What year did you first start playing Team Fortress 2, and what was it like? (1 Viewer)

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Me?

I first played the game at a friend's house in early 2014, and downloaded the game for myself in July 2014 (almost eight years ago today). When I first started playing, the Love & War update had just come out. Casual mode was so much different. You could pick whatever server with whatever map you desired, you could change teams, and there were no EXP. Just good ol' fun.

I was a dumb, inexperienced 14-year-old who probably did a lot of F2P noob stuff back in the day. I'm sure a lot of casual regulars didn't like me.

I just used to play tf2 on the orange box on the ps3 and thought of it as fun to keep me busy for a bit. It was Until around late 2013 or whenever is when I got it on pc and found out about how much more it had to offer and I’m glad I did.

>be me
>2016
>shit year, no good movies and hs still sucks
>working fast food to pay for car
>friend invites me to come to a Lan party with friends
>surewhynot.jpeg
>friends start discussing what to play
>little brother suggests to play a game he started recently
>older brother call him a loser
>cries and runs to his room
>group goes to check on him
>playing a game while drying his eyes
>TF2 main menu
>looks kind of cartoony but midly interested
>kid shows us all the "Meet the" videos
>All five of us decide to play
>first match we go on 2fort where 3 or 4 people are just screaming into the mic whilst doing silly dances in the middle bridge while rockets and grenades rain down on us.

Here i am.
6 years later.

2011, brother was looking for games for us to play and he found TF2, we fell in love with it and still play to this day

I started playing tf2 late 2014 after playing a shit ton of Call of Duty: Black Ops and Battlefield 1943

saw a slender fortress gameplay video of fnaf map on youtube in 2014 and my small brain thought it was really cool, not regretting it. best gamemode.
i even had the best experience using my mother's laptop, which was already overheating and burning from flash redline rumble car games and crashing almost instantly when joining team fortress server

Users who are viewing this thread