Declined US Jailbreak Adminapp (attempt #3) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzel Crocker

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Username:
Denzel Crocker

Steam32 ID:
STEAM_0:0:92489102

Your age:
21 (turning 22 in June)

Current playtime on relevant server(s):
259 hours (10 days, 19 hours)

Link to your Sourcebans record:

BANS: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:92489102&advType=steamid
COMM: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:92489102&advType=steamid

No bans for either.

Server to are applying for:
I am applying for US Jailbreak.

General online times & time zone:

I live in Pacific timezone (British Columbia, Canada). My regular online times are from
3 or 4 PM to 10 or 11 PM PST, given that I work quite a bit the time I am on varies. I work a mix of morning shifts (right now, 10 AM to 6 PM is my average morning shift) and evening shifts (1 PM to 9 PM). However, I will still make every effort to join on, and I am not at all against coming on in mornings (provided I am available) if need be.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I do have a working microphone.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:

I was previously a moderator, later admin, for another Jailbreak server: War3Evo. I first started playing on that server in late December 2016 (I was only 16 years old and still in school). After my first modapp there was denied in late January 2017, I improved what needed to be improved, and after posting my second modapp in March 2017, I was accepted, and thus became a mod on March 16, 2017, bringing to me my very first experience as a moderator of not just Jailbreak, not just Team Fortress 2, but of anything that requires a moderator.

My time as a moderator and later admin of War3Evo Jailbreak was definitely a wild ride. I meet a lot of nice people and co-mods/admins over my time there who I still definitely miss and helped influence me, some...a little less nice, but I was able to handle them. However, about six months into my gig, in September 2017, I was struggling with impulse control which forced me to step down for a few months, before I was finally able to get it under control enough in early February 2018 to return as admin. Although I have greatly (read: GREATLY) improved my impulse control and can now come up with strategies to easily combat it, I still have personal feelings about my poor impulse control at the time, but anyone who wants to know exactly what happened in more detail can DM me.

After February 2018, aside from a couple minor rocky moments, things went smoothly. Unfortunately, in late 2019/early 2020, the player count went down and ultimately the server is now no longer up, but I still cherish the time I was an admin there and the friends I made there.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?:

So, to start this off: let me say that one of the most notable criticisms that stood out from my previous app was that my adminapp was very barebones and lacked "meat". Lemme tell you guys right now, with this new adminapp -- having waited a month after the last one was denied to be able to improve this -- I am making every effort to put a LOT more effort into telling you why I think I am a suitable candidate, and to get to know me and my reasoning. Looking through other approved adminapps, particularly those of Cridove and Human, have allowed me to construct why I am a suitable candidate in greater detail and depth.

First, let's see how we got here:

I first started playing on this server almost a year ago -- I can't EXACTLY remember the month, but I remember Underjail being in the map rotation, which was removed from there late-ish summer of 2021, so I've been playing regularly on the server since the summer of the year (I probably started as a new player earlier though). Back then, I made my first application around the beginning of October, which now that I have more experience on this server I know was way too soon -- I obviously jumped the gun and tried to apply without giving myself more time. It was declined in mid-November and I was told I could apply again in a month. I thought to myself that I should wait a while longer before giving it another shot, and that I did.

Five months pass, and come the very beginning of April, I felt more confident in applying again, feeling I was more ready. However, US Jailbreak wasn't on the list of servers looking for applications, so I asked Semicolon Backlash if I could apply, knowing that I had to ask an admin for permission first if I wanted to apply at that time. A few days after I sent him a message, he said some admins were interested in seeing me apply, and said if he didn't hear from any other admins by April 3, he would give me the OK. Come April 3, and that's what would happen. Unfortunately, I made a big mistake that I only realized after the admins gave me feedback on it; my adminapp was barebones, in fact it was almost a copy-and-paste of my previous one with only minor modifications. That REALLY didn't help make me look like a suitable candidate, even thought it was probably the least impactful in their decision considering their other criticisms.

Even though I didn't get accepted, it provided the admins to give me the feedback I needed. My main criticisms were to make my reports and warnings better, and to be more involved in the game. Hearing those criticisms made me realize that what was holding me back was my force-of-habit to play it safe; I am very conscious about how people perceive me and was afraid of being a nuisance to people rather than someone who is helpful, someone who is constantly looking over the players' shoulders. However, as I have learned, and if there's anything I've learned from my previous admin experience as well -- being an admin requires taking risks. It requires coming out of your shell, exiting your comfort zone, and doing what you know is right, even if not everyone is going to like that. I took the month in-between my last adminapp and this one to step up to the plate and come out of my comfort zone to prove to you all that I am suitable for this role.

Now as to WHY I think I'm a suitable candidate:

There have been multiple instances where people are breaking rules or just being plain toxic or rude in chat, where I WISH I had the power to give a solution to the problem, but am unable to and am forced to watch as my only option is to either /calladmin, or grab out a recorder and record the incident to report to the forums. When it comes to playing Jailbreak, I want nothing more than for everyone to play in peace and be able to respect each other. That's not to say I don't like playful jabs, I definitely think they form a lot of the fun of Jailbreak, but many times I've seen "playful jabs" turn into straight-up bullying. A great example of this would be concerning YanViktor; while he many have broken some rules, the amount of stuff he gets thrown at him simply for being a young child makes me feel really bad for him, and I want to encourage an environment where everyone can be respectful to one other and curb toxicity. I want everyone who plays Jailbreak to be treated fairly and have an opportunity to have their voices heard.

Other times, the rule-breaking may be gameplay-related. I have seen way too many illegally enforced freedays, opening of cells early enough to warrant a freeday, illegal cell wars/FF, armoury camping, round stalling (by being inactive), favoritism, and inactive LGKA-ing to count that it just makes me wish I had the power to do something, but I know I am unable to. Being an admin would make feel like I can maintain control when need be to make sure everything runs smoothly.

And to me, helping others play the game -- helping new players adjust to the rules and be able to play properly -- is something that just makes me feel good, like I've accomplished something. Being an admin for a previous Jailbreak server, and working in retail have definitely helped me immensely in improving my ability to be helpful to other players. Being helpful makes me feel good as a human being, and allows me to feel like I'm really important in life. Being an admin is something I know comes with responsibility, but I with all the experience I have had and more, I feel mature, strong, and ready enough to handle those responsibilities.

NOTE: Knowing that I will have an admin to help me during my trial period, should I get accepted, is something I will greatly appreciate -- having a helping hand will help me in times where I find myself not fully catching rule-breaking in the act.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments:

My punishments and warnings will depend on what offense is committed, and the severity of the offenses. It's definitely a list indeed to list my policies, but I will list them the best I can:

COMM PUNISHMENTS - Racism/Slurs/Insults/Advertising/Overall toxic behaviour:
-
A clear warning for first offense
- 360 mins (6 hours) for second offense
- 720 mins (12 hours) for third offense
- 1,440 mins (1 day) for fourth offense
- 10,080 mins (1 week) for fifth offense
- 43,200 mins (1 month) for sixth offense
- Permanent for seventh offense

GUARDBAN PUNISHMENTS:
- Freekilling/Favoritism/Inactivity/Illegal FF/Illegal Freedays/Armory Camping/Round Stalling

--- A clear warning for the first offense, then slay if it persists.
--- 360 mins (6 hours) for second offense
--- 720 mins (12 hours) for third offense
--- 1,440 mins (1 day) for fourth offense
--- 10,080 mins (1 week) for fifth offense
--- 43,200 mins (1 month) for sixth offense
--- Permanent for seventh offense
- Mass Freekilling (MFK):
---
1,440 mins (1 day) for first offense
--- 10,080 mins (2 weeks) for second offense
--- 43,200 mins (1 month) for third offense
--- Permanent for fourth offense

EXPLOITING:
-
Slay, and a clear warning for first offense
- 360 mins (6 hours) for second offense
- 720 mins (12 hours) for third offense
- 1,440 mins (1 day) for fourth offense
- 10,080 mins (1 week) for fifth offense
- 43,200 mins (1 month) for sixth offense
- Permanent for seventh offense

HACKING:
-
Permanent as soon as I catch it, no exceptions

ADMIN IMPERSONATION:
-
Clear warning, then name change if the rulebreaker doesn't comply.

INAPPROPRIATE SPRAYS:
- A clear warning to change it, and if that doesn't happen, then an indefinite sprayban until the player has changed it.

Other useful information:
- HLSTATS
: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=576180
- CHAT HISTORY: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=576180
- SESSIONS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playersessions&player=576180
- ACTIONS/EVENTS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerhistory&player=576180

Admins:
- @Semicolon Backslash
- @Bambi
- @Ian
- @TRGGB2
- @Zee
- @iamhuman
- @Cridove

Last edited by a moderator:
I expected you to wait a bit longer. I have been busy with exams, so I haven't seen you the most, but I have enough to make a verdict. We have a lot of admins at the moment, which makes it hard, especially if times you plan to cover are already covered. Although the team needs certain coverage, you do not offer that. I don't see a problem with your presence on the server, you do a great job with all that stuff, the main gripe, is that the team is extremely overstacked on times you can cover. Don't take my comment and try to fit into a timezone that will make it more difficult to play. I'm just saying at this point you don't stand out as useful enough to warrant you covering an already covered timezone. My recommendation is to wait for resignations, or try to become the most helpful person, to the point that when you apply we cant -1 your application without shooting ourselves in the foot.
I am going to have to provide you with a -1.
PS: most server bans can be the same stacking except cheating. Most ban stacking should be as simple as possible since most people are not punished for the same thing repetitively.

You've really improved since the last application, you've even gone out of the your way to socialize more with the regulars which is pretty nice, And must've been hard to get out of that comfort zone.

I have a slight issue with the stacking/time for your punishments but that should be fixed with your time with your mentor should you get accepted.

I'll keep this simple, I have nothing to say since in my opinion you've done nothing but improve with the things I've told you about, Take my +1.

Cheers

I’ve had some reconsiderations. After popping on under alias a couple days I did further investigation. Pacific is a valuable timezone. We currently have no admins for that time period. I am eastern myself and rarely come across you. Although we have coverage for the times mentioned, I think it’d be beneficial to have another person on at night, when we get the most calls. I’m just concerned the team is close to full. The times I do come across you you are fine, albeit quiet and you know your stuff. I’m just going to go with the majority vote by other admins, and if I am to pick I’d say I’d be willing to +1 this application.
I do approach this +1 with hesitation.

Reactions: Denzel Crocker
Hey Denzel, I'm back from Camp so sorry if I didn't write my feedback before camp.

FEEDBACK [Stance : +1]:

Overall, I've seen you improved. You definitely took our feedback considerably. I won't repeat what the other admins and all of my positives what I've said from your previous app applies here. I'll be happy to take you as my mentee when you get accepted as trial admin.

Take my vote as a sign that you improved a lot and I'm honestly very proud. You've really become the improved Denzel Crocker.

I don't have too much to add here. I've known you since war3evo, and of course you took all of our feedback well from the previous application.

+1

Good luck

I appreciate the effort you've put in. I'll give a +1 as I don't have much else to add.

Reactions: Denzel Crocker
With Bambi inactive and Onyx accepted on the same day this was posted this is all the required feedback so it is ready for under review. I wasn't expecting feedback from Zee and Semicolon backslash as they where also listed as inactive, but glad that they've found the time to give a response.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread