Accepted USJB Application #1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't take the VAC ban as seriously as the others are, sure it ain't pretty but after an ex FOG admin cleared up that you didn't cheat on FOG I'm not going to let it slide but I won't be basing my entire vote around it.

The app itself its fine enough, although I personally think a perm guardban is harsh for an accidental mass freekill.

You play at times that we lack active admins at (proven by all the reports you make) which is something I would love to have.

I'd recommend you get rid of your "funny" anti-blue crit binds, I know you dislike them and I'm not trying to silence your opinion but it's preferred if you don't have binds like that.

Now onto my main concern is how much you have been wanting to get admin, ever since you dmmed me back in November about it. Then when you got teambanned in December you quickly lost all interest in the server. Now I know this may just be a coincidence and maybe by some off chance I am over-analyzing this but this just seems too well timed y'know? Now obviously you came recently and were once again set on applying which does kinda come off as you being power-hungry to me at least. So I wonder if you are declined here will you jump ship like two other previous applicants or will you stick to the server and possibly try again?

I'll make a final decision regarding my vote after your response to this.
Thanks for responding!

For the accidental MFK perm, I wouldn't mind changing it to a more reasonable sentence. (Maybe 360/720/perm)

I did do the anti-blue crit binds as a joke but since it interferes, I'll gladly remove the bind.

As for the teamban, it wasn't the reason I took a break for a couple months. I was losing a bit of interest due to some drama happening with a couple of friends and was planning to take a break from jb and the discord server mostly for that reason (I also found a new game to play so that was another reason for the break). After taking a break, I have found love into JB again and made some new friends in the process and mostly play with them now rather than with the ones before. As for my app being declined, I wouldn't leave the server nor take a break because of the decline. I would still play on the server with friends and still give out reports regularly and at late night/early mornings and most likely try again when I get the chance.

Hey Asper! (Or shall I say Kai ;))

I have played with you on F-o-G (I too was an admin on there). Perhaps you remember me?

First off, I would like to note that I haven't played on Jailbreak for the longest time now. So I usually don't interfere in applications. Yet after watching your application and seeing it stoking up some controversy, I decided to ask some Jailbreak admins if it would be alright for me to voice my opinion on your application. I would also love to see the posts you got on your application back in F-o-G. when you got accepted so we can see how much you've changed (Those are currently only visible for the person who posted them. You don't have to post it but it would be nice). Keep in mind that I haven't played with Asper for 2 years now and that some context in this post will be a prejudgement.

Lets get the cheating bit out of the way. I totally get why someone like you would cheat. Your favourite community got shutdown and you were only 15. Gaming might have not be of interest to you anymore. So you go all out and install cheats. I think, just like Semi, Ian and Gold, that we shouldn't base our entire vote around it. But it does say something about you at the time (about how you had no respect for the players around you). Also, you didn't cheat 3-4 years ago, but 2 years and 4 months (I know it's a bit nitpicky but I have to point that out).

Now for the good parts:
You've shown to be an active (based on your statistics) and friendly (based on the regulars I talked too) community member. You're also online at times were other admins aren't. Just what this community needs! You have also had previous experience, even though it may not have been that long. Furthermore, I think your responses on this application so far have been quite good. It shows how you matured from when you were in F-o-G.

Some parts I'm skeptical about:
As for the teamban, it wasn't the reason I took a break for a couple months. I was losing a bit of interest due to some drama happening with a couple of friends and was planning to take a break from jb and the discord server mostly for that reason (I also found a new game to play so that was another reason for the break).
I believe you when you say that you took a break due to some drama happening. However, I also firmly believe that you getting teambanned had at least some impact on you leaving as well. Why didn't you leave before that? Why just after? So again, i'm not saying the main reason about you leaving is the teamban, but I do believe that was at least one of 'em. This does indeed make you SEEM (more on that later in the conclusion) a bit power hungry, especially since you recently came back.
Also when it comes to having an ego: I do have that problem at times where I always think I am right but it never comes into the course of my mindset as an admin or applying for one because admins can be wrong at times too, everyone makes mistakes.
I hope what you're saying here is true, because I do recall a group of regulars in F-o-G that weren't always satisfied with your reasoning behind certain actions. This was due to you being stubborn and at times not keeping an eye on chat. Again, this was 2 years ago. I asked some admins what they thought of you now and they responded fairly positive. You seem to settle in the JB community pretty well.

In conclusion:
In my opinion you'll have to prove yourself to the community that you are the right person to administrate Jailbreak. If you say you won't leave the community after getting declined, then prove it! I believe you can be an admin again in the future, and you'll do great, but perhaps now is not the right time. In the end it is not up to me to decide if you gat accepted. I do hope this post will be taken into consideration.

Good luck on your application! Feel free to respond to this post.

Heya Snake! It's been a while!

I believe you when you say that you took a break due to some drama happening. However, I also firmly believe that you getting teambanned had at least some impact on you leaving as well. Why didn't you leave before that? Why just after? So again, i'm not saying the main reason about you leaving is the teamban, but I do believe that was at least one of 'em. This does indeed make you SEEM (more on that later in the conclusion) a bit power hungry, especially since you recently came back.
The teamban did have an impact on my break from jailbreak, but wasn't really a concern since it was only for 2 hours. I think the drama happened after the team ban as well so I felt like I just needed a break after that to collect myself, play some new games and figure out what I need to do before I came back.
Also, you didn't cheat 3-4 years ago, but 2 years and 4 months (I know it's a bit nitpicky but I have to point that out).
I fully understand the nit pick, I just put up an estimate since it happened around 2018 so I just said 3 years ago.

I hope what you're saying here is true, because I do recall a group of regulars in F-o-G that weren't always satisfied with your reasoning behind certain actions. This was due to you being stubborn and at times not keeping an eye on chat.
I don't remember much of this, but I'm sure it did happen where I would teamban or, something along that, with a excuse or something. There were a couple of regulars there that didn't feel fond of me because I was stubborn and didn't listen to them for banning one of their friends.

I'll gladly show the responses to my application right here:
1615087839223.png
1615087879804.png
1615087886106.png
1615087946138.png
1615088001860.png
1615088027706.png

If these spoilers don't come out right I'll quickly edit to fix them if needed.

First of all, I want to get my opinion of the VAC ban out of the way. I personally (like semi) don’t take the VAC ban as seriously as the others, it was 2+ years ago and I know how much people can change (especially at that age) over that time. I got to know you months ago when you first joined the server and I can see even now that your drive to keep JB orderly is still intact and you continue to warn others. I feel the majority of your responses on this app have felt mature given the circumstances. I think you would be a great addition to the Jb team so I’m going with a +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread