Completed A new jb map that is too epic so it wont get added (1 Viewer)

Add this map?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the new version and I’m guessing people of already said what I have noted but I want to just share my thoughts anyway because chances are if anything is repeated it needs to be fixed

Pros
Vs Sentry seems good
Disco music is good maybe add a disco ball or something fun idk
I like obby it’s very unique with the scouts that follow you it’s like steady pace (personally I think the scouts should come a little more frequently)

Cons
The arena is tilted and I do not know if this is intentional but it is very nauseating to go inside. It’s also very hard to climb down the ladder without taking fall damage I would really make it flat if it was intended to be

Nine square door is too long. Reds can run out from two squares and not one. In every single map that has this game, the door only opens and is as long as one square. This one extends past one square and I find that a little annoying

Danger below is impossible to win the Robbie rotten floor specifically

Hide and go boom when I think about it is favoritism Unless the person hitting the button is constantly looking at the ground or at the bottom of the button so they do not see who is hiding in the chambers. This is not the same as stage chaos, because in that game the blue has no idea who they are killing

Deathrun is too short only has 5 traps

God dammit give me time in between replies
Disco music is good maybe add a disco ball or something fun idk
Can do Will fix
The arena is tilted and I do not know if this is intentional but it is very nauseating to go inside. It’s also very hard to climb down the ladder without taking fall damage I would really make it flat if it was intended to be
Can do Will fix

Nine square door is too long. Reds can run out from two squares and not one. In every single map that has this game, the door only opens and is as long as one square. This one extends past one square and I find that a little annoying
Will fix
Danger below is impossible to win the Robbie rotten floor specifically
Notice the wording "here's a little lesson in trickery" maybe hinting at this panel is a bit different fine I spill it simply inverted from the other platforms
Hide and go boom when I think about it is favoritism Unless the person hitting the button is constantly looking at the ground or at the bottom of the button so they do not see who is hiding in the chambers. This is not the same
as stage chaos, because in that game the blue has no idea who they are killing
The buttons fun fact are completely random it jabbing a bit at Casuarina's hide and go boom favoritism there is no favoritism in this map except for maybe deathrun but you can't control that
Deathrun is too short only has 5 traps
Yeah I wanted to expand deathrun but also wanted to get this out before the maps vote expires I will probably release a V2c-d to fix and add a lot of these things

And for @Classy Plant 's list o complaints that it won't let me quote for some reason

"My biggest problem with the map is that everything is so freaking big. Not being a map maker, I'm not sure how to fix this, but keeping in mind that this is intended to be played on the jb server, I can see a lot of problems with it. One of the problems is that you can't see over the huge blu side blocks such as in danger below. " it's a bit late to fix that but I'll try to fix it in as many places as possible

"I would label the little hallways you have so that people can navigate a bit better when they're here. "
I don't have any interesting names to call them except "side hallway 1" or "U turn hallway" if you got any ideas tell me

"I love the Awp Dodge/Pool secret spot, but the pool vent is really hard to break since you can't crouch in water. I see you moved it up so it's possible, but I think you should just move it to the wall." I didn't even think of that Will fix

"Crush game: Way too fast for such a large floor, especially on the second round, not sure if this will level up the skill or the hatred for this game, probably both, but I like the shotgun noises."
Floor was actualy just copy/pasted from 9square so that's why I can definitely shrink it as even I have problems getting places on the second round as heavy will fix

"Arena: Tilt it fricken more, I wanna see people getting fall damage when they jump off the high end."
Your wish is my command

"Death Run: I still don't like how big it is, it takes up about a 7th of the entire map, and it only has 5 buttons and an engie. I recommend switching blu and red sides and at least adding some more traps to the first section. (Also the engie is slow af)"
As stated before I wanted to overhaul deathrun but I ran out of time so I will feed the engie more cookies to make him go faster and add more traps I don't feel like completely switching the sides here but will if I have to will fix

"Hide n go boom: Why are there 4 buttons? Are you doing this so that blus can decide when they blow something up, or is each button linked to a certain slot? "
As stated before buttons are still completely random

"Something I only just now realized, is that there is no blu side, which means if somebody wants to fricken hide behind a wall and just stay there, they can unless a blu comes in. All you need to do for this is make a giant box on top, accessible by ladder, that has a shoot through floor so they can track the progress of the reds. This will also add some cool possibilities for hiding as a rebel."
Will fix

"I would really like to gather a few jb people up and make a community server so that we can give you suggestions while playing like a real game. I think it'll give some insight on how well real people could play the map, and might expose some bugs." I wanted to do this as well however I could not get a server to test it on I probably won't do it now since it's a bit late but for any future maps I'd be down for doing it.

"I think you did a great great job with the map, and after a few more bug fixes, I think we should add it. Btw, good luck on jb bootcamp. "
Revealing my future plans >:C

All I was saying with hide n go boom is that I don't understand the need for 4 buttons instead of one, but if you say it's a jab at Casuarina, I'm all for it

Also, for the labeling of the hallways, just name them something dumb like Robbie's Corner or Shaggy's throne room, it's already a meme map, so you could name it anything.

Btw, forgot to mention this, but you might want to add doors to obby, or at least make it so they can't get out once they start, e.g. ml_castle, ba_hop_jb. You could at least button doors.

Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
We don't necessarily need plugins, all we need is a server we can all join. Things like lr and ff will work reguardless, and not having crits as a guard will be fine too. We can pretend that all that stuff is working, but we would mainly just be testing the map out.

I like the progress this map has made with everyone pitching in ideas/fixes for it. Ill go ahead and change my vote to yes assuming "V2c-d" comes out. Lets also try and get the other admins and perhaps some regs together and test it out.

About that server:
type in console:
'sv_cheats 1'
Use 'addcond 33' to give yourself crits
Use 'mp_friendlyfire 1' to enable ff and 'mp_friendlyfire 0' to disable it
that's actually all i know about console commands oof

Also Bambi or any other admin, I would advise to restart the vote once Semi announces that he is officially done with adding new things to the map (not counting bug fixes), which may be right now but that's his call

Reactions: Doge Loaf
I second that, I want to see a fully finished version and a play test, and then I think we can vote.

Odd Question for my lord Semicolon, Does the map use Warden menu or the buttons? B)

Odd Question for my lord Semicolon, Does the map use Warden menu or the buttons? B)
Stupid question just download the map lmao but yeah it uses the buttons

Correct me if I’m wrong but warden menu cell door opening has to be coded in which is why only maps with no or broken cell door buttons only have this.

Is there a 9 square?
Probably but I’m not sure

Also just a note will probably try to release V3 this weekend

Is there an obby, if so, please rate the hardness ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Dumb
Reactions: Gold
download the fucking map
stop spamming the thread with useless questions when you can literally download the map
if you don't know how to do a simple task like that, use google

Thoughts on V3:

I fucking hate Arena being tilted it actually gives me a headache. I get it’s suposed to be like that but either make the tilt a LOT less, or make it flat. Please.
I also like arenas where there are little ramps and stuff on the floor but that would only be if it’s flat.

I love the freekill lord trap in death run fucking made me laugh my ass off

Stairway is nice tho a scout can dominate easily and skip a lot of steps

This is just because I like the game so much, but if you could make danger below longer, I would really like that.

Obby is fun the spinning fans may be too hard
But what I really want changed is the last part. It’s almost a leap of faith and has awful timing. Either make it go up and down at a faster rate or change that last part.

Also
Perhaps add a soccer field? Idk.

Overall improved you’re getting there

I fucking hate Arena being tilted it actually gives me a headache. I get it’s suposed to be like that but either make the tilt a LOT less, or make it flat. Please.
I also like arenas where there are little ramps and stuff on the floor but that would only be if it’s flat.
Yeah I get that a lot probably gonna put it back to normal since a lot of people seem to hate it as-is will fix

I love the freekill lord trap in death run fucking made me laugh my ass off
I stole some of the voicelines from your reports ;)

Stairway is nice tho a scout can dominate easily and skip a lot of steps
Downside of only testing jumping games as heavy will fix

Obby is fun the spinning fans may be too hard
Will probably add more fans since it’s pretty hard as heavy and a scout with the basher can easiler cheese it will fix

But what I really want changed is the last part. It’s almost a leap of faith and has awful timing. Either make it go up and down at a faster rate or change that last part.
Possibly fix

Perhaps add a soccer field? Idk.
not adding any more games or other major features since I want to move on from this map soon only bugfoxes and minor tweaks from here on out.

My V3 Notes

Stairway: I really like everything you did with it, like moving beams and such, but at the very least, you should probably add some walls around it so people don't fall in, and so that it's harder for people to just jump onto a higher beam. Also, the water is kinda deep for a fall breaker.

Diner: The fridge is hollow??

DR: I still don't like that you put blu side around red side, instead of red around blu, because it makes it so easy to speedrun, especially when the traps are so far apart, but I like the freekill lord trap, and thank you for taking my hurt box suggestion.

Obby: What is the breakable wood scout at the end of the scout obstacle for? I Also just noticed you can break the moving scouts from the back, but it doesn't effect their ability to push you. Not sure if either of those need to be fixed, as it could just be a random easter egg, but I'm curious on if you know anything about it. Other than that, It looks great, and the sweeper beam obstacle is really neat.

Btw, is this a bug? There's a weird walkable space in obby that you can't get to, but you can see. It's very odd.

Anyways, good job, it looks very close to being finished.

P.S.

Where the heck are the new rebel spots? And side idea for arena if you don't make it flat: You could add some stairs or a ramp to connect arena with the hallway right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread