Declined Temporary gaurdban on new players (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't really deter mass freekillers. The 30 minutes (or more) of red team does give enough time for new players to get a basic grasp of the important rules that are more unique to the server, though. Like hitting any guard results in a permanent rebel status, and no rewardening. So this would help a decent amount with the clueless players that aren't there to cause trouble but then end up forcing freeday or turning on ff accidentally. As for freekillers though, you can see how they would probably be willing to wait 30 minutes to mfk, and them "learning the rules" during that time has no effect because they came to the server specifically to mfk.

People are saying this suggestion would "kill the playerbase," which I don't really get. I regularly struggle to join the server because of it being jam packed, so I think we have a pretty good supply of players. And if someones not interested in taking 30 measly minutes to learn the rules of the server, why would we want them on anyway? It's like when an obnoxious person tells a fast food worker "you just lost yourself a customer," like.... thank god, yes, please leave. But yeah, I think this would help a lot more than hurt.
Funny how you agree with the suggestion but after reacting to my comment agreeing with the suggestion as well as dumb lol. Glad to see you reflect on the suggestion again a bit more rationally.

I can agree with a suggestion but find a take dumb

Reactions: Nergal Nergalton
Hi. I believe that this might help during peak hours, but this does not help during the off times whatsoever.
During peak hours this removes inexperienced blues from the team. The problem arises when there are under 16 players online. I have seen that in this player range there are typically very few guards, many of which are new. I get that it is only 30 minutes blah blah blah, but this 30 minutes can be what makes someone not decide play panda, which means that these guards won’t be there to play blue. May sound silly on their end, but if I had no experience with panda and wanted to play blue immediately because I played it elsewhere, only joining to play blue; then I see that I can’t. What’s stopping me from going elsewhere instead of waiting 30 minutes, it’s not like we are the only server for the game mode. This lower number of blues will not harm the server when it has high players too much, but will inversely hurt the server when it has low players, potentially leading to the server not maintaining 24/7 players, that was a hard goal to reach, and implementing this I believe serves not to the benefit of the server. If warnings to players aren’t working, you can just report for rule-breaking, although not the most effective solution for solving problems on the spot, the suggested solution is no better, and feels like a lazy fix to the problem which requires way too much work to be a worth while decision.
TLDR: It is risky business messing with this feature. They get teambanned if they are caught by an admin, and reports can be made for those who slip under the radar. There isn’t a huge benefit to the addition of this feature.

This is the dumbest fucking suggestion out of all the dumb suggestions that has been made for jailbreak in the past months

You will just make every new player be teambanned by default? So experienced JB players from other servers wont be allowed to be guard? This is so punishing and strict, and a big "fuck you" to every new player. If this was implemented everyone would be laughing at Pandas JB servers
Bro who hurt you?

This would be beneficial to deter people who do not know the rules to be hopping on Blue team and breaking rules over and over. I don't see it as a form of gatekeeping. Don't see how 30 minutes will deter players from playing further since 30 minutes in reality goes by quick. During this time they can read the rules.

Reactions: scootyman
for me at least, if this rule WAS to be implemented the time would need to be longer cause IMO, 30 minutes won't do shit to teach new players everything there is to learn. it might teach them some basic rules such as no rewardening, but at the end of the day, JB has so many rules that even after 30 minutes there bound to make an error which is totally fine, New Players aren't gonna be perfect once they start out and hell some regulars still make mistakes.

While I don't think this rule will Kill JB or Completely deter New Players if added, I also don't think it will be the end all solution to new players not knowing the rules

I can agree with a suggestion but find a take dumb
And my take was any different from anyone else here because...? Also, it would've helped if you used the reply function here because it looks like you're talking about the original suggestion.

i think you’re smart enough to know the statement was directed to who, clearly the way we phrase a sentence sends a different message even if the core is similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread