Accepted USJB Application #1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riobi

- Your name and/or nickname
Asper / Calvin

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread) @Sin.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:0:205941684

- Your general online times and your timezone
I'm usually online every day and wake up around 9-10am / My timezone is CST or GMT-6 / I'm mostly on the server when most admins aren't on which is around 12am to 8am
- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
US Jailbreak

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
Yes

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I was admin for the server Fortress of Gamers for about 2-3 months before it shutdown in november of 2018.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I do, but it's been a while since I have used it but it won't take me too long to learn it again

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I think I will be a good choice because I love the community, I am very active in voice, and I will most likely be on the server everyday. Also it will benefit the other admins who are not on at the time that most of the players are on. I'm pretty mature for the most part when it comes to banning and explaining rules to newer players.
For being fairly new, I was able to get well known in the community, befriend a bunch of people, and got myself familiarized with the rules.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
General Bans - 360/720/1440/4320/10080/43200/perm || Hacking is an immediate perm ||
Guard Bans - 120/240/480/960/1920/perm
Communication Bans - 360/720/1440/4320/10080/43200/perm
MFK Bans - a perm teamban + 10080 minutes ban
Accidental MFK - 360/perm guardban

You have been summoned :D

You admitted to hacking, I don't care if it wasn't on our server, I can't support an admin who has a history of hacking.

1614101421876.png

Note, not sure if the others feel the same way, but it would have been better to admit to it in the appeal beforehand rather than us finding it out ourself.

To late now though.

Note, not sure if the others feel the same way, but it would have been better to admit to it in the appeal beforehand rather than us finding it out ourself.

To late now though.
If it was mentioned in the questions asked then I would've stated it. Other than that I didn't think it would be THAT much of an issue, but I understand if you two wouldn't want someone with a history of hacking to be admin. Even if it was 3-4 years ago where I didn't know what I was doing.

Reactions: Ian and bap!
With that said you mean we should have a section in the application where people confess about their past?
Other people might not see it as an issue, but personally I don’t like it, and that is why I don’t support the application.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Ian
With that said you mean we should have a section in the application where people confess about their past?
Other people might not see it as an issue, but personally I don’t like it, and that is why I don’t support the application.
Not saying it's needed, but you saying that "it would have been better to admit to it in the appeal beforehand rather than us finding it out ourself." kinda implies that I was supposed to know and add it to my application, but we'll see how it goes as time moves on.

You admitted to hacking, I don't care if it wasn't on our server, I can't support an admin who has a history of hacking.

Gonna make this clear and say it didn't happen at the time I was admin for another JB community. I got accepted on the 7th of August 2018 and the server shutdown at the beginning of November of the same year. I started to lost interest in games like tf2 and CSGO as the community was the only reason I kept playing. So I decided to download cheats and get myself VAC banned in CSGO, which was the stupidest thing I did in my entire life playing games.

Reactions: Ian, vinny and haze
Judging me by my past actions of cheating and thinking it will affect my mindset of being an admin is completely unfair. It seems pretty unreasonable to completely throw my application out the window as soon as it's noticed that I have been VAC banned for hacking and portray me as the same person I was 3 years ago. I've done so much for the server in terms of making reports helping admins and new players. I've built a pretty good reputation on the server, and for all of that to get thrown away in my application just because of something I did years ago. @PNN @Random Coffee Table

Are you gonna come here at talk to me like I am being unfair? How ironic of you.

let me remind you of the other applicants we have whomst never touched 3rd party clients at all. Now, I wonder, would it not be unfair to them if I did not mention this at all? Would it not be unfair to them that the clean players was judged the same way as a previous hacker? The unfair move was made by you, and only you. Asking me to judge you, the previous hacker, the same way as the other applicants makes me laugh.

I don’t care if people get’s pissed on me about this, I am defending the clean players on this, and I belive they appriciate that.

Are you gonna come here at talk to me like I am being unfair? How ironic of you.

let me remind you of the other applicants we have whomst never touched 3rd party clients at all. Now, I wonder, would it not be unfair to them if I did not mention this at all? Would it not be unfair to them that the clean players was judged the same way as a previous hacker? The unfair move was made by you, and only you. Asking me to judge you, the previous hacker, the same way as the other applicants makes me laugh.

I don’t care if people get’s pissed on me about this, I am defending the clean players on this, and I belive they appriciate that.
Bringing other applicants really doesn't change the difference that you rushed your opinion on me and you haven't even interacted with me. If you've been on JB then you would know how I act correct? I'm pretty much on every day. An unfair move sure, but I deeply regret the decision and I have moved on from it and left it in the past as it should stay there. Have you seen all my reports on trying to keep the server clean? Have you seen me interact with all of the JB regulars/admins and how I have befriended them? Sure I clown on them at times but it's all in good fun and no toxicity. There is the occasional drama but that gets resolved quickly. As for treating the others the same way I am being treated is not what I'm getting at. They have done nothing wrong nor may have done stuff in the past, so they shouldn't be treated the same as I am. I would rather have someone who has interacted with me and has played with me on the server to reply to my app rather than someone who I never talked to nor seen in Jailbreak. Surely if they have a reason to decline it's a much more valid one than just saying "oh this kid has cheated in 2018 so I'm gonna immediately -1 and not give a chance." I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. I most certainly feel regret for cheating in the past and all the trouble I caused in the past. We can't change the past and the only way is to move on.

Anyways, I hope we can get along and agree in the future, for now it seems like you don't have the maturity to reason and respond with me in an adult way. Thanks for the input nonetheless.

I find your reasoning for hacking strange, as from what I've been able to gather you were suspected of hacking by the CS admins before FoG went down and the short time frame between that and FoG going down didn't give time enough for suspicions to be confirmed until a couple weeks later when you got vac banned from CS:GO. I also don't understand why you would just decide to get yourself banned from a game for hacking instead of just letting it sit in your Library, only to make an alt account to buy the game again which also went dormant but didn't go out in a hacking blaze of glory. Personally, that just doesn't line up.

As for feedback from people who have played with you, from what I've seen when I've been on is a general lack of rule enforcement, even when I was under alias and not using sourcemod to enforce the rules with admin chat during the past few weeks that I've been paying closer attention after learning you wished to be an admin. To be fair, I did look at your chat logs and there is some rule enforcement there, but I can't see I've seen too much of it when I've been watching you. You never really cause any problems on the server and seem pretty chill most of the time.

However, your behavior on this app as well has been disappointing to say the least. After the initial responses, they devolved into a self congratulatory posts about how much you do for the server that reads like you feel like you deserve to be an admin because you report players and are on the friends list of most of us. You showed little class and tact when dealing with the criticism (of which you will face plenty as an admin) and turned into into a personal attack on a current admin and a previous full admin. Combine that with a past history of hacking, I do not think you're fit for the position of admin.

He is only responding in such a way, because you are bringing up information that may have been useful 2-3 years ago, but is irrelevant when critiquing him at this point in time. He may have cheated out of babyrage 3 years ago on csgo, but now I have high doubts of him being involved with cheating, even after the rebukes you two have provided. I see him as an active, friendly, legitimate player, and not as a cheater who should be punished for actions when he was 14 years old. The fact that he even became an administrator on fog at such a young age still impresses me. I find his actions to have redeemed the flaws of his past. Just as people like Bambi's, or Wasker's historys arent clean, Neither is his, and he is actively trying to fix that, He could have made a new account after the vac ban to forget the past, but by not doing so, he holds the ban as a testament to his experiences, and how he has changed as a player. This is probably not the place I should be posting this, as it is an admin application to be reviewed by admins, but I think the judgement applied to him has some justification, albeit very harsh, but the unwillingness to see the other argument just doesn't make sense to me.

( the doubts about cheating are involving cheating on FOG and here.) Sorry for being vague on arguement :|

I find your reasoning for hacking strange, as from what I've been able to gather you were suspected of hacking by the CS admins before FoG went down and the short time frame between that and FoG going down didn't give time enough for suspicions to be confirmed until a couple weeks later when you got vac banned from CS:GO. I also don't understand why you would just decide to get yourself banned from a game for hacking instead of just letting it sit in your Library, only to make an alt account to buy the game again which also went dormant but didn't go out in a hacking blaze of glory. Personally, that just doesn't line up.

As for feedback from people who have played with you, from what I've seen when I've been on is a general lack of rule enforcement, even when I was under alias and not using sourcemod to enforce the rules with admin chat during the past few weeks that I've been paying closer attention after learning you wished to be an admin. To be fair, I did look at your chat logs and there is some rule enforcement there, but I can't see I've seen too much of it when I've been watching you. You never really cause any problems on the server and seem pretty chill most of the time.

However, your behavior on this app as well has been disappointing to say the least. After the initial responses, they devolved into a self congratulatory posts about how much you do for the server that reads like you feel like you deserve to be an admin because you report players and are on the friends list of most of us. You showed little class and tact when dealing with the criticism (of which you will face plenty as an admin) and turned into into a personal attack on a current admin and a previous full admin. Combine that with a past history of hacking, I do not think you're fit for the position of admin.
I'll respond to each part as 1. 2. 3.

1. As confirmed with other FOG admins, I was questioned on whether I was hacking on FOG CSGO servers. I got myself VAC banned just out of just being bored, which is a weird thing to do as I could've just left it there to gather dust. I bought the game a year later because I had other IRL friends who wanted to play CSGO, so I bought a new account and started playing with them for a bit before stopping for a year. || Referring to another FOG regular, dino, about the discussion on me cheating and said "Discussions of you cheating did happen, but it was so minor that it was dropped within days" and said "fog people were discussing you hacking (which did happen, but not in the way rct is saying it did)" and after we talked more in DMs we came to a conclusion that some of your sources were wrong and you stand corrected on it. ||

2. I admit, I probably should've been enforcing rules more instead of just saying it once and then reporting if needed. I mostly play on Red team so I usually have to wait a minute if I want to enforce or say anything about the rules. If I did type it out it and they didn't see it, if I'm still alive during the round, I would say it on voice so they can clearly hear it a second time after the 1 minute mark has passed for Reds to be unmuted.

3. I responded accordingly to what PNN was stating but I did come off a bit rude in my later responses because of PNNs attitude towards it. As for criticism, I can take criticism perfectly fine, if someone is actually trying to help instead of bashing me. When I applied for FOG, at the age of 15, I fully expected to get criticism from the regulars and new players there and my mentor wasn't much around because he had a lot of IRL issues to attend to so I was mostly on my own referring to other admins for assistance. Also when it comes to having an ego: I do have that problem at times where I always think I am right but it never comes into the course of my mindset as an admin or applying for one because admins can be wrong at times too, everyone makes mistakes. Others, that have applied also stated how much they report and such to help out the server. As for the personal attack on a previous full admin, I would like to know who it was so I could get more of an understanding. I'm gonna assume the personal attack on a current admin was on PNN which I already stated that I did come off rude in my later responses because of PNNs replies stating that I don't deserve the amount of RESPECT as compared to others that applied. Which I can agree with, but completely thrashing my application instead of getting the same respect I gave PNN in the earlier responses just isn't right imo.

Alright looks like it's my time to shine now. I am very disappointed in RCT and Pnn right now. You guys always focus on the bad in people and never on the good. You guys -1'ing asper on the sole purpose he was a hacker is entirely unfair and unjust. While I agree we cant forgive hackers even if it wasn't on our servers, we shouldn't -1 just because he WAS a hacker. @PNN you are barely on the server to even give a vote. I don't even know why you were the first to respond when you have 3 connects in the span of 28 days on US JB and a -1% activity on US 2fort. You said you have met the applicant once or twice which in my opinion not enough time to base an opinion on him. Get on the servers you admin and actually see how asper acts on our servers. Then you will see how much of an influence he is on the community. While we shouldn't excuse the past asper has done the least you can do to seem mature and to write down some feedback instead of making yourself look like an idiot. It's crazy that you barely get on the server and you are so quick to assume asper is bad because of his past. Please get on the server when asper is on so you can see how he behaves and acts since you clearly have no clue how he acts besides this one interaction between you both. As for @Random Coffee Table
If you check out the reports asper makes you can clearly see he warns over voice more than he does in chat. Though the counterargument you brought up in discord was that whenever you were ingoc you didn't see him warn at all.
1614209508490.png
you are friends with the guy. Pretty stupid you would check on someone that you have added. It doesn't take long to realize "oh who is Theater of Dreams on my friendslist? oh, that's random coffee table" The guy knows an admin on at that point and you just blew your cover. If you want to check someone, go on an alt or better yet delete them. It isn't that hard after all. There would be no point in going ingoc to check on someone when they are on your friendslist. But whatever you do you.
However, your behavior on this app as well has been disappointing to say the least.
Nothing is disappointing about it. Asper is trying to defend himself since he has changed in the past 2 years since his vac ban. He admits to hacking on CS:GO but it's not confirmed that he was hacking on the servers he was admining for. People have called him out on it on the servers but there was nothing concrete. I've talked to @Bambi about this since he was senior admin on FOG while asper has been trainee admin. Bambi has talked to other admins to see if they have any concrete proof of it. But if nothing comes back we can only assume that he was only hacking on the random servers of csgo and that he wasn't hacking on servers he was admining for.
Anyways I can't just bash on my team so I'm going to have to talk about the contradictions you have made
but I understand if you two wouldn't want someone with a history of hacking to be admin. Even if it was 3-4 years ago where I didn't know what I was doing.
Judging me by my past actions of cheating and thinking it will affect my mindset of being an admin is completely unfair. It seems pretty unreasonable to completely throw my application out the window as soon as it's noticed that I have been VAC banned for hacking and portray me as the same person I was 3 years ago.
I agree with pnn and rct here. It doesn't matter how old ago the ban was, we can't simply ignore the fact you were hacking. Hacking no matter where and when is inexcusable. The VAC ban on your profile should be a warning to everyone that you hacked once. We don't know if you will hack again but /shrug.

Time for some REAL feedback.

I have played with asper both in tf2 and outside of tf2. He has been nothing but respectful on our servers and it really shows. Asper has done a lot of reports and has been constantly warning rulebreakers PRIOR to reporting. Report 1, Report 2, Report 3. All 3 of these reports are from times that admins aren't on. The guy has always been on to catch rulebreakers when admins are not on and I just can't look past that. It's something jailbreak needs and wants since most of the other applicants/admins are on at the same time. It's extremely difficult to catch those rulebreakers when it's at like 1-6 am. Asper warns in voice mostly which is a good thing since most people listen more than they read(though don't let it stop you from warning in chat). Asper has been nothing but a great influence on the server but you guys choose to ignore it.

Though I can not excuse you for hacking as I very much dislike hackers but I can't just -1 you because you were a hacker since you did a lot of good for the server. I'm going to remain NEUTRAL until this entire thing gets cleared up. I'd only like to clarify that my response will change to a -1 if you were caught hacking on the servers you admined for. Bambi and I are waiting for a response back from the FOG admins. Besides that Good luck with the application :nekoheart:

Alright looks like it's my time to shine now. I am very disappointed in RCT and Pnn right now. You guys always focus on the bad in people and never on the good. You guys -1'ing asper on the sole purpose he was a hacker is entirely unfair and unjust. While I agree we cant forgive hackers even if it wasn't on our servers, we shouldn't -1 just because he WAS a hacker. @PNN you are barely on the server to even give a vote. I don't even know why you were the first to respond when you have 3 connects in the span of 28 days on US JB and a -1% activity on US 2fort. You said you have met the applicant once or twice which in my opinion not enough time to base an opinion on him. Get on the servers you admin and actually see how asper acts on our servers. Then you will see how much of an influence he is on the community. While we shouldn't excuse the past asper has done the least you can do to seem mature and to write down some feedback instead of making yourself look like an idiot. It's crazy that you barely get on the server and you are so quick to assume asper is bad because of his past. Please get on the server when asper is on so you can see how he behaves and acts since you clearly have no clue how he acts besides this one interaction between you both. As for @Random Coffee Table

If you check out the reports asper makes you can clearly see he warns over voice more than he does in chat. Though the counterargument you brought up in discord was that whenever you were ingoc you didn't see him warn at all. View attachment 15600 you are friends with the guy. Pretty stupid you would check on someone that you have added. It doesn't take long to realize "oh who is Theater of Dreams on my friendslist? oh, that's random coffee table" The guy knows an admin on at that point and you just blew your cover. If you want to check someone, go on an alt or better yet delete them. It isn't that hard after all. There would be no point in going ingoc to check on someone when they are on your friendslist. But whatever you do you.

Nothing is disappointing about it. Asper is trying to defend himself since he has changed in the past 2 years since his vac ban. He admits to hacking on CS:GO but it's not confirmed that he was hacking on the servers he was admining for. People have called him out on it on the servers but there was nothing concrete. I've talked to @Bambi about this since he was senior admin on FOG while asper has been trainee admin. Bambi has talked to other admins to see if they have any concrete proof of it. But if nothing comes back we can only assume that he was only hacking on the random servers of csgo and that he wasn't hacking on servers he was admining for.
Anyways I can't just bash on my team so I'm going to have to talk about the contradictions you have made

I agree with pnn and rct here. It doesn't matter how old ago the ban was, we can't simply ignore the fact you were hacking. Hacking no matter where and when is inexcusable. The VAC ban on your profile should be a warning to everyone that you hacked once. We don't know if you will hack again but /shrug.

Time for some REAL feedback.

I have played with asper both in tf2 and outside of tf2. He has been nothing but respectful on our servers and it really shows. Asper has done a lot of reports and has been constantly warning rulebreakers PRIOR to reporting. Report 1, Report 2, Report 3. All 3 of these reports are from times that admins aren't on. The guy has always been on to catch rulebreakers when admins are not on and I just can't look past that. It's something jailbreak needs and wants since most of the other applicants/admins are on at the same time. It's extremely difficult to catch those rulebreakers when it's at like 1-6 am. Asper warns in voice mostly which is a good thing since most people listen more than they read(though don't let it stop you from warning in chat). Asper has been nothing but a great influence on the server but you guys choose to ignore it.

Though I can not excuse you for hacking as I very much dislike hackers but I can't just -1 you because you were a hacker since you did a lot of good for the server. I'm going to remain NEUTRAL until this entire thing gets cleared up. I'd only like to clarify that my response will change to a -1 if you were caught hacking on the servers you admined for. Bambi and I are waiting for a response back from the FOG admins. Besides that Good luck with the application :nekoheart:
Thanks Gold for providing everything that needed to be provided, whether it was for or against me. I understand completely that you can't ignore my history of cheating in the past even if it wasn't on your servers. As for warning, I'll start to warn more in chat and when reds get unmuted I'll warn a second time as to make it more clear. I understand fully why you would go neutral for this for the amount that I have done and for my history of cheating conflicting each other. Thanks for the feedback!

I personally don't take the VAC ban as seriously as the others are, sure it ain't pretty but after an ex FOG admin cleared up that you didn't cheat on FOG (EDIT: ok so I misread what he said there is just no proof you cheated) I'm not going to let it slide but I won't be basing my entire vote around it.

The app itself its fine enough, although I personally think a perm guardban is harsh for an accidental mass freekill.

You play at times that we lack active admins at (proven by all the reports you make) which is something I would love to have.

I'd recommend you get rid of your "funny" anti-blue crit binds, I know you dislike them and I'm not trying to silence your opinion but it's preferred if you don't have binds like that.

Now onto my main concern is how much you have been wanting to get admin, ever since you dmmed me back in November about it. Then when you got teambanned in December you quickly lost all interest in the server. Now I know this may just be a coincidence and maybe by some off chance I am over-analyzing this but this just seems too well timed y'know? Now obviously you came recently and were once again set on applying which does kinda come off as you being power-hungry to me at least. So I wonder if you are declined here will you jump ship like two other previous applicants or will you stick to the server and possibly try again?

I'll make a final decision regarding my vote after your response to this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread