FF2 admin team that someone is generally on all the time so if complaints are made they can be dealt with swiftly and correctly. Your headache can be solved by doing the one thing that all of us here have been trying to drum into your head for the past hour which is.

Turn. your. volume. DOWN.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Zeprus and mermite
Do not deny someone who has worked on this boss the chance to show the community their efforts because it gives you a headache and may be "confusing" and strangely out of place for new players. The Micspam rule was put into effect to stop human players with control and restraint from polluting the servers with worryingly loud music or pointless text and voice nonsense that is of no benefit to the server that they are currently on.

The MLG Sniper boss is loud as a result of the coding and pieces put into play that allow it to do so to parody the endless streams of MLG (Parody) videos seen across the internet, so based on its source, it should be loud. I understand it gives you a headache and I understand it may be weird for new players but we have such an active FF2 admin team that someone is generally on all the time so if complaints are made they can be dealt with swiftly and correctly. Your headache can be solved by doing the one thing that all of us here have been trying to drum into your head for the past hour which is.

Turn. your. volume. DOWN.

Someone worked hard to make a troll boss. And please explain to me, where is the benefit of having a boss that plays loud music, over bosses that don't play loud music?

My game volume is on 10%, Windows volume on 70%, headphones at 30%.

And again, it's not about 'what's expected', it's a quality standard. Loud or problematic noises - player generated or not - should be avoided in games. When it comes to design and implementation, that should be an unstated standard; it shouldn't need to be stated when you're the one in control of putting the game together. You cannot implement that onto players, hence why it's stipulated as a rule for players to follow or face sanction. It's not about what's expected or not, it's about making the game a pleasant experience.

• Disagree
Reactions: mermite
I know exactly how you are feeling because I have headphones as well, with really good sound quality. And to be honest with you, I cant see why you are complaining so much about it. What I am doing is that I turn off my sound completely for that round, and imo you should as well. It's not like you would die from it, it's not such of a big deal to just turn your sound off.

Removing a boss just because of the sounds is a stupid reason imo, because if you think they are inappropriate you could just remove the sounds from the config instead. I'm not saying that I like MLG sniper, because I don't. But it's not the earrape that's causing it because that's not a/the problem.

• Agree
Reactions: mermite and Lukas
I know exactly how you are feeling because I have headphones as well, with really good sound quality. And to be honest with you, I cant see why you are complaining so much about it. What I am doing is that I turn off my sound completely for that round, and imo you should as well. It's not like you would die from it, it's not such of a big deal to just turn your sound off.

Removing a boss just because of the sounds is a stupid reason imo, because if you think they are inappropriate you could just remove the sounds from the config instead. I'm not saying that I like MLG sniper, because I don't. But it's not the earrape that's causing it because that's not a/the problem.

What makes a boss a problem?

What makes a boss a problem?
The reason to why I dislike MLG sniper is because he has really poor health, the knockback he takes is ridiculous and because his slow-motion effect when he lose a life isn't slow enough in my opinion (compared to other bosses, eg. Ninja Spy).

TLDR; He dies very easily, especially on big maps.

The reason to why I dislike MLG sniper is because he has really poor health, the knockback he takes is ridiculous and because his slow-motion effect when he lose a life isn't slow enough in my opinion (compared to other bosses, eg. Ninja Spy).

TLDR; He dies very easily, especially on big maps.

No I mean in general to you guys, if poor sound or audio doesn't substantiate a boss as a problem, then what makes a boss a problem? For me, any part of a game that causes physical harm - whether it's insane strobing, poor audio, or a trigger to push spikes through your keyboard - is bad, without even taking into consideration how it plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread