Completed TFDB servers got ruined by new RTD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomaxx

Hey, the new rtd on dodgeball servers like hell, you can kill your teammates with necrosmasher, toxic is very annoying because it is very long. The forced taunt, frozen rtds for 25 sec are too long, fire breath is straight terrible... Please give us back the old rtd or remove all of them... I'm playing dodgeball for quite long, it was never worse before :(

• Agree
Reactions: Nitro4D
Hey, the new rtd on dodgeball servers like hell, you can kill your teammates with necrosmasher, toxic is very annoying because it is very long. The forced taunt, frozen rtds for 25 sec are too long, fire breath is straight terrible... Please give us back the old rtd or remove all of them... I'm playing dodgeball for quite long, it was never worse before :(
@Kevin
The new rtd is apparently troubling the db servers. Is there a way making the old system and the new one coexist in different gamemodes? (On ff2 and such, the new system, on db and co. the old thing)

Reactions: Zomaxx and Nitro4D
I think I can agree with that, everyone getting fire breath and other rolls at the beginning of the round can be quite annoying, it's more who's the more lucky one to get a good roll. Also talking about rtd, is there a way some rolls can be turned off, since they won't be useful in dodgeball anyway?

I think I can agree with that, everyone getting fire breath and other rolls at the beginning of the round can be quite annoying, it's more who's the more lucky one to get a good roll. Also talking about rtd, is there a way some rolls can be turned off, since they won't be useful in dodgeball anyway?
I think the fun ones could remain, like the no gravity, dispenser, maybe even lucky sandvich... I just hate those ones what you can kill with, like toxic, sentry...

Perhaps it's better when max 1-2 people can use rtd at a time, since that won't be too annoying imo.
I just hate those ones what you can kill with, like toxic, sentry...
Sentries and toxic spice up the gameplay though, also toxic's duration is usually not long enough to get to kill someone, unless you're already close to someone. But on the other hand, I think that fire breath is way too powerful and the duration on that roll is also way too much, enough to walk around and kill people basically.

@Kevin
sm_rtd2_mode 1
sm_rtd2_playerlimit 1

Yes, rolls can be turned off. I don't know what rolls are there, but some of them should probably be removed.

Last edited:
Thought I'd make a list of rolls that aren't useful in dodgeball servers;
- Crits Rockets already do enough damage to kill
- Infinite Ammo Already have infinite ammo
-
Scary Bullets Rockets already do enough damage to kill, no use
~
Spontaneous Combustion Not sure about this one, but all it does is damage the pyro for little, could be enough to kill someone however
-
Stripped to Melee Might aswell just kill the person, it can only lead to the person orbiting for too long, which is against the rules, or someone stealing the rocket from the person
-
Beacon Don't see a use for it, everyone can see eachother fine
-
Instant Kills Rockets already do enough damage to kill
I'd like to make a list of rolls that should be changed, duration wise, but I don't have a list of the new rolls, so I'll keep it to this.

Thought I'd make a list of rolls that aren't useful in dodgeball servers;
- Crits Rockets already do enough damage to kill
- Infinite Ammo Already have infinite ammo
-
Scary Bullets Rockets already do enough damage to kill, no use
~
Spontaneous Combustion Not sure about this one, but all it does is damage the pyro for little, could be enough to kill someone however
-
Stripped to Melee Might aswell just kill the person, it can only lead to the person orbiting for too long, which is against the rules, or someone stealing the rocket from the person
-
Beacon Don't see a use for it, everyone can see eachother fine
-
Instant Kills Rockets already do enough damage to kill
I'd like to make a list of rolls that should be changed, duration wise, but I don't have a list of the new rolls, so I'll keep it to this.
Perfect, spontaneous combustion doesn't do any damage at all, it just does a fire effect, that's all :D

Since the most recent update, I'm not really sure which rolls are already active and which not in dodgeball, so there might be some rolls missing in my lists.

List of rolls that should be changed duration-wise
; (be aware I might not be 100% accurate, as I don't know the durations of the rolls precisely)
- Snail Duration seems to be way too long now after the update
- Freeze Duration seems to be way too long now after the update; enough time for people to switch to you basically a gauranteed death
-
Forced Taunt Duration seems to be way too long now after the update; enough time for people to switch to you basically a gauranteed death
-
Fire Breath Duration seems to be way too long now after the update; the person can just run around and kill everyone, definitely needs a nerf

*Notes: The following rolls should be added to the list of rolls that should be removed from the dodgeball servers see previous post^
1. Instant Kills is now named Powerful Hits, which is in my list of rolls that should be removed
2. Extra Ammo since extra ammo is not needed in dodgeball
3. Fast Hands since we can't use any other weapon than our primary weapon anyway, no use
4. Outline don't really see a use for it, since we can see eachother fine anyway
5. Team Criticals as said in my previous post, no need for crits

Spontaneous combustion doesn't do any damage at all, it just does a fire effect
Okay, that should be removed too, then.

Sorry for the mess btw also thanks @klay for the link to all the rolls added after the update

I personally wouldn't mind keeping some of the harmless rolls. Although their effect on gameplay is almost zero, they are visible and it is something people can joke about. Having these rolls also somewhat reduces the chances of having a streak of chaotic rolls (like 3 sentries in a row, or the new damaging ones). I'd keep the following ones:
  • Scary bullets
  • Spontanious combustion (to clarify, this only sets the player on fire, but since pyro is immune, they take no damage)
  • Stripped to melee (people actually like this, the next version of steal detection will ignore stealing from players who are unable to airblast)
  • Beacon
  • Outline
I agree with the other changes. I can live without the rolls above, but I'd like to keep them.

Stripped to melee (people actually like this, the next version of steal detection will ignore stealing from players who are unable to airblast)
So there's a new version of the stealing detection system available?

Also
like toxic, sentry...
I don't see the main reason for the hate on rtds that could save a bad match. Just a nerf on the duration and it would be fine for everyone, i guess :kappa:?

I personally wouldn't mind keeping some of the harmless rolls. Although their effect on gameplay is almost zero, they are visible and it is something people can joke about. Having these rolls also somewhat reduces the chances of having a streak of chaotic rolls (like 3 sentries in a row, or the new damaging ones). I'd keep the following ones:
  • Scary bullets
  • Spontanious combustion (to clarify, this only sets the player on fire, but since pyro is immune, they take no damage)
  • Stripped to melee (people actually like this, the next version of steal detection will ignore stealing from players who are unable to airblast)
  • Beacon
  • Outline
I agree with the other changes. I can live without the rolls above, but I'd like to keep them.

Still not liking the idea of keeping Scary Bullets and Spontaneous Combustion, but I can live with it.

Any update on changing the duration of the rolls? 25 seconds on rolls like Fire Breath is way too much, perhaps 10 seconds is better, as the maps are quite small, people can just run around and kill everyone. If every new roll is actually 25 seconds, some really needs big changes.

Kevin has disabled rtd on the servers for now. If he doesn't (or anyone else) I'll whip up a new config this evening.
Thank you so much, that's why tf2's community is the best one :)

Okay I have a config with the following changes:
toxic - 7 seconds
flying - changed from noclip to flying
criticals - disabled
infiniteammo - disabled
spawnsentry - 7 seconds
homingprojectiles - disabled
snail - 10 seconds
frozen - 10 seconds
lowhealth - sets hp to 1 (default was 7)
blind - 10 seconds
powerfulhits - disabled
weakened - disabled
necromash - disabled (teamkills)
extraammo - disabled
fasthands - disabled (was told it doesn't affect alt attack)
teamcriticals - disabled
firebreath - 10 secs (allows 5 balls at max)
strongrecoil - disabled (was told it doesn't affect alt attack)
inclineproblem - disabled (no inclines once purge happens)

Tell me if I missed anything. @Kevin contact me if you want it.

The following important cvars are also worth checking (good thing the plugin thread doesn't tell us the defaults):
sm_rtd2_chat 62
sm_rtd2_duration 20
sm_rtd2_interval 120
sm_rtd2_mode 1
sm_rtd2_playerlimit 1

Also do donators still have a higher chance of rolling good effects?

Last edited:
Reactions: Patmosphere
RTD seems to be turned off completely and I LOVE it!

Such nice undisturbed game and a lot less lags (at least for me) than before because all the tiny delays (rtd on, rtd off) are gone.
Two thumbs up!
Please keep it this way!

• Disagree
Reactions: Lighty
"Still not liking the idea of keeping Scary Bullets. . ."
The only thing scary bullets does in DB is a different kill-feed icon, never seen someone stunned from standing close to a blast either.

The new RTD was refreshing, but as discussed above, some of the rolls were not DB friendly, and anything lasting over 10 seconds is going to be abused. I support the idea of keeping some of the new rolls, and the old ones the same. Toxic and sentries don't kill you every time. Unless you are in a corner, jumping from the sentry will send you away pretty quickly, and toxic can be outrun.
Are we still going to have player shrink, big head, harmless perks etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread