Declined Ban Appeal - Nation - 7/13 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nation

Name of banned account: Nation

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nation101/

Date + Time of Ban: 07/14/2016 - 03:51

Reason for ban: Arguing with Admin

Admin that banned: Asuna

The ban is made in false terms. I asked the admin that slain me why I was banned, then I said alright i've never been slain for that reason before so it's whatever and then dropped it, someone else mentioned a similar case and then I said oh yeah I remember and then I was banned for arguing. Me and the Admin that slain me had no conversation past me asking him why I was slain, Asuna wasn't even on the server for more than 5 atleast, I've had a crappy day and I wont lie about it but I never argued with any admin.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:47398406
Reason: Attempting to steal/arguing with the rules

Anywho, since I was basically on the server when this happened about 2 minutes ago, (more like 10 by the time I finish typing this) allow me to shed some light on the subject

First, let's start with the time I saw you blatantly steal by standing incredibly close to me. I was on Red, and you were on Blu. You came incredibly close to me, and someone to the right of me happened to hit the rocket like they were supposed to. You immediately reflected it and flicked it behind you and to the left, stealing the rocket and shooting it to another player. Before I had time to manually slay you, however, you flicked the rocket to me and killed me.

When you were banned, this was because you attempted to steal and were slain for it. You and another player then began to argue the rules, claiming that attempting to steal when it was "looking" like it was going to hit you shouldn't be a slay-able offense. Another player then chimed in, "that would be like me being all the way on the other side of the map spamming airblast, and getting slain for it."

The rule is: No stealing is allowed on Panda DB servers. Now, some Admins are more lenient about it than others, but in my book, attempting to steal is not allowed at ALL; simply because people try to come up with this nice little loophole: "Let me walk in front of it, so it will be close enough to look like it will kill me, just to have an excuse to steal."

Now, onto the main reason why you were banned:

Over the entirety of your time on USA DB, you have been given FAR more than a fair share of warnings due to your constant stealing or attempting to steal. @Asuna , @Shiroe , and @Cryptic have all seen you do this, and have all slain you for it. This being said, since you had never been punished for it before, and you clearly know the rules, we decided to finally give you a punishment for it; alongside the fact that every single slay bestowed upon you starts an argument about why you were slain, even though it pops up in a long paragraph right after you were slain.

• Winner
Reactions: Tsumiki
First off, that wasn't the only reason. There's more to it.

Anyways, the other reason is because you attempted to steal.
You've been on the server longer than most players and should know the rules quit well. Yet, you break the rules. You have received far too many warnings.

By arguing with the admins, I will state the reasons.
1.) You claimed that slays are not warnings: @Cryptic and I, myself, were explaining how slays are warnings and you chose to be ignorant like usual by saying "No, they're not warnings"

2.) You argue about how you didn't steal/attempted to steal when other admins and I see you trying to airblast the rocket when it's not yours.

3.) We're playing on Blucourt and there's a lot of space to move around in. You chose to stand very close to someone's orbiting range and constantly airblast the rocket. There's logical reason why you should move away when there's so much space on that map to not get killed by the rocket. However, you chose not to. It's not our problem that you stole or died because you chose to not give players and yourself, space.

This ban should stay as it is since this player has receive too many warnings and never learn from their mistake(s). This is his second ban (1 day).

I suppose if I attempt to defend myself it would only hurt my case but i'm willing to take the risk because you are saying false reports.

Reason: Attempting to steal/arguing with the rules : I never arguged the rules, I was asking why I was slain and then I was fine with it. Two other people brought up different situations and then I took the heat for it because I said "Oh yeah" and then went on. If you were there like you said then you would know this to be true.

I saw you blatantly steal by standing incredibly close to me. : I stood right next to Wylde and then jumped on his head as we were doing a tower, I didn't move anywhere close to anyone else, if they moved to me then that was on them, if you don't believe me ask Wylde and I can quote "Aw you jerk you moved and forced me off you" Wylde "Yeah I can't statue for shit man" Me: "Oh yeah me to"

When you were banned, this was because you attempted to steal and were slain for it : So I was banned after one slay? That doesn't even seem fair. I should be warned before getting banned should I not? Then why was I banned after the first slay?

you have been given FAR more than a fair share of warnings : I've been slain a total of 4 times on that server. Practically the same amount as anyone else has including people that joined on their first day. Please don't exaggerate.

your constant stealing or attempting to steal : Ask Crypt I was statuing for 36 out of the 43 mins I was on today, I was in a rough mood for personal things in real life. I wasn't even moving.

@Asuna , @Shiroe , and @Cryptic have all seen you do this : Asuna has never slain me for stealing nor has she seen me steal directly because I avoid playing around with her. Shiore has never slain me or seen me steal because she only plays when other admins are on and I wouldn't be stupid enough to steal under the eyes of so many admins let alone steal in general. Cryptic is the only one that slain me because I was intentionally trying to get myself slain as a joke to a few fellow players I understand I broke the rules and accepted but after the slay I never attempted to steal again.

every single slay bestowed upon you starts and argument : 2 slays from Cryptic I never said a word I was laughing because it was a joke as explained earlier. Also the first time I was slain I deserved and was confused because I didn't fully understand the rules at the time, the last slain I never arguged I was confused because what I didn't know was defending against CQC counted as a steal. It was my pardon and not my intention to get everyone else on the server (2 -3 other players) to jump the gun and start stuff with the admin. I can't control the actions of my fellow players and I never directly influenced them to do so.

As stated earlier this probably only hurts my case more but I feel that I should be able to defend myself tooth and nail. I have argued with Admins before YES but there was a point to it, the time I don't argue is when i'm punished.

By arguing with the admins, I will state the reasons.
1.) You claimed that slays are not warnings: @Cryptic and I, myself, were explaining how slays are warnings and you chose to be ignorant like usual by saying "No, they're not warnings" : Slays are warnings please don't call me ignorant when I said I was asking why there was no verbal warning such as "Don't steal again" like there has been so many times before.

2.) You argue about how you didn't steal/attempted to steal when other admins and I see you trying to airblast the rocket when it's not yours. : I was trying to save myself from a switch flick or downspike which is a common tactic to quick kill CQC if it was a problem I should have been told I've never directly stolen in a CQC unless i've had to and I barely CQC the one time I do is when im punished.

3.) We're playing on Blucourt and there's a lot of space to move around in. You chose to stand very close to someone's orbiting range and constantly airblast the rocket. There's logical reason why you should move away when there's so much space on that map to not get killed by the rocket. However, you chose not to. It's not our problem that you stole or died because you chose to not give players and yourself, space. : Wylde and I were doing a Tower at first (Stacking pyros ontop of each other) and then we we're CQCing I said that verbally over the mic and people continued to switch it to me reguardless if you were there as you claimed you would be able to vouch for me.

Again, sorry for posting replys to replys on the thread, as stated in my first reply I believe I should be able to defend myself and if only one half of the story is being told then it's more of a "Admins against player" situation. I hope this doesn't effect my case.

Wylde and I were doing a Tower at first (Stacking pyros ontop of each other) and then we we're CQCing I said that verbally over the mic and people continued to switch it to me reguardless if you were there as you claimed you would be able to vouch for me.

I don't recall saying that you were towering and all that. It was that time when you were near one of the corners of the map where a player on the other team was orbiting as you constantly airblasted.

I don't recall saying that you were towering and all that. It was that time when you were near one of the corners of the map where a player on the other team was orbiting as you constantly airblasted.

As stated above, Wylde and I were towering, the player that was orbiting next to me was Wylde and he even said I wasn't stealing the rocket he flicked came pixels away from me I was constantly airblasting to prevent it again, I don't CQC every round and I only do it with certain people.

So I was banned after one slay? That doesn't even seem fair. I should be warned before getting banned should I not? Then why was I banned after the first slay?

There is no such rule that claims that there should be 3 slays. Admins have their own ways of punishing players. As you should know, you play on the server quite often and you should know the rules and yet you still break them. Just because you were slain "4 times" doesn't mean you can't learn from your mistake from breaking rules. It's not hard to follow simple rules in the server. If you have a problem with the rules, you can go play on a different Dodgeball server. There's many of them out there that don't care about stealing.

As stated above, Wylde and I were towering, the player that was orbiting next to me was Wylde and he even said I wasn't stealing the rocket he flicked came pixels away from me I was constantly airblasting to prevent it again, I don't CQC every round and I only do it with certain people.

Like I said earlier, move AWAY from the person orbiting their rocket. It's not hard to take a second to think about moving away and not getting killed easily because you're all over his space.

There is no such rule that claims that there should be 3 slays. Admins have their own ways of punishing players. As you should know, you play on the server quite often and you should know the rules and yet you still break them. Just because you were slain "4 times" doesn't mean you can't learn from your mistake from breaking rules. It's not hard to follow simple rules in the server. If you have a problem with the rules, you can go play on a different Dodgeball server. There's many of them out there that don't care about stealing.

Is there a way we can perhaps talk about this in messages or through steam voice so we don't have the delay and we can better clear the story? I wasn't asking or demanding anything past 3 slays I was just confused at first and I understand I handled the situation poorly but since the Admin showed no respect to me I wasn't going to apologize for my behavior, infact the admin that made that ban posted a reply on the appeal for my friend and the situation has been taken care of, when I bring up past drama I was banned, please don't do the same simply because you can't be punished for it.

Like I said earlier, move AWAY from the person orbiting their rocket. It's not hard to take a second to think about moving away and not getting killed easily because you're all over his space.

We we're towering he moved out from under me and started orbiting it I was scared for the flick I'm sorry if my reaction time and speed are not on par with yours but for me it was easier to blast in case he flicked it to me. I am sorry for my lack of experience in dodgeball.

I'm sorry if my reaction time and speed are not on par with yours but for me it was easier to blast in case he flicked it to me

You had the chance to move away when he was orbiting. Besides, I saw you just standing there right next to his orbit constantly airblasting instead of moving away.

I had the chance to move? He orbited it for at least a second I'm sorry again if my reaction time is not on par with yours.

I had the chance to move? He orbited it for at least a second I'm sorry again if my reaction time is not on par with yours.

Even if it was for a second, you could've took a step or two away and since you weren't the last one alive, it could've gone to someone else, not just you.

As I said before It was easier for me to just air-blast thats why I was confused on why I was slain I never attempted to argue with the admin, I was just confused as I've expressed. I COULD have moved if I wanted to take the risk of dying, I'm not putting any blame on Wylde, I would have done the same in terms of downspike switch to the nearest target which is what I was attempting to avoid.

Hello, I am a long standing dodgeball player, and a long player of panda, While i myself was not on when this happened, i can say, that nation is one of the most talkative and interactive players. In my time playing, only shiroe and crypt have been kind, interactive, and fair admins. Nearly all others, except those i rarely see, are either slaying new players for stealing once, getting mad at players for saying things, and even being disrespectful to players who have done nothing wrong. I am by far not perfect, but i have been slain a total of under 5 times, unless is was an accident by admin. and all but one of these was me playing around, and usually flailing around while running, continiously airblasting. The admins of the Panda DB server, are, and my appologies for those who dont like this, rude. they will flat out ignore players, and when an admin says that someone is getting on, then blatantly saying they are an admin, gets mad at a player when they make the comment, thats an admin, after just hearing it. when admins join the server, players leave, they stop having fun, and people are more stiff and quiet. i honestly love the panda community, but i dislike playing when most admins are online, because of them taking things too seriously and being rude to longstanding players who like to goof off. And banning after 1 offense is really extreme, the slay is good, but players should be able to voice thir oppinions, aswell as ask admins why something was done. Servers should not be dictatorship, but republics. If a player can do nothing when they are slain, how will they 1. find out how to not do it again, and 2. understand and build relationships.

It wasn't his "first offense." Nation knows the rules very well and I remember him saying something like, "I'm surprised the admins haven't banned me yet." As players were talking about stealing earlier today.

Besides, is the red chat and the message across the middle of your screen not enough? Also being slain is an even BIGGER warning also including the following messages after a player has been slain.

If Nation was a new player who didn't know the rules, this ban would be unfair. Us admins don't ban new people on the first steal.

I wasn't there when this whole argument thing happened. I can't really comment on that. But if the argument somehow pissed off an admin and Nation was disrespecting, I guess it would also be fair.

• Agree
Reactions: Tsumiki
It wasn't his "first offense." Nation knows the rules very well and I remember him saying something like, "I'm surprised the admins haven't banned me yet." As players were talking about stealing earlier today.

Soda said that and I quoted him because of our behavior last night. We we're both intoxicated please don't use words that weren't meant purposely from me against me.

Besides, is the red chat and the message across the middle of your screen not enough? Also being slain is an even BIGGER warning also including the following messages after a player has been slain.

I simply asked why i was slain because that was the first time I was slain in a CQC situations I was never intentionally trying to steal or block Wylde and he knew I was going to CQC him as I announced it verbally as said above.

If Nation was a new player who didn't know the rules, this ban would be unfair. Us admins don't ban new people on the first steal.

I was banend for stealing even though I didn't steal on the day I was banned. I stole a few times yesterday YES but crypt the admin who was on said they were fine as they would have killed me, I've been slain for intentionally stealing yes.

pissed off an admin and Nation was disrespecting, I guess it would also be fair.

I've been disrespected verbally number of times by Asuna, I've returned the favor by not apologizing for actions I've made against her and we can both agree that our relationship is less than friendly. I aslo didn't disrespect the admin that slayed me nor did I disrespect Dio who to my understanding told Bio the reason I was banned.

nation did not say that he was supprised he hadnt been baned, soda said he was supprised he hadnt been perm banned yet, and nation agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread