Swify

Donator

What's your username? Swify

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:634543342

What is your type of punishment? Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

Who has punished you? Bananawastaken

Why were you punished? talkingwhilemuted

Why should we revoke your punishment? Banana was talking to me saying that I should stop talking through the mic since I'm perma gag/muted but, I've been with other admins when they were playing on Jailbreak and they were fine with me talking. I also had Cowboy specifically tell me that It's ok for me to talk through the mic but as long as you don't join blue you would be fine. So, I said back to Banana I had permission to talk through the mic which banana didn't care he was still ongoing saying for me to get off the mic. When this was happening, I was very confused as to why I should get off. I clearly had permission from other admins but with Banana he punished me for talking through the mic. Now I saw Cowboy typed in chat saying that this is a different admin before my ban, and I am still confused about what that means because as I recall you shouldn't be punished by another admin if you were given permission from other admins. Plus, Banana isn't a full admin so I'm pretty sure he can't override other admins choices as a trial admin. If I'm mistaken and there is a reason for this, I would like to know, and I deeply apologize for fighting back and hope for my ban to be lifted because I was clearly confused in this situation.

I also had Cowboy specifically tell me that It's ok for me to talk through the mic but as long as you don't join blue you would be fine.
It doesn't matter what i told you a few sessions ago, if another admin is giving you direct orders to not use your mic you need to listen to them. It also sounds like you continued to argue with him and failed to listen to him even after being asked to stop multiple times before being banned as a result. If you disagree with a decision by an admin, arguing with them during the round and disrupting others is not the way you should've handled it.

1672528284301.png

Banana isn't a full admin so I'm pretty sure he can't override other admins choices as a trial admin
he isn't overriding my choice, he wasn't even aware that i allowed you to speak during source bans being down. All Banana knew was that you were permuted and you weren't allowed to talk so he acted within his right as an admin with the knowledge that he was aware of during that time.

This is not my appeal, but seeing as my name is involved I figured I'd add my side of the story.

Well, now I got info on how things should've gone. I apologize for arguing against another admin, Banana, and I won't make the same mistake again. I will follow orders from whoever it is even if it's against what another admin told me. Please accept my apology.

e) Listen to the adminsAlways listen to the admins. In the end, they decide. If you feel like they are wrong about something, argue with them about it in a civilised way. If you cannot come to an agreement you may argue your case on the forum and see what others think. Generally obstructing administrative communication is forbidden.

In the future just listen to whatever the last admin told you to do, neither admin was in the wrong as the situation was a gray area.

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread