Completed A minor update to the JB (Jailbreak) rules. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly but Forgotten

If one was to go into the Jailbreak server rules (https://www.panda-community.com/threads/jailbreak-rules-06-04-2017.11901/) one would find that there's no mention of a death request (DR). Though it's common place to give a prisoner a DR after they have selected a LR. A simple set of rules ought to be added to ensure there's a complete understanding of DR.

I suggest the following:

-A Red must participate in their DR.
-A Red may request for Blus to participate in their DR.
-If a Red has acquired Rebelling statis during their DR they are to be slain.
-If a Red survives their DR they are to be slain.
-If a DR outside of a mini-game takes more than one and a half minutes then it would count as delay and then the Red is to be slain.
-Freedays that are left alive must participate in the Red's DR.
-If there are no non-rebelling Reds left Freedays recieve DR.
-If there are mutliple Freedays they must agree on a single DR.
-If the DR involves a mini-game the Warden is to activate said mini-game, and if possible enter the mini-game.

I believe I have covered most of the bases on this topic, however if I missed anything or if something seems unreasonable please modify and add to this thread.

The first 2 rules and the last one that you've suggested seem fine to me, the others are just unnecessary.

First of all if a red gets rebel status during their dr the the blus will kill them or the red will kill the blus. There is honestly no need for a red to get slayed during their dr because they rebelled.

Also if a dr is finished the red either kills themself, the blus kills them, the red attacks the blus and gets killed or the red kills the blus. I feel like that seems just fine.

Freedays should have the option to join but should not be forced, freedays shouldn't get a dr because they're the last ones alive as they're freedays. Giving a freeday a dr is in my opinion the equivalent of giving a freeday lr on the end of the round.

Now it might be an unpopular opinion but the JB rules as it is now limits the players in a lot of ways (compared to what it used to be). So in my opinion I don't feel like we should limit players even more by adding these rules.

But hey that's just my say on it.

The first 2 rules and the last one that you've suggested seem fine to me, the others are just unnecessary.

First of all if a red gets rebel status during their dr the the blus will kill them or the red will kill the blus. There is honestly no need for a red to get slayed during their dr because they rebelled.

Also if a dr is finished the red either kills themself, the blus kills them, the red attacks the blus and gets killed or the red kills the blus. I feel like that seems just fine.

Freedays should have the option to join but should not be forced, freedays shouldn't get a dr because they're the last ones alive as they're freedays. Giving a freeday a dr is in my opinion the equivalent of giving a freeday lr on the end of the round.

Now it might be an unpopular opinion but the JB rules as it is now limits the players in a lot of ways (compared to what it used to be). So in my opinion I don't feel like we should limit players even more by adding these rules.

But hey that's just my say on it.

I understand why you think this way. And I do think that freedays shouldn't get a DR, but it's more of a peace keeping type of idea.
Though looking at the time limit I can see that needing change. I simply want a concrete basis for the idea of a death request because there's no rules about it. I also suppose that forcing a Freeday would be a bit far so it being optional makes sense.
I just want there to be some sort of rules because it's annoying to have some nit picky people either saying "I don't have to participate in my death request because the rules don't say so," or "You don't get a DR because it's not in the rules."

I understand why you think this way. And I do think that freedays shouldn't get a DR, but it's more of a peace keeping type of idea.
Though looking at the time limit I can see that needing change. I simply want a concrete basis for the idea of a death request because there's no rules about it. I also suppose that forcing a Freeday would be a bit far so it being optional makes sense.
I just want there to be some sort of rules because it's annoying to have some nit picky people either saying "I don't have to participate in my death request because the rules don't say so," or "You don't get a DR because it's not in the rules."

Well having some rules that state that you have to give dr as a blu and the red in question having to participate would make sense to me.

Just not the whole slaying part and the freeday part. Plus I'd think most freedays would probably hide if you'd try to force them to join the dr.

Nobody should be slain for rebelling unless an admin respawns the player and they run off or something. Just saying, not everything has to be specified in the rules, you are allowed to kill reds after their deathwish, they're the ones that have to be in it (blues aswell if requested) and reds can't do a deathwish where blues have to purposely kill themselves in any way before the red player (unless the blues are in on it).

Btw @Drexils I'm not entirely sure about this but I think he wants freedays to get deathwishes so they don't delay the entire round (and with a time limit)

Reactions: Flynt
Nobody should be slain for rebelling unless an admin respawns the player and they run off or something. Just saying, not everything has to be specified in the rules, you are allowed to kill reds after their deathwish, they're the ones that have to be in it (blues aswell if requested) and reds can't do a deathwish where blues have to purposely kill themselves in any way before the red player (unless the blues are in on it).

Btw @Drexils I'm not entirely sure about this but I think he wants freedays to get deathwishes so they don't delay the entire round (and with a time limit)

I think I may have used the incorrect terms. When I said slain I meant more that Blus would kill the Red to prevent delay and rebelling, not the admin doing anything.

Sorry about my foolishness.

• Informative
Reactions: Flynt
In terms of "-A Red must participate in their DR."
I disagree, sometimes as a red i try to trap the blues in the game to get ammo so yeah i would become a rebeller, otherwise i would become a delayer.
Also DR is pretty much an honor bound rule as well

I've discussed this with Travis at least twice. The answer I've been given was 'It's common sense,' 'It's not needed,' or 'I'm not going to go through that effort.'

1-A Red must participate in their DR.
2-A Red may request for Blus to participate in their DR.
3-If a Red has acquired Rebelling statis during their DR they are to be slain.
4-If a Red survives their DR they are to be slain.
5-If a DR outside of a mini-game takes more than one and a half minutes then it would count as delay and then the Red is to be slain.
6-Freedays that are left alive must participate in the Red's DR.
7-If there are no non-rebelling Reds left Freedays recieve DR.
8-If there are mutliple Freedays they must agree on a single DR.
9-If the DR involves a mini-game the Warden is to activate said mini-game, and if possible enter the mini-game.

The first rule is implied by the name, 'Death Request.'
The second rule is well known on the server, and doesn't really need to be added to the rules, though it ought to be.
The third rule is implied by the simple fact they are a rebel.
Fourth rule: If a RED survives their Death Request, they are to be killed as they've invalidated or ended their Death Request and are now just delaying.
Fifth rule: They're delaying, and are KOS.
Sixth is common sense. I don't know why people think otherwise.
Seventh is covered under round delay clauses; leaving them alive to wander is pure round delay.
Eighth is well known enough that it doesn't need to be added, though it ought to be.
Nine is well known enough that it doesn't need to be added, though it ought to be. I also don't think is true, though I may be wrong.

I am a person who's all for adding as many rules ars possible to help keep people in the loop in regards to the rules. The above is what I believe would be the reasoning against adding these to the server rules.

On a side note, slay =/= KOS. Slaying is done via administrative enforcing, while the other is done by regular players.

I've discussed this with Travis at least twice. The answer I've been given was 'It's common sense,' 'It's not needed,' or 'I'm not going to go through that effort.'

The first rule is implied by the name, 'Death Request.'
The second rule is well known on the server, and doesn't really need to be added to the rules, though it ought to be.
The third rule is implied by the simple fact they are a rebel.
Fourth rule: If a RED survives their Death Request, they are to be killed as they've invalidated or ended their Death Request and are now just delaying.
Fifth rule: They're delaying, and are KOS.
Sixth is common sense. I don't know why people think otherwise.
Seventh is covered under round delay clauses; leaving them alive to wander is pure round delay.
Eighth is well known enough that it doesn't need to be added, though it ought to be.
Nine is well known enough that it doesn't need to be added, though it ought to be. I also don't think is true, though I may be wrong.

I am a person who's all for adding as many rules ars possible to help keep people in the loop in regards to the rules. The above is what I believe would be the reasoning against adding these to the server rules.

On a side note, slay =/= KOS. Slaying is done via administrative enforcing, while the other is done by regular players.

Got to say I agree with everything but the sixth one, also people think otherwise because it's different in JB EU and imo obviously better. From what I've seen in JB EU it was always the choice of the person receiving the dr if they want the freedays to join in or not, it was never something that they were forced to do in general. (Sure if the person choosing the dr wants it then they're forced to do it or they get killed, but otherwise they can roam around a bit more or watch)

Of course they get killed afterwards to avoid delaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread