Declined [FF2] Nerf the Rocket Jumper or revert it (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiji

In the recent FF2 update, Rocket Jumper was changed to work exactly like its basegame counterpart, meaning it no longer deals any damage while before update it did, which wasn't exactly the best idea because it now causes people to delay rounds a lot.

In the update, Rocket Jumper was also given 2 clips instead of 4 but I feel like 2 is still too much. I'd like to suggest two potential solutions for this

- Reduce its clip size to 1
- Revert it to its pre-update state

I think the RJ is fine, only 2 rockets is the limit where it's still worthwhile to use for me atleast. I get that there are soldiers that delay pointlessly with it, but that did happen even before. Just enforcing the fact that delaying like that isn't allowed should be enough.

I myself try to avoid situations like that by either pushing the Hale aggressively, rpsing or just suiciding.

I think the RJ is fine, only 2 rockets is the limit where it's still worthwhile to use for me atleast. I get that there are soldiers that delay pointlessly with it, but that did happen even before. Just enforcing the fact that delaying like that isn't allowed should be enough.
Sure, the delaying still happened before update, but I don't remember having to chase soldiers for 3-4 minutes constantly like now.

Before update they were taking self damage so they had to go for healthpacks every once in a while and only then it was possible to kill them. That's because their movements were predictable most of the time, since you know they'll probably need to get a healthpack after a few jumps.

Now soldiers with equipped Rocket Jumper just jump around the map constantly, not having to worry about their hp that much. It's dumb as hell.

Just enforcing the fact that delaying like that isn't allowed should be enough.
3-4 minutes is pretty extreme, but I did have that happen before the update too, even longer.

Rocket Jumper already has it downsides no need to nerf it even more although it deals no damage to the player and the hale.

You already take 100% more melee damage so If they fuck up, it's most likely a guranteed death.

Reactions: Loki.
Due to poll votes this suggestion is declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread