Declined Admin app. #03 - Brick (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

- Your name and/or nickname
David, or Brick

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
Over 18 and fit all the requirements, so no permission needed

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_1:0:10026953

- Your general online times and your timezone

i'm usually online between 16:00 -21:00, maybe more or less in the weekends, and i live in UCT

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
i would like to apply for duel and for versus Saxton Hale

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
Yes, i do

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I have been a moderator on discord, and applied twice before, I also applied for admin on a non-panda-community server was but was rejected because of my age

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No, but I’m confident I’ll figure it out.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I feel like I have got what it takes to be an admin because I want a server to be a friendly place where the rules are always followed. I know how to keep a level head and see both sides of the story, and feel like I am mature enough to appropriatly handle these situations. I have a lot of friends on the server which I get along with just fine, but people always make mistakes, and it is the job of an admin to point these out, so they don’t ruin the fun of other players joining the server. The duel server has specific rules that don’t always get followed by new players, because they are allowed and normal in other servers, I think it is important to point these rules out to beginning players, and feel like this isn’t done enough, because not following the rules will result in a ban, I want the new players to get accustomed to the rules and have fun time too, so that they may stay a little longer, and join the server again. That is why I made my punishment of duel-specific rules to be more lenient towards newer players. These players also face a lot of animosity when not following the rules by other players, and I feel like that can scare them off too, so i want to keep an eye to the other side too. I wont deny that I made some of these mistakes too, and i got punished for them. But thats only natural. I also really enjoy playing on this server, and want to make it a better, more pleasant place for everyone that joins.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

-Hacking // Permaban
(because hacking is unacceptable and ruins the fun for everyone.)

-Swearing/harassing other people // warning > 2 hour mute/gag > 12 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 3 day mute/gag > 7 day mute/gag > permamute/gag
(I don’t really mind swearing, as long as it is not directed at someone, and serious)

-Racism
warning > 6 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 3 day ban > 7 day ban > permaban
(I have chosen for a stricter approach to rasicm as to general swearing/harrassment, because it is a worse thing and therefore should be punished harder)

-Chat/Voicespamming // 2 hour mute/gag > 12 hour mute/gag> 1 day mute/gag > 3 day mute/gag > 7day mute/gag > permanent mute/gag

-Duel specific rules // warning > 1-3 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 3 day ban > 7 day ban > permaban
(I added the 1-3 hour ban because of the new players I mentioned, but you are a regular or visited the server at least once before, which I can check using gameme, you can count on the full punisment.)

-!call abuse // 2 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 3 day ban > 7 day ban > permaban
(!call abuse can be quite annoying and removes the severity of using the command so that has to be punished too.)

• Agree
Reactions: Matth
Ok, Brick is a regular on Duel and a fun guy to talk to. He knows the rules, he is friendly and in my opinion does cut to be an admin

The punishments for duel specific are a bit too kind. I had the same on my app, being kind to new players. But rules are rules, harsh reality. A little revise will do it.

As for VSH:
I don't see any specific rules on that.
I'm not a regular on VSH nor do i play that much on it but i do know it also has specific rules. Camping as hale, teaming and killing yourself as hale are the ones i know out of memory.

For the duel side of the application, i'll stay neutral for now. I'll leave another comment when revised.

For the VSH side, i can't say it because i'm not amdinistrating VSH but i know that it needs to be revised too.

Reactions: Brick
I have revised some of the punisments, aswell as making a hale specific pushiment set

VSH Specific Punisments like afk’ing and being friendly as hale // Warning > Kick > 3 Hour ban > 12 hours > 1 day > 3 days> 1 week > Perma

examples of warnings i would give:
- Use !resetq if you don't want to be Hale
- No being friendly as Hale, please fight
- Go spectate mode if you go afk

Duel specific Punisments like stickytrapping // Slay/warning > 3 hour ban > 12 hours > 1 day > 3 days > 1 week > perma

examples of warnings i would give:
On duel we have specific audio+text binds i would use to notify the person breaking the rule, aswell as warning the rest of the server not to break that rule.

I hope this revise cleared some things up for those asking, let me know if a should change anything.

• Useful
Reactions: BlackY and PNN
Good day y'all.
I basically confirm everything @BlackY already said, valid also for VSH.
Brick is friendly, respectful, polite and active.. and his voice is loved by me and many people!
Surely one of the users I like most in the server when he's on.
About the punishments, I agree with your general guidelines. (The right amount of time is learnt with experience, ofc.)

+1. Good luck, @Brick .

Real SteamID: STEAM_0:0:100269533

2 Comms

Did not see that he missed the last "3" in his SteamID.

Actual Comms (2)

Hai Brick,

I've seen you on the server a few times, but not enough really to make a judgement on your admin capabilities. From a first impression you are friendly and helpful to the players on VSH, however it is not often I see you enforcing rules which I'd personally like to see a bit more. Your punishments section is a little wild and messy, but punishments are something we can easily put you on the right track for. A quick look at your gameME for VSH shows 100% activity, but a lot of your sessions are pretty low - I noticed a few even under 20 minutes. Your connects are a little sporadic too, playing every day for a week but then not at all the next, the inconsistency of this makes me question whether you're only applying for VSH because you've scraped the minimum amount of play time.

Overall, I'd suggest keeping your application to Duel for now as it seems the guys over there know you a lot better. Who knows, maybe you'll prove me wrong soon but for now it is a
-1 from me.

Reactions: Zeprus and Brick
Actual Comms (2)

Hai Brick,

I've seen you on the server a few times, but not enough really to make a judgement on your admin capabilities. From a first impression you are friendly and helpful to the players on VSH, however it is not often I see you enforcing rules which I'd personally like to see a bit more. Your punishments section is a little wild and messy, but punishments are something we can easily put you on the right track for. A quick look at your gameME for VSH shows 100% activity, but a lot of your sessions are pretty low - I noticed a few even under 20 minutes. Your connects are a little sporadic too, playing every day for a week but then not at all the next, the inconsistency of this makes me question whether you're only applying for VSH because you've scraped the minimum amount of play time.

Overall, I'd suggest keeping your application to Duel for now as it seems the guys over there know you a lot better. Who knows, maybe you'll prove me wrong soon but for now it is a
-1 from me.

I see where you are coming from with the irregularity and the short sessions and playtime, and how that can be detrimental to being a good admin. the truth is that i have been incredibly busy the last few weeks with school, i have those weeks sometimes, that i gotta focus on real life for a second. I am also not really a player that sticks around on the server for a long time, i often get bored and do 1 or 2 map rotations and then i'm done and go to do something else, lately i have been playing on non-panda VSH servers a lot too because i was playing with other friends there. from my perspective i have been online on VSH more than I've been on duel lately and wanted to apply because i passed the minimum to do so. i intend to keep joining both servers regularly as i see them both equally fun. i hope this clears up some of your questions for the future.

Hello,

Brick I am gonna vote at a later date when I play with you a bit more. You are a great guy and you would make a great admin to my knowledge of you so far. So keep it up.

Good luck, (Get your sessions up a bit more)

Neutral until further notice.

As Evert said, don't mess it up
You've revised like i've said and it looks good.
+1 for duel
Good luck fellow Dutchman

I have many problematics with you. I am probably gonna be the only duel admin who will rate this as negative.
You already applied before and have been muted for spam. I believe you had somewhat of a provocative behaviour when you applied for the first time but dont count me on that, its stuck in my head for some reason. You almost only use voice chat nowadays so I cant tell if you show any provocative behaviour.
Your sessions look poor, it might be a duel thing right now because its nowhere near 15 players (add new map kevin ;) ). But getting a hour per day on duel is an easy thing, so I dont know even when there are low player counts how you cant get up to at least a hour for a server you wish to administrate for. Also you are having a low point counter, this isnt a requirement for the admin position but it would be nicer to see having admins who actually have played on their server they administrate for.
Cant really say what to think about vsh cause ??? vsh ???

EDIT: -1

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, i see where you are coming from, especially with the provocative behaviour one. I used to insult people a lot, thats just how i grew up, and is normal in my environment. but once i recognised it wasn't allowed on this server i started doing it less and less. and with a few fallbacks and bad days i feel like i have improved a lot from who i was then. the reason i got muted had nothing to do with insulting but just being too loud with Hoody, which i was and i can't deny that. I have been busy with real life stuff and have been allocating most of my free time playing this game to playing vsh. I am also not a hardcore tf2 gamer man and stick with very short sessions, because i get bored easily. as for having a low point counter: i just suck at the game and spend most of my time running awa from people as deadringer spy. hope that cleared some things up for you, same as with roary.

thanks for giving the feedback, it helps me to improve as a person.

After playing with brick quite a bit recently and watching him in the server. I have found he isn’t the best suited candidate for vsh. After having to warn him for mistakes on multiple occasions including ghosting, admin revealing and failing as hale, honestly it’s a wonder I haven’t punished you.

-1 from me

To be honest, of what I've seen of Brick, he's been a decent player. Been active a lot (atleast like 2 weeks back, I personally haven't been able to play much since). He was also active on the mic, and overall just a nice player. A really well-written application, good English capabilities, and a clean admin record. All these points are very noteworthy, however.
I was going to say I was gonna support him, until I saw Magglet's post.

Since I haven't been active a lot lately, and I haven't seen the side of him that Magglet describes, I'd like to watch him more before I'm able to give my final conclusion.

After playing with brick quite a bit recently and watching him in the server. I have found he isn’t the best suited candidate for vsh. After having to warn him for mistakes on multiple occasions including ghosting, admin revealing and failing as hale, honestly it’s a wonder I haven’t punished you.

-1 from me

Understandable, I don't know what is going on with me, but i keep breaking rules and i don't see myself as a good admin if i continue this behavior. I may take a break from tf2 for a week to figure some issues out and focus on my out of game life. thank you for being honest with me @Magglet.

Reactions: Magglet
I wont repeat what i said in your previous application (about warns and such). Hope your break will allow you to improve your behavior. Until then, i stay neutral. You could be a good admin, just need to be clean. The most have been said, and i agree with them :Don't mess up ~

Just letting you know that your app is under review. Please remember that this will not be locked so that if the full/trial admins wanted to say something.

declined for now, you may apply again in a month; 31.01.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread