Not open for further replies.

Weeb / Leo

SourceBans Ban URL: Panda Community SourceBans
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Holly Jolly Weeb
Steam ID: 76561198354417032
Date and Time of the Gag: 11/23/18 9-10
Reason about the Gag: Chap spamming?
Admin that Banned you: Justin
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I believe that I wasn't spamming. My messages did have breaks between them and they did make sense and had meaning behind them. I don't think that this was what I would call spam, I define spam as Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages, and the dictionary.com defination of spam is "disruptive online messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as email [often used attributively]") and I felt as if maybe it was misinterpreted as so. The final messages I did said was "AHahAhaHaAH" , "HaaHAahAHHA" and i said it as a joke i meant to follow it up with "I have become the evil Mad Random criter" (I had random crit multiple medics during cell wars)
Thank you for your time

• Agree
Reactions: Addster
This user was only given a 12 hour gag for advertising cheats? :thinking:

• Agree
Reactions: PNN
d) Chat spamming
Flooding the chat with the same message or with useless, unintelligible content that disrupt communication or are deemed otherwise irritating is forbidden. Additionally, refrain from typing in caps.

While not as big as usual chat spams go, first off you posted this not even a week after I gagged you, which is the 5th punishment length for me. Secondly, I know that I did give a warning before you did it. I understand that you feel like this was not chat spam however according to the description of it, it is definitely the same message of “hahahahhah”.

However, since you haven’t been breaking rules in a short period of time, I do not mind this being shortened to an appropriate temporary time, perhaps a week, maybe two. The stacking of your punishments seems a little off at the very end, but I do see a week already given. Nonetheless, @Madact if you feel like it is appropriate, I don’t mind this being about 1 to 2 weeks instead of permanent.

Just remember that if and when your gag expires, Not to go back to these habits.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Imulion
The punishments had been stacked properly until Luigi's 5th punishment. The gag is valid as you did technically spam and just to roll back to a week like on the 4th punishment is only going backwards on ourselves.
Magglet also points out something interesting. For me advertising cheats in permanent gag not permanent ban. That's a discussion when an appeal floats through about it, I'm not gonna fight over it now. Anyways I'm sidetracking!

Since you've missed your 1 month punishment and this is a valid permanent gag, suggesting a 3 months gag with the understanding that it is going to be treated as a second chance permanent gag punishment and appealing in the future will be an instant reject (if you break communication rules again).

Best we can do given the circumstances and I don't see this being discussed further to reduce the time down.
Thank you for the appeal ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread