Declined Temporary gaurdban on new players (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walfools

Yo. I think it would be beneficial to the server if new players had a temporary gaurdban placed on them upon joining. This would reduce the effectiveness of mass freekillers, and prevent new players that don't understand the rules from souring the experience for everyone. I'm not entirely sure on the duration, but I was thinking 30 minutes to 2 hours would be a good range. This would also warrant a message informing players that they cant play on blu at the moment, so that players don't think the server is just broken.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ian and scootyman
I don’t think it would be beneficial to gatekeep a whole mode of gameplay from new players, all its gonna serve is ward off said new players and entrench a dwindling playerbase till the server dies

This is the dumbest fucking suggestion out of all the dumb suggestions that has been made for jailbreak in the past months

You will just make every new player be teambanned by default? So experienced JB players from other servers wont be allowed to be guard? This is so punishing and strict, and a big "fuck you" to every new player. If this was implemented everyone would be laughing at Pandas JB servers

So experienced JB players from other servers wont be allowed to be guard?
Panda JB is very different from other servers, our fundamentals are super different to others, so yeah they shouldn't be first timing it on blue.
and a big "fuck you" to every new player.
First timing it on blue, not knowing what you're doing is a big fuck you to the other 30 players on the servers lol, all it takes is one person to ruin it.
Making people play on red for an hour is not that deep.

I think this sort of thing was suggested during my EU JB time, wasn't a popular suggestion back then and I doubt it will be now.

People that came into contact with JB through other sources like Youtube like to get right into the action when they join the server. Limiting their choices like that when they're a fresh Panda player isn't going to make them want to play here. They'll probably go to another community where the jailbreak server(s) doesn't limit what they can do when they first join.

- As Vecomti said, people who have had experience on other Jailbreak servers would feel alienated by being teambanned as soon as they join for the very first time, and might get the false impression they messed up and go hunting for an admin. There would be way too many complaints from newbies about being teambanned.
- There might be occasions (as uncommon as it may be) where the overwhelming majority of the server are newbies and thus severely limiting the people who can go on BLU.
- As for newbies who intend to join a server just to mass freekill, I'm pretty sure an "introductory" teamban won't stop them, once the teamban expires they'll probably get right to mass freekilling as if the teamban never happened.

Simply put, most newbies who join BLU right away will probably break a few rules, yes, but once they are reminded they typically remember them and try to abide by them. Contrary to what so many people believe, I've found it's uncommon -- or at least, not rampant -- for new BLUs to completely ignore any and all reminders they're given if they break rules, and if they do so, there's a high chance they might be trolling. People seem to like to paint all newbies to BLU as oblivious to the rules and completely ignorant of their surroundings when I've found that's usually not the case.

Just coming in neither for or against this but just asking:

Is this even possible? All well and nice coming with the idea but would be great to know that this is even possible. Any plugin links? Have you talked with Semi? @Walfools
Its definitely possible, it would just require a lot more work than changing a convar. I can elaborate further but in short the teamban system is not flexible enough to handle possible scenarios where there are no valid guards, the amount of effort that would have to be put in to make it account for this scenario might as well be used to make a separate more flexible system.

This is the dumbest fucking suggestion out of all the dumb suggestions that has been made for jailbreak in the past months

You will just make every new player be teambanned by default? So experienced JB players from other servers wont be allowed to be guard? This is so punishing and strict, and a big "fuck you" to every new player. If this was implemented everyone would be laughing at Pandas JB servers
I don't think hose_gonzales2011 being forced to play red for half an hour is as big of a threat to the server's health as you are making it out to be.

I don't think hose_gonzales2011 being forced to play red for half an hour is as big of a threat to the server's health as you are making it out to be.
Sadly if every player at that point in time on the server is a hose_gonzales2011 then you won't be playing any jailbreak because you'd all be on red. What's your next step then, do calladmin so they can play guard until one of them is able to go blu themselves?

Sadly if every player at that point in time on the server is a hose_gonzales2011 then you won't be playing any jailbreak because you'd all be on red. What's your next step then, do calladmin so they can play guard until one of them is able to go blu themselves?
i have personally never seen a situation where every player has less than 30 minutes on the server, but thats just my experience.

And I think thats exactly what would be bad for the servers health :) but I am sure nolifers mashing jailbreak all day every day while having the choice to pick between BLU and RED freely wouldnt see that

And I think thats exactly what would be bad for the servers health :) but I am sure nolifers mashing jailbreak all day every day while having the choice to pick between BLU and RED freely wouldnt see that
Wow :( too far

This is an absolutely great suggestion but to think it's a complete landslide of no's is absolutely beyond me lol. There's multiple MFKs everyday with a lot of mfkers going on multiple after multiple burner accs that some of their OG names are already recognized. 30 minutes is NOT long at all, I'm even down for 15 minutes too, because MFKs on Panda have started to become a serious issue over time that really need to a fix aside from calling an admin thru speed dial.

This is an absolutely great suggestion but to think it's a complete landslide of no's is absolutely beyond me lol. There's multiple MFKs everyday with a lot of mfkers going on multiple after multiple burner accs that some of their OG names are already recognized. 30 minutes is NOT long at all, I'm even down for 15 minutes too, because MFKs on Panda have started to become a serious issue over time that really need to a fix aside from calling an admin thru speed dial.
It isn’t gonna deter MFKers honestly. Keep in mind that on this server a teamban can be worked off simply by being on the server (on other servers you have to be alive to slowly work it off). All newbie MFKers will do is idle for the duration of the teamban and get right to freekilling when the teamban expires. It will completely defeat the purpose of deterring them.

It isn’t gonna deter MFKers honestly. Keep in mind that on this server a teamban can be worked off simply by being on the server (on other servers you have to be alive to slowly work it off). All newbie MFKers will do is idle for the duration of the teamban and get right to freekilling when the teamban expires. It will completely defeat the purpose of deterring them.
Well it's either that or implementing votekicks because I'm really tired of relying on an admin to get on at whatever time of day whenever there's a mfker.

Wouldn't really deter mass freekillers. The 30 minutes (or more) of red team does give enough time for new players to get a basic grasp of the important rules that are more unique to the server, though. Like hitting any guard results in a permanent rebel status, and no rewardening. So this would help a decent amount with the clueless players that aren't there to cause trouble but then end up forcing freeday or turning on ff accidentally. As for freekillers though, you can see how they would probably be willing to wait 30 minutes to mfk, and them "learning the rules" during that time has no effect because they came to the server specifically to mfk.

People are saying this suggestion would "kill the playerbase," which I don't really get. I regularly struggle to join the server because of it being jam packed, so I think we have a pretty good supply of players. And if someones not interested in taking 30 measly minutes to learn the rules of the server, why would we want them on anyway? It's like when an obnoxious person tells a fast food worker "you just lost yourself a customer," like.... thank god, yes, please leave. But yeah, I think this would help a lot more than hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread