Declined Squidward Community College Admin Appication (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username; Squidward Community College

Age; 17

Steam Id; 64 bit:76561198442469360 32 bit: 482203632

Times: 9 – 2 am usually Central Time. Sometimes on from 12 – 2 pm

I play on the US 2fort server

I do have a mic

No previous experience as admin

No experience with source mod

You should choose me because there is a certain individual who comes onto the server almost twice a day and always when I am playing. Also, I simply love the server I play on. Ever since I have started playing on this server, I’ve meet so many amazing people and meet many new friends. I have had the best times on tf2 on this server and I hate to see people ruin the fun for the server.

Well I know for sure that anyone using hacks for malicious purposes, I would perma-ban them for sure. Anyone assisting them would receive a less severe punishment. For any other offenses I would have to turn to the server rules for other offenses. Also, I would not only just be admin to ban people, but to better the overall experience of the server. Becoming an admin would not change the way I interact with people on the server. What it all boils down to is I love the server I play on and the people I play with and I want to protect them.

Username: Squidward Community College; Nickname: Squid

Steam Id: STEAM_0:0:241101816

Times: 9pm – 12am usually (Sometimes later), US Central Time. Sometimes on from 12 – 2 pm

I play on the US 2fort server

I do have a mic and am not afraid to use it

No previous experience as admin

No experience with source mod, but am proficient with computers and have a year and a half of java experience.

I have played on the Panda US 2fort server almost every night for the past three or so weeks and by doing so I’ve gotten to know the server more than anyone else and others on the server have gotten to know me. I have also learned, through experiencing many players getting banned or otherwise punished by admins in my time playing, what actions are against server rules and what kind of repercussions should follow. Finally, I love the game, server, and most importantly the people I play with and as admin I will do what ever is necessary to serve my fellow players.

Ban times:

Mild Offenses: Mic Spam, Harassment, Chat Spam, Inappropriate Sprays.

Those caught performing mild offenses would first be asked to stop and if they persist then they will be either muted, have their sprays disabled, or be kicked from the server. I believe in giving a chance for people to stop before any ban because some may not know the rules of the server. However if one were to continue these offenses, a temporary ban increasing with each repeated offense will ensue.

Serious Offenses: Cheating, Exploiting, Hacking, Many Repeated Mild Offenses, Serious Racism or Mic/Chat spam

When it comes to Serious Offenses those who perform them know they are against all server rules and still continue to do so, therefore a serious offense will result in a ban and the time will be based on the severity of the offense. For example, aim-botting, wall hacking, or any other form of cheating will result in an instant permanent ban while some more minor offenses such as assisting a cheater or racial slurs will be a non-permanent ban with exception to repeated offenders.

120 minute > 240 minute > 480 minute > 720 minute > 1440 minute > 3 day > 1 week > Permanent Ban

• Depending on the severity of the Offense the player will be placed on one of the ban times listed above; with each offense the player will move up on spot until reaching a permanent ban.

Final Notes: I would like to address the argument I had with Madact. I had frustration due building up over a while and that frustration caused me to lash out at him, please do not let it reflect poorly on my character as it was a one-time moment of weakness. I understand the admins aren’t the almighty Gaben himself and are just doing their best. Thank you

@Madact

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kazzy
Your hlstats link (No bans or comms)

Your application seems a bit short, try looking at previous accepted applications to see what you can improve here :)

• Informative
Reactions: Kazzy
There's no US 2fort admin really. Only me and @Mikey might visit to take on some calls but that's about it.

Coming on to see the applicant I have a mixed bag of feedback. Applicant saw me as a source to blame the lack of administration towards a constant hacker coming on daily. From my outside perspective, though it is an issue, because I don't come on the server enough and the server is constantly full that the hacker isn't really doing that much damage to the overall server population.

What's happened is the server was created and the sudden boost of players has left the server pretty much free to do what it wants. It reminds me of US JB(back when it was NY JB, 3 years ago, before travis) where the playerbase shot up and no US admins to take the claim. People wouldn't follow the rules and even make up their own based on what other jailbreak servers had enforced.

At the end of the talk with the applicant, they apologised and explained that the lack of action towards the hacker(s) makes playing on their frustrating. Would like to point out here that we do have a Player Report section : https://www.panda-community.com/forums/player-report.33/ to deal with this sort of thing. Of course the easy answer is to 'Get more admins!!!' but we have to make the best out the current situation for now.

You also mentioned you might bolt. I almost believe that due to the only 'recent' arrive with massive session playtime. Most players would burn out over those sessions so I'll be keeping an eye out to make sure it's steady. Also to see how you act on the server as most of your communication is voice.
I hope that, despite the frustration, you can show your dedication by helping us out report players(mostly hackers). Start learning how to record demos and whatnot. It would be a first step to learning how to deal with a hacker ban.

I'd like to keep this pending for now to see if the applicant will improve by providing a corrected application and player reports.

• Agree
Reactions: Mikey
I've probably stuck around a bit longer than the other admins that visit 2fort. I can see that it is its own mess without the presence of an admin, so we do have that need for an admin on US 2fort.

I did point out to squidward about making an application so I'll take some responsibility here.

Few things I've observed from squidward is that you may say some stuff that can be perceived as toxic to others even though you're joking about it. It's not really that harsh, but be sure you think before you speak. I believe that admins have to hold themselves to higher standards as they do represent our community.

Madact brought it up about reporting players, so be sure to help us out for when we're not able to go on there. Making reports shows that you care for the server that you're playing on. If you make reports, be sure to familiarize yourself with our rules as well.

I haven't been able to get on much during the peak hours of 2fort since I'm usually at work during the evenings on weekdays, but you're always free to ask me anything when you see me and I'll be glad to assist you (pretty sure you know that already since I've been doing that already).

Good luck with your admin app! c:

I'm going to close this up for under review as we have the feedback we need.

Any incoming inactivity or questions, please message me via PM on the forums. Good luck ::):

declined.
you may apply again in a month; 14.10.2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread