Accepted SharpTips's Admin Application FF2#13 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpTips

- Your name and/or nickname: Nevo/Evan/Bud

- Your age: 17. I will be 18 on the 12th of March.

- Who gave you permission to apply? @Waxel ,

- Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27990915

- My general online times and my timezone: Most of the days in the week, Timezone is GMT +2, Soon it'll be GMT+3 since we change it. (It's not consistent so I can give the *exact* times, but: )

Whenever I am free, and I am free most of the time, I finished most of the subjects/classes so I'll have that extra time. But usually in the afternoon until the late evening (I'll link my sessions to provide a better understanding)

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?: I mostly play on FF2#13 and sometimes on DR#09 but the server I would like to apply for is FF2#13.
I would definitely help if any assistance is needed on any server if I'm free and also know the rules.

- Do you have a microphone? Yes, I tend to use it quite often.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator: Yes, mostly here in panda and other communities in TF2 (Back in the day when TF2 was relatively doing well, 3-5 years ago~), and a supervisor in an RP server in GMod & another server from another community (Also in gmod). Would mention the name of the communities if wanted/needed

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod? I am well aware with the basics, commands that an admin should know.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team? I'll be honest; I always wanted to come back and help the people around here who play on panda servers. I think there's not enough control over the rule breakers which I've encountered many during my gameplays. I won't go too much into detail explaining the scenarios but I personally feel like we're not getting enough help over there. My purpose is to make the servers more healthy and well going as much as possible.
I've been an admin here before and have been disapproved for my lack of experience resonating from the fact that I was 15 at the time. Quite frankly, I subconsciously agreed and realized I should wait a bit longer if I ever wanted to re-apply.
I would like to note on top of everything is that I undoubtedly treasure other people's experience in the server. I do my best to keep people up and going to play in the server by trying to make them laugh once in a while/maybe talk to them, so they can stick around more. The main purpose is to keep the community clean and the second, is to make sure everyone's having fun.
I'll also add that last time I was demoted for inactivity/not logging in into the staff panel, if i'm not mistaken. I hope I can be looked at differently than last time.
- Briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
Spamming in chat/voice chat:
  • First time: A simple warning. telling the player to avoid spamming.
  • Second time: Last warning, telling the player again, to avoid spamming. (If the player starts right off the bat spamming the chat intensively, it cuts down to only 1 warning, but if it's a light spam, then 2 warnings)
  • Third time: A mute/gag for 3-6 hours, depending on the player's behavior.
  • Fourth, Fifth and Sixth (In order):
6-12 Hours,

12 Hours - 24 hours,

Perma.

Offensive language:
  • First time: A warning. If racism is included, it's an instant gag or mute for 3-6 hours
  • Second time: Mute or gag, depends on the context. 5-10 hours
  • Third, fourth, fifth and sixth:
6-10 Hours.

12-16 hours.

24-36 hours.

Perma.

Hacking: No warnings, I'll gain proof first, then temporarily ban and ask any of the full gameserver admins/owner to perma ban them.

Foreign Language:
  • First time: Warning.
  • Second time: Last warning.
  • Third, fouth, fifth and sixth: Mute or Gag.
2-4 Hours

4-6 Hours

8-12 Hours

Perma.

Call abuse:
  • First time: A warning.
  • Second time: A ban for 12 hours.
  • Third time: A ban for 24 hours.

Exploiting:
  • First time: A slay and a warning.
  • Second time: A kick.
  • Third time: A ban for 24 hours.
Other:

Delaying:
  • First time: A warning.
  • Second time: A slay.
  • Third time: A kick.

Info:
HLstatsX / Chat
Sessions
Bans
Comms

Tagging FF2 Admins
@Waxel
@Monster
@TekkitFappit

Here's their previous application:

They where originally for slender fortress. The reason why they where demoted appears to be lined up with what is explained here, but I'll ask their previous mentor later in case .

There's also something I've found that you guys should be made aware of and I'm pretty sure I'm correct on making this observation.

The user got banned for chargeback by Kevin in June 2019. It's then stated around about 3 months before now, they where unbanned. I'm not sure what was discussed between kevin and ron but it appears the ban is now void.
However I have found an alt. At first I thought it was someone like a partner (It's a spin on that black and white dragon from 'How to train your dragon'), but the times of when the ban was placed and when the alt appeared and then the alt is discarded line up.
Account in question : https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=288060
Place the unban about december, and see that the account loses it's usage and then the sessions switch to the main. There is a gap about this time, but it is the holidays and it's difficult to determine when the unban took place in this month.
Chatlog seems similar to main, but that's not much to go on.

So even if that ban is now void, this is ban evading. This is a legit rule break, besides the ban being revoked. However, it's been 3 months and it's clear the ban is void. It just should be noted, based on what I've found, the user possibly evaded it. Also check light's chat, slight passive aggressive towards kevin at one part. Didn't check the rest.

Feel free to respond to this Sharptips, if you can explain great. Admitting is also acceptable.

Reactions: SharpTips
Here's their previous application:

They where originally for slender fortress. The reason why they where demoted appears to be lined up with what is explained here, but I'll ask their previous mentor later in case .

There's also something I've found that you guys should be made aware of and I'm pretty sure I'm correct on making this observation.

The user got banned for chargeback by Kevin in June 2019. It's then stated around about 3 months before now, they where unbanned. I'm not sure what was discussed between kevin and ron but it appears the ban is now void.
However I have found an alt. At first I thought it was someone like a partner (It's a spin on that black and white dragon from 'How to train your dragon'), but the times of when the ban was placed and when the alt appeared and then the alt is discarded line up.
Account in question : https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=288060
Place the unban about december, and see that the account loses it's usage and then the sessions switch to the main. There is a gap about this time, but it is the holidays and it's difficult to determine when the unban took place in this month.
Chatlog seems similar to main, but that's not much to go on.

So even if that ban is now void, this is ban evading. This is a legit rule break, besides the ban being revoked. However, it's been 3 months and it's clear the ban is void. It just should be noted, based on what I've found, the user possibly evaded it. Also check light's chat, slight passive aggressive towards kevin at one part. Didn't check the rest.

Feel free to respond to this Sharptips, if you can explain great. Admitting is also acceptable.
sure no prob,very simple. 2 accounts (you know that already), same IP, different computers
I have 3 computers in my household. Each one of my brothers owns a computer of their own.
They all share the same IP.
A couple of days or weeks after I was banned, can't recall exactly WHEN, but sometime AFTER I was banned my brother asked me why I no longer play tf2, so I told him what happened, about the whole donation problem that I stumbled upon, and the perma ban.
Since he was aware that I used to play a lot on that server (ff2#13) back then. he decided to check the server out for himself, see if it's bad or not, at least I can ASSUME that this is why he wanted to, but if any doubts are brought up you're welcome to let me know, and post in DM's all my computers in my household. But that aside, as I was unbanned, I told my brother NOT to play there anymore,but I'm pretty sure he stopped before my unban if you check his gameme, since I wasn't sure if it's allowed to have more than 2 acc play at the same server at the same time; why would I think that? That is mainly because of games that DO NOT ALLOW such things, like, MapleRoyals, Ikariam (A browser game), ETC.
I didn't plan on getting unbanned at first, so I thought it would be ok to let him play without me worrying about it, and it would count as 1 account. ugh, makes sense?
I can even share screenshots of me asking administators of other game communities showing me asking them if it's ok for 2 accounts or more to be used from the same household.

Hope you get where all the confusion comes from.
I was afraid letting him play prior to me expecting to be unbanned since games like MapleRoyals, Ikariam, are not so hippity about having 2 accounts from 1 household to bypass anything at all.

Need me to dm anything, hit me up.

As for what kevin discussed with ron,
I have only chatlogs with Ron,
And talked with Nightscythe on discord a few days/weeks after my ban, to discuss the ban ofc, but that's beside the point

I'll add that I figured it's never an IP ban, but a steam ID ban.

Last edited:
truthfully, I can't prove it to you, my chatlogs are similar with his? I can't deny or say otherwise, that's my brother we're talking about :/ I take after them, (by them I mean the two of them together, since I already said before, I have 2 brothers,but only 1 of them is involved) the rest of the family members are not using any of the PCs

All I can do is prove you I have more than a couple of PCs, the rest is just whether you believe my sayings.
But if there's anything you want me to do, i'll help, to make it easier clear things up

• Informative
Reactions: Furken
The above appears to be cleared up. Forgive my caution towards these sorts of matters.

@Waxel @Monster @TekkitFappit
Need the feedback in. If you have all ready (I think I might have some from Waxel) then ignore this. Would just like to stack up these applications up for the wave.

Good afternon!
From what i've seen sessions looks good with some of them even reaching over 7~8 hours, the chatlog is fine, he enforces the rules and is friendly towards players. +1 for me. On a side note the punishment list is a bit too friendly but we can improve that later on

• Clever
Good afternon!
From what i've seen sessions looks good with some of them even reaching over 7~8 hours, the chatlog is fine, he enforces the rules and is friendly towards players. +1 for me. On a side note the punishment list is a bit too friendly but we can improve that later on
Thanks Waxel!

To be honest I didn't think I was going easy with the punishments, I compared these punishments with the one I had back at the time when I applied to SL#12
But thanks for letting me know. Certainly, I will simply follow a longer and more tougher punishment system

Ya,sorry for the delay on this one.
Have got a lot of things happening in my real life.
The application is looking really good,but I would improve the punishment section a little bit and also making it more detailed and "severe".
For what concerns the player:chatlog and sessions are looking more than good,haven't had the chance to play with you a lot,but basing myself on what Waxel says about you,you deserve a +1.

• Happy
Been a bit busy in life so sorry about the late reply,
As others have said, app looks good but I do agree with Tekkit, the punishments could be more severe after time as no one is gonna really learn from their mistakes after a day even after 3-4 previous offences, so a lengthier punishment should be considered (like a week)
Other than that, I’ve seen you on be server and you do enforce the rules, and playtime is great.
Overall, you deserve a +1

• Happy
Been a bit busy in life so sorry about the late reply,
As others have said, app looks good but I do agree with Tekkit, the punishments could be more severe after time as no one is gonna really learn from their mistakes after a day even after 3-4 previous offences, so a lengthier punishment should be considered (like a week)
Other than that, I’ve seen you on be server and you do enforce the rules, and playtime is great.
Overall, you deserve a +1
Thank you!
More severe punshiments? Well, Tekkit and Waxel thought the same thing and I'm totally with you on that one. Do you want to see it visually? Normally I would do it like you guys suggested right from the start, but if you'd like to see it anyways, then do tell and I'll edit it/post again.

Ya,sorry for the delay on this one.
Have got a lot of things happening in my real life.
The application is looking really good,but I would improve the punishment section a little bit and also making it more detailed and "severe".
For what concerns the player:chatlog and sessions are looking more than good,haven't had the chance to play with you a lot,but basing myself on what Waxel says about you,you deserve a +1.
Thank you Tekkit! That's totally fine, and I do appreciate your opinion despite the lack of time since you're busy and all.

That's all the feedback needed, ready for under review.

Any questions or inactivity upcoming, please let me know.

Also I see in your last comment just now that you might want to edit or add onto this. It's fine, it's just an insight you'll have to up you punishment times if you receive trial admin. Which you will get around to with your mentor, if you get in. No need to show us you changing numbers, unless you want to. Then hit up whichever admin with it for advice.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread