Declined VSH Shield update (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magglet

Donator
Hello,

Pretty simple request as some vsh updates are being sorted.

I personally think that after a period of time for example a minute, the demomans shield should return to him.

Just my experience with the class has taught me that if you can play for example 45 seconds without a shield it should come back imo.

Poll added :)

Not gonna lie, this could be considered to be OP, and at some point not because sometimes you are dead once you have no shield as an example, you are stuck at 2 heads or something.
EDIT: i will take a bit of thinking before voting

Hi,

I have voted no, i just think 45sec is just too short to make it work.
This change will benefit weaker players, but good/pro players will abuse it to the moon. Maybe in FF2 is more needed because of more OP hales. But i say it as VSH average player.
Maybe like 2-3 minutes (just make it long) will be better, as a reward for keeping it alive through the round (after shield down, change playstyle to pipes or more careful approach) rather than constant trying 1v1 hale without team support. Basically medic overheal is your second shield. Good players still make good damage right now as demoknight and i dont think they need this buff.

• Agree
Reactions: Jiji
Sorry Magglet but I feel like this isn't such a good idea, as Scudi already mentioned this could be abused by some of the better demo players.

If this gets implemented though I'd rather have it regenerate after maybe 2 minutes, definitely not 45 seconds.

Demoknight can already easily get top 3 damage, shield regen will probably make demomen a bit more campy and the class already has so much survivability it's just not necessary. A way around this would be to make one of the shields (i.e. tide turner) recharge in like 1 minute but instead of blocking all damage it reduces damage taken by 50%. This would not really help demoknights (unless they're being healed) but it'd push the normal demo a bit allowing for prolonged survival without having to equip boots.
Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread