Story Behind Your Steam Name? (1 Viewer)

Came up with the name "Patmosphere" during my "furry's mental phase", I had stuck in mind odd words that were possible nickname's material (like majestic, ganesha, jalapeno) and at one point..I got a bright idea, using the word Atmosphere: but I would to make it less "common", so I started to list down many possible combos with this word, and when I came across the P..I think I've fallen in love with the combination of the two. So, the day after, I've started to hang out with this name and people weren't expecting this at all, they didn't even recognise me in most of the cases and..even if I'm not anymore part of the fandom, I conserve it as a memory..to not forget. My previous nicks were some sort of unique fab selfmade cringy crap lol: my first one was "Piro-AquaticInfernal", and the next ones were even worse...("Sempai-PyroFreaklance", "Quantistic Plants", "Ninleft-up") ahah, I used to swing and smash around with them adressed to me for a long while until the night when I decided to give myself a real stable name that could last for so long. And there we are, I still use it for the forums..and sometimes for the profile..

Mertes is a name I made up way back in 2010 on ROBLOX. I wanted something with M because I really liked the letter M at the time. I eventually came up with Mertes after going from Merci (thinking it wasn't taken) and since I liked the "mer" part of the name I just freestyled until I got the "tes". However, somewhere in early 2013 I made a shortened name for my MC account DaCreeeper and turned it into Creepz, which is what I used for Steam and also joined this community with. I later changed it to iCreepz, but in early 2016 I decided to change back to my original alias Mertes.

Reactions: Patmosphere
Seelkadoom is the name of the main villain of a flash animated series called "Sonic RPG" that started in late 2005. The creator would normally release a few episodes in 1 year until the series hit episode 8 in 2008 which was by far the most amazing one of them all.....Then 5 years passed without any episode. I thought the series was canceled and it made me really sad as a big part of my childhood would never be complete, So I used to go by the name "Seelkadoom" starting from 2012 in memory of this series.

I used to run in game names as 0nyX3, cause i liked how onyx sounds. It is not a reference to pokemon but to a character in a book but also because i like the stone. For some reason on steam i changed to OxyGenE (I do not know why i put all these caps don't ask ^^) cause i also like how the word sounds, though everyone in panda called me Oxy and i feel like it sounds even better, and so here is my current steam name: [ℓg∂]-Oxy-.

I first had always used the name dark Kidori cause I kind of liked the sound of it and I was young and a little do edgy.
So I decided to change it but I had no idea what so I just smashed on my key board so long until a name sounding cool came out, so yea now I like my name even if 90% of people pronounce it wrong xD like emu-lion, illumion (I don't know how but they do) or other random stuff

A bit late but...

I was originally called Alpha,but later I decided to take a cartoon that I used to watch in my late childhood called RekkitRabbit,modyfing some letters it became TekkitFappit.

Original,isn't it? xD

• Winner
  • Creative
Reactions: OxyGenE and Monster
My original Steam name was schwartzy116. This was a combination of my camp nickname and my favorite number, 16 (schwartzy16 was taken). I used to only play games with friends that I knew irl. Once I changed my mind and started making online friends, I decided to change my name. It became Sudd3n_Entr0py. This was a name that I came up with myself, as I wanted something that sounded interesting and original. It basically means spontaneous chaos and destruction. Over the years it became Sudden Entropy and then finally shortened to just Sudden.

I had originally wanted to change my username to something else and then I remembered this interesting drawing I had found a while back.
tvM0jQ3.png

I have a gambling problem :kappa:

But in all seriousness, it's because of one of my old steam usernames which was BakedPotato. Eventually, people on a community I used to play on called me Spuds, which I then renamed myself to later. The name kept getting corrupted until it became Spades. Since then, it's stayed that way for the last few years.

Mine actually has a really sad origin. I don't need pity or anything for it. I keep it as a momento for a time that I went through.

As a younger child me and my father were very close. I used to do everything with him growing up, he took me away on holidays and he was my hero growing up.

Aged 13 my dad was diagnosed with terminal leukemia, and not discussing any details he died 3 months later. His nickname as a child was maglet, and I used to be called magglet as I was the next generation. I was going to dump the name until he died. I kept it ever since to remind me of it.

No I don't need pity im fine.

Reactions: OxyGenE

Users who are viewing this thread