Accepted Ungag (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

:thinking:

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=:thinking:&Submit=Search
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:54138413
Name of your gagged Steam Account: :thinking.: (wrote so because simply :thinking:- the smile) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068542554
Date and Time of the Gag: 05.08.2018 5:00-6:00 PM
Reason about the Gag: spam in chat
Admin that gagged you: Racer911-1
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
I just played on trade server as all wrote my announcement of the sale 2 times in a row and Racer gagged me on 3 days. I dont know why 3 days why not 2 or 4 hours :/

• Friendly
Reactions: Monster
why make one appeal when you can make two, amirite?

Reactions: EvoWarrior5
So from what I can tell. You were fairly spammy with your trades and it wasn’t twice it seems fairly common that you sent multiple chat messages in a very short space of time. However I disagree jumping from 1 four our gag to the next being 3 days.

Where you not given a warning?

Game chat

Magglet i wrote max 2 times in a row and with a large gap between messages

Can you check the link there is clear evidence there.

Magglet 1 question what should be the interval between messages?? to not get gag later

I try to go every 15-20 seconds if the chat is busy. Less players means less posts needed.

Are we really start gagging people for posting 2 messages in the span of 1-2 seconds? It's not exactly flooding the chat tbh.
Also it would be better if you took this conversation into DM's so that the thread doesn't have useless comments like mine.

• Agree
Reactions: PNN
oh look someone finally applied :kappapride:

Well i cant tell much but all i can say is that im sure (if i remember correctly) that i gave a warning when you posted the same message twice in a signle chat but after that i still saw some spam. I was checking your sourcebans and maybe accidently checked from a wrong player thinking you had 2 gags already but i actually meant to give you a gag of a day. i dont really want to accept to mark the gag as invalid but i also dont want to stay it with 3 days. But if possible the gag can be shortened to one day.

Actually racer that’s not possible. During the session you gagged him the user sent only 4 messages. The first 2 messages being 1:18 apart and then the following messages you consider spam where 30 seconds later.

There is no way you could have warned him as he only technically violated the rules once.

https://gameme.panda-community.com/...3/chat?b=https://gameme.panda-community.com/m

However, even though it was incredibly iresposible for you to give a 3 day gag to someone who only violated the rules once in your connected sessions he has a very “spammy chatlog”. Although really the gag should be invalid for the reason racer gave, the amount of spam shouldn’t go unpunished.

Reactions: Inkticious
However, even though it was incredibly iresposible for you to give a 3 day gag to someone who only violated the rules once in your connected sessions
I don't see how 3 days is irresponsible as a 3rd punishment.
Although really the gag should be invalid for the reason racer gave, the amount of spam shouldn’t go unpunished.
He doubleposts his advert roughly once a minute, I don't think that's spam on a trading server. But that decision is up to @Racer911-1 and maybe @Da Random.

• Dislike
Reactions: Matth
actually burn my entire post up there. i have other things to say now. when i went into more detail i just realized that the SteamID and Link to sourcebans were an accidental mistake @:thinking: As @Zeprus said This link is the correct one and this is your steamID STEAM_0:0:54138413. Also i think i was a bit too harsh on that one but @Magglet you werent even there at the time so you couldnt know what happened. I know that i did give a warning not to spam in chat but since @:thinking: did it anyways i decided to gag him. He probably maybe didnt even see that warning.
I also want to mention that i count everything as a spam when it get repeated atleast twice in a short amount of time. Once again i think that i was quite harsh and didnt give him a good chance. I will ACCEPT the application for now.

Now why would you Racer and Magglet disagree here? Take disagreements in private, as you both are on the same admin team. To me, this looks very unprofessional.

I also agree with Zeprus. IMO doubleposting is not spam on a trading-server. I am and never was admin on #25, but it's really strange to hear that you cunt doubleposting on that server as spam.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Jim and Inkticious
Racer911-1 I thought you gave a warning to the man who spammed some song into the voice chat at that moment.
And i can wait another 2 days, certainly frustrating when you can't respond to people in chat but it's not too critical )

My only real input I can give here is that:

1. Even though it's double posting, it's not enough on its own to be regarded as a rule break.
  2. The messages are posted about every 60 seconds, which also would be extreme to punish for.

As for @Racer911-1, I think it's a simple mistake. I'm not denying that seeing a double posted message in chat could be seen as spam, but then again, you're on a trade server advertising what you're trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread