Completed Adding explicit rules around 'cheating' to the JB rules. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

Just a quick suggestion to add a couple things to the rules regarding 'cheating'; more specifically, addressing the following three points:

Is 'no cheating' implied?
What exactly is considered 'cheating'? (Providing examples and such, giving a clear definition.)
Is usage of the Thermal Thruster (the Pyro's new jetpack thing) considered as cheating?

I've probably forgotten a couple other things, but hey. Three is better than nothing.

:thinking:

I don't think it is implied. Correct me if I'm wrong @Zushikikato Wolfeh. I would consider cheating as something that gives an unfair type advantage. something like, aimbot etc etc. Cheating inside the JB minigame involves, going to the end of obby when told to start, slowly walking over the edge of a podium on sweeper so the beam can't hit you etc etc.
In my eyes, the thruster is a form of cheating inside minigames like the B.A.S.E Jumper due to the slower falling speed and better air control.

This is what I think it is. It could be wrong so no haterrino pls :pepe:

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy
Stuff like basejumper and jetpack should just be restricted by warden, cheating in a mini game is like rushing to the end of obby by leaving the mini game and running towards around it to the finish. Doing stuff like that is KOS, ppl are just being smartasses... it is like this shit.

EX. People have a yellowline as a spray and they rush to that yellow line.... it doesn't count, ppl are just being smartasses

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy
Alright, thank you both for quick replies. ( :

Stuff like basejumper and jetpack should just be restricted by warden, cheating in a mini game is like rushing to the end of obby by leaving the mini game and running towards around it to the finish. Doing stuff like that is KOS, ppl are just being smartasses... it is like this shit.

EX. People have a yellowline as a spray and they rush to that yellow line.... it doesn't count, ppl are just being smartasses
I agree that the yellow line spray thing and going to other lines are nitpicking, but I wouldn't consider cheating in a minigame nitpicking or KOS. I mean I often "cheat" in minigames, but it should not be KOS if warden does not say so. Nitpicking is slightly altering warden's orders (as in "Not this yellow line, there's another one over there!"). This was a big argument many months ago where it was considered "backtracking" to go around the minigame to the exit. And obviously, backtracking is delaying by going backwards, but as long as you aren't leaving the area where the obby is located, you aren't backtracking at all if warden didn't say "no cheating". I agree it's confusing, but it makes sense if warden just says no cheating. I think this should be further explained in the rules. Many people have said things like, "You can't make me restart" or stuff like that. I said that long ago in my early days of JB, but I now realize that makes no sense. But that does fall under "If a prisoner is last alive and followed all orders, he deserves LR and should not be forced to do something extra to get it." Overall, things like this and Simon Says require a lot more elaboration in the rules.

Reactions: Spam Goose
I agree that the yellow line spray thing and going to other lines are nitpicking, but I wouldn't consider cheating in a minigame nitpicking or KOS. I mean I often "cheat" in minigames, but it should not be KOS if warden does not say so. Nitpicking is slightly altering warden's orders (as in "Not this yellow line, there's another one over there!"). This was a big argument many months ago where it was considered "backtracking" to go around the minigame to the exit. And obviously, backtracking is delaying by going backwards, but as long as you aren't leaving the area where the obby is located, you aren't backtracking at all if warden didn't say "no cheating". I agree it's confusing, but it makes sense if warden just says no cheating. I think this should be further explained in the rules. Many people have said things like, "You can't make me restart" or stuff like that. I said that long ago in my early days of JB, but I now realize that makes no sense. But that does fall under "If a prisoner is last alive and followed all orders, he deserves LR and should not be forced to do something extra to get it." Overall, things like this and Simon Says require a lot more elaboration in the rules.

yea they need to elaborate on Simon says, because after just seeing reports about jb and simon says, it seems like an easy way for them to free kill all by saying there is a person whos real name is simon, and he isn't the simon picked. wardens for fake yellow lines can just say on the original yellow line or non-spray yellow line

also like on the other one about simon says, if warden doesn't say "simon says x is simon" its trickery. "x is simon" is trickery because warden IS THE simon and gave a false command

true, idk why there is 2 for Simon says, but I guess this is for cheating more.

If someone is going to run around obby towards the exit when they have to start, i will kill you, no hesitation and i won't punish anyone for doing it. 1) common sense, when the fuck can you cheat 2) You want to be a smartass? i will be one aswell and you will die for being one xD

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy and ST6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread