Answered Unclear Jailbreak Rule (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yilli_

Howdy,

Under Jailbreak Rules version 05/01/2023, I have noticed an unclear rule, that being;

Avoid giving class specific orders or specific players/friends orders as Warden.​

The confusion comes from one word. Avoid. Avoid doesn't necessarily mean you are absolutely restricted from doing it, as such, other players on the server have used the wording to justify the warden giving commands such as "Medic no healing", "Spys have sappers out", and "Scouts no projectiles".

What is the intention of this rule? Based on that, how can it be better worded to convey that intention, because as of now, I have no fucking idea what it's supposed to mean.

Thanks for reading :)

Reactions: Uzbekistan
imo what the rule intends to mean is it's not allowed to, ie, segregate people based on their class. If you plan to send people into a game, all non-rebellers should be in the same game together so they have an equal chance of being an LR recipient. You can't just say "if you're an engineer go to obby, the rest of you go to fall game" or "everyone go into 9 square except for medics, medics you can just hang out outside." This includes the latter part where you're not allowed to just let your friend do whatever they want while everyone else has to go play games. It's specifically describing favoritism, which should be avoided (not done) at all costs.

It's a little different than restricting specific things that classes can do that's built into their kit. The orders that you listed ("Medic no healing", "Spys have sappers out", and "Scouts no projectiles") can be restricted because in the end restricting them doesn't actually majorly effect their odds at making it through most games and puts them on a playing field equal to that of ie a pyro (excluding movespeed differences.)

I'm pretty bad at words so I am open to clarifying this further if you'd like, or someone else can chime in and help me out.

• Informative
Reactions: Uzbekistan
Answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread