Completed [DR] Add Bhop Toggle to turn off the bhop and play normally like casual (3.0 suggestion) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorelight

(attempt of suggesting to add bhop toggle command)

I mean like turning off the bhop so you can play without bhop (casual) normally, not removing the bhop. (like TF-Bhop Plugin that has a toggle command to turn it off/on however panda has private bhop, they can just edit it)

Every Bhop Deathrun server has a toggle to turn off the bhop (like blackwonder), no reason why panda deathrun would not have it.
Also, it would be better idea to make a toggle (/bhop) to turn off the bhop so you can play normally, There's reason why toggle command should be added.

Example Command:
/bhop
!bhop

1. You would trip off and die (jump + holding crouching would make you trip off)
2. If you don't want to bhop, you can add toggle command to turn it off so people can use it and play normally.
3. Bhop can sometimes be annoying, other reasons. (IDK)

If you disagree this, you can tell me why.

(had a discussion on death experiments why panda doesn't have a toggle to turn off bhop)

Previous suggestion:

Just don't hold jump.
There's no reason to add this bhop on/off toggle, if you don't want to bhop just don't do it.
yeah, but it can be a issue it can yet off you when doing jump + crouch, when you're not bhopping

Don't see a reason not to add a /bhop toggle, a quality-of-life feature if you ask me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We have a lot of maps with sections that are simply not suitable for bhop and are simply better without the plugin. Not to mention the annoying bug where you can sometimes slide off stuff after crouch jumping in front of them, which is also caused by the plugin.

As someone who both likes and dislikes bhop I'd say this would be a good feature to add. Sometimes I'd like to go fast and other times not being yeeted into the aether after crouch jumping would be nice.

Though bhop would have to be activated for every player by default

I think this would be nice. There’s some maps where it’s really easy to get thrown off of platforms because you have to crouch jump to get up and across, like on pq or playstation, and it can get really frustrating for people because of the bug. (particularly pq, where from my experience people crouch jump a good chunk of platforms; and i’ve had this bug over a dozen times on playstation)
This way, people can turn bhop off and on according to personal preference.

Just don't hold jump.
There's no reason to add this bhop on/off toggle, if you don't want to bhop just don't do it.
...that's not the problem at all, we're not even trying to bhop. If you jump onto a platform and hold crouch while landing (very easy to do when you're jumping up onto a platform), you slide forward. It's fine for most maps but when you've got to be precise/go upward it's a pain in the neck

...that's not the problem at all, we're not even trying to bhop. If you jump onto a platform and hold crouch while landing (very easy to do when you're jumping up onto a platform), you slide forward. It's fine for most maps but when you've got to be precise/go upward it's a pain in the neck
Ignore this, Mikey's right - it's holding the jump button that causes it, though I'm not sure how crouch walk bhopping is meant to work lol. I'm still in support of a toggle :)

Anyone gonna post the plugin that works or any possible way to add it.

Kevin is not going to put it in if there is no easy way of doing it.

This works, and it's public plugin, but it sucks and it's familiar to Plugin Counter-Strike (Source?) bhop.

Edit: It has a toggle command to turn it off/on.

Edit 2: Also, panda deathrun has private bhop so it's up to kevin whatever if he wants edit.

• Dumb
Reactions: Mikey

Nothing can be done without having the plugin that's on panda. I guess the only person that could add the toggle is Kevin himself.

• Boring
Reactions: Macko
We will not be swapping to any other plugin, because this will change the feel of bhop all together (most likely). I have the source as I've modified our plugin before, and when I have time, I will add a command to toggle your own bhop setting. Then it's up to this thread to see if we'll add it or not.

Hi, this change has now been completed and is live on Deathrun 02 (Server #22) for testing. When we've done further testing we will be pushing the changes to Deathrun 01 #09 as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread