VSH Cheater Report No.2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin

Demo recordings from spectator cams don't have any benefit over screen recorders as it isn't recording realtime inputs/visuals. While Status provides the information displayed above and nothing else, i'm not sure what you're asking for.

Demo recordings from spectator cams don't have any benefit over screen recorders as it isn't recording realtime inputs/visuals. While Status provides the information displayed above and nothing else, i'm not sure what you're asking for.
When you record a .dem file we see what the server sees, which can give us a lot of more information instead of a simple .mp4 clip.

First of, when you play a demo that is from panda community this always comes up: SetConVar: sv_downloadurl = "http://fastdl.at/panda/[server_name]", which shows us that this was recorded in panda community, which the clip doesn't give us.

Second of, when you do status you get an table with ID, steamID_32 and username, and with that information an admin that reviews the demo can clarify that the steamID you provided was right. Which your clip doesn't provide.

But in your case right here is quiet fine since ): was the only username recorded in vsh: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=search&q=):&st=player&game=tf53 , but if there were more ): then there could be an issue, the admin then has to go through the events and try to match them with your clip and see if it is accurate or not, or ask you again when you recorded it and check if the session matches. Or if you are lucky the other ): has been inactive for super long time so it gets easier, and etc etc.

My point was that .dem with status record in it, is way better than a simple .mp4. Because you get way more information that can hold you report stronger.

• Informative
Reactions: Mikey
dont forget he was also using a fake ping ;)
I dont see why demo's aren't trustworthy, especially if she were to fake this report, she would have to get 6 players, including me online reinact this scene, make a person who she's never heard of install an aimbot and use it without getting banned.
kinda too much to fake lol @Tolfx

• Indifferent
Reactions: Tolfx
I spoke with admins of vsh privately before making this report to ensure it was even worth chasing up on, I'm aware of what demos do for the server, but considering the situation with regulars clearly within the server, admin approval and more. It seems odd to be this nitpicky of a report, in future i'll use demos as to avoid being deterred from making reports at all.

Hello Heather. I saw some discussion so ye, we're gonna end them.

We are sure that who shoots in the demo is this guy called " : ( ", thanks to the !haledmg that gives evidence of this. It was very important.
Now ye, @Tolfx is right for the rest. However, in this case, there's no other guy called like this on VSH (we can see it here), so there's no problem.
(Without that, I would have had some difficulty in banning this guy. Still, a cross-reference on hlstatsx would have helped anyway in banning the guy.)

Accepted. Thanks for the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread