Completed [FF2] Demo Melee Change (Eyelander not affected) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Hello,

now that the Shield for Demo got changed to not getting destroyed immediately, I thought of buffing all Demo melee's aside from as mentioned in the title, the Eyelanders.
My plan is to give every Demo melee 15-25% melee damage resistance when equipped, between these values I believe, he wouldn't lose his shield.
I know people will say "just get overhealed lol" but here's the thing, you can't rely on Medics on not losing your shield, so I'm hoping this can fix the issue of being useless when not using anything else than the Eyelander, in terms of melee gameplay.

You may vote for one option only.

To inform people, the shield gets destroyed if you are supposed to get killed. But Demos that don't use the Eyelander and have 4 heads (for Max Health Increase) will lose their shield.

Heavy thinks this must be balanced by reducing healing and overheal from Medics, as Heavy fears that Medic and Demoknight combo being too powerful with overheal.
If we are to make DemoKnight more independant than we must make dependence on Medic less viable, as if we do not Demoknight will be more like an overhealed Heavy on steroids rather than a DemoKnight.
Though these are just the views of on man, Heavy would like to hear views of others on this matter.👍

I personally don't think that Demo's with other melees than the Eyelanders are a huge threat even with that damage reduction. But I can see where this is going, might aswell give them overheal penalty.

I personally don't think that Demo's with other melees than the Eyelanders are a huge threat even with that damage reduction. But I can see where this is going, might aswell give them overheal penalty.
Is Good, Many Thanks!

I'd say they wouldn't need the overheal penalty, as majority of his melees dont have the extended range like the eyelander and the ones that do have flaws in them (like having a movement speed penalty on the scottsmans skullcutter or increase damage taken on the moir) the only problematic one i could see is the Half-Zatoichi due to the recovery it gives (Soldier with Battalions backup showed off how strong it can be) and overheal could make that hard to kill. I think 20-25% damage reduction is a good thing for a playstyle that is one of the harder ones to pull off due to being in the bosses's face to get damage.

(Not involving Demoman, but I'd like to see Heavy get changes similar too, fisticuffs heavy is fun to play as well but needs some buffs to be somewhat viable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread