Self-defence against Teamkillers in Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Allow self defence against teamkillers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vecomti

If I get teamkilled by a fellow guard only to sit idle for 15 min while I wait for the round to end, knowing that if I try to stop him from killing me and/or his other teammates again I could get punished per rules, I would be preeetty damn annoyed and infuriated.

Therefore, I would like to suggest a rule that allows BLUs to teamkill another BLU who is deliberately trying to teamkill people on his/her team.
Just as an example; If a guard is continously hitting another guard or multiple guards, they are allowed to attack back in self-defence.

Honestly, it does not even make sense that anyone getting hit by a bat two times a sec by their own teammate is not allowed to defend themselves!

Suggestion 1: disable FF in blue team for all time.
Suggestion 2: If 1st player kill 2nd player, then 2nd player die immidietely with 1st player.
Suggestion 3: If 1st player kill 2nd player, then 2nd will immidietely toogled.
Suggestion 4: If 1st player attacked 2nd player, then 2nd player will marked as rebel and then he can die (blue can kill him)
It is too much suggestions, but i don't know which can be applied :)

• Agree
Reactions: stalker455655
If I get teamkilled by a fellow guard only to sit idle for 15 min while I wait for the round to end, knowing that if I try to stop him from killing me and/or his other teammates again I could get punished per rules, I would be preeetty damn annoyed and infuriated.

Therefore, I would like to suggest a rule that allows BLUs to teamkill another BLU who is deliberately trying to teamkill people on his/her team.
Just as an example; If a guard is continously hitting another guard or multiple guards, they are allowed to attack back in self-defence.

Honestly, it does not even make sense that anyone getting hit by a bat two times a sec by their own teammate is not allowed to defend themselves!

I would like the rule to defend your self from a guard that is trying to kill you :).

Except then the game would mark you as a rebel and all the other guards can kill you again. No can do.

There's no point in autokilling others if they freekill, then two people have to sit out an entire round, including the innocent.
An autoslay + a respawn may work, but again, freekilling is so context dependent, it's not always intentional in a malicious way.

Made a poll so people can vote. If this rule is accepted it means that a demo is required to report teamkillers, a screenshot will not be enough proof anymore.

Reactions: ITF Guerilla
I think that everyone is saying "blindly" yes.
This system might effectively generate negative externalities and situations to make the situation of jailbreak even worse.

Please, before voting, read this.

=> For me, it will simply bring the "revenge" problem : someone teamkill an other player in a round, but complains after a slay that it was a "revenge".
Of course, it will be forbidden to take your revenge like that, since you only have to defend yourself but there will be always people who don't get it, the majority of the jailbreak players are not always mature at all.

=> It can also make the situation being totally confused for an admin : who's teamkilling ; who's self-defending.
Imagine that some people are massively teamkilling, and then someone want to take his revenge, how are you gonna manage to see who's teamkilling and who's defending himself with the feed full of blue names ? It will be even more hard with an additionnal massive freekiller and it will make the admin job pretty more hard (implying it's already hard to moderate jailbreak).

=> Don't forget that, if this rule is accepted, the screenshot about teamkill won't be allowed anymore : we will need a demo/video, maybe with the whole round from the start to the teamkill situation, to be sure it was a legit self-defense and not a freeshot revenge or such.

Result : more things to manage with, and surely more problems than before.
That's why I think that we have to be strict with the jailbreak players.

Logically, that's a big no for me.

Last edited:
Hmm, after reading all of that i agree with you. Maybe better to let it stay as it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Electrod
After reading that I do agree with Noodl: Remove jailbreak.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Fishy and Noodl
I think that everyone is saying "blindly" yes.
This system might effectively generate negative externalities and situations to make the situation of jailbreak even worse.

Please, before voting, read this.

=> For me, it will simply bring the "revenge" problem : someone teamkill an other player in a round, but complains after a slay that it was a "revenge".
Of course, it will be forbidden to take your revenge like that, since you only have to defend yourself but there will be always people who don't get it, the majority of the jailbreak players are not always mature at all.

=> It can also make the situation being totally confused for an admin : who's teamkilling ; who's self-defending.
Imagine that some people are massively teamkilling, and then someone want to take his revenge, how are you gonna manage to see who's teamkilling and who's defending himself with the feed full of blue names ? It will be even more hard with an additionnal massive freekiller and it will make the admin job pretty more hard (implying it's already hard to moderate jailbreak).

=> Don't forget that, if this rule is accepted, the screenshot about teamkill won't be allowed anymore : we will need a demo/video, maybe with the whole round from the start to the teamkill situation, to be sure it was a legit self-defense and not a freeshot revenge or such.

Result : more things to manage with, and surely more problems than before.
That's why I think that we have to be strict with the jailbreak players.

Logically, that's a big no for me.
Unless hell is already loose, Guards should be close to eachother and if one starts attacking another, I can't imagine that those are the only two witnessing the event. I am not familiar with when FF is allowed to be turned on, but I suppose it is most likely during cell wars, arena or last requests like hunger games. Assuming the BLU team actually has microphones and uses them, communication shouldn't be an error. If one guy starts attacking another, the one being attacked would most likely say something in voice-chat, alerting other BLUs?

Unless ofcourse you can turn on FF whenever you want without punishments and BLUs are just standing there, shut as a tree...

I also never took in account that screenshots was a valid method of reporting.

Edit; Not trying to sound like you were refering only to me at the end there :L

We already got teaming problems (friends who are sometimes accusing innocents of rulebreaking) on jailbreak.
As I said, jailbreak is pretty hard to moderate because of these kind of problems, that's why I suppose that we have to be strict.

Also, taking a screenshot with teamkillers on the feed is a valid method of reporting.

Reactions: stalker455655
We already got teaming problems (friends who are sometimes accusing innocents of rulebreaking) on jailbreak.
As I said, jailbreak is pretty hard to moderate because of these kind of problems, that's why I suppose that we have to be strict.

Also, taking a screenshot with teamkillers on the feed is a valid method of reporting.

Oh, I did not think of that.

I also know it is~

Oh, I did not think of that.

I also know it is~

The jailbreak admins should always be strict and also the teaming problem is rare fortunately :).

An eye for an eye has never worked and will never work.

I voted "No", it's the first thing I did when I opened the post.
Then, I've read all your comments, and I agree with Electrod.
BUT, I agree on the demos which should be made instead of screenshots. I wrote it in a past post, there are many reason why teamkills happen not only intentionally (revenge is just one of the cases), but also by mistake (and here there are many cases).

About the fact of being stricter generally as Admins (stalker was talking about this) ....
Some time ago, I posted a suggestion on the forum, and I hoped @Kevin looked at it, and paid attention to it. But it didn't happen.
I don't know if you remember, here's a summary:
A box on top left, over the text chat, where you MUST answer "Yes" or "No". The question is: "Here are the rules. Click 3 (or another key) to read them, if you need to read them. BEFORE YOU START PLAYING: "DO YOU ACCEPT THEM?". If yes, you are allowed to play, if no, you are auto-kicked.
If you answer yes, it means you assumed the Responsibility, the Maturity of having read the rules Carefully. If Admins see you breaking rules just one time, you won't need warnings: Admins will be stricter and will punish you automatically (and I don't mean just a slay or a kick).

But, that's only a suggestion. It happens that I see rulebreakers when I join the server, and when I slay them, they quit the server. And, many times, they re-join when admin is away. You'd understand what I say.

I voted "No", it's the first thing I did when I opened the post.
Then, I've read all your comments, and I agree with Electrod.
BUT, I agree on the demos which should be made instead of screenshots. I wrote it in a past post, there are many reason why teamkills happen not only intentionally (revenge is just one of the cases), but also by mistake (and here there are many cases).

About the fact of being stricter generally as Admins (stalker was talking about this) ....
Some time ago, I posted a suggestion on the forum, and I hoped @Kevin looked at it, and paid attention to it. But it didn't happen.
I don't know if you remember, here's a summary:
A box on top left, over the text chat, where you MUST answer "Yes" or "No". The question is: "Here are the rules. Click 3 (or another key) to read them, if you need to read them. BEFORE YOU START PLAYING: "DO YOU ACCEPT THEM?". If yes, you are allowed to play, if no, you are auto-kicked.
If you answer yes, it means you assumed the Responsibility, the Maturity of having read the rules Carefully. If Admins see you breaking rules just one time, you won't need warnings: Admins will be stricter and will punish you automatically (and I don't mean just a slay or a kick).

But, that's only a suggestion. It happens that I see rulebreakers when I join the server, and when I slay them, they quit the server. And, many times, they re-join when admin is away. You'd understand what I say.

Just to quench my curiousity, is it like any downsides to this idea?

Just to quench my curiousity, is it like any downsides to this idea?

The downside is that Jailbreak will go from 24/24 to 10/24 for the first month or so, but who honestly thinks that's a bad thing if we can rid the server of all the kids who just join and break every rule they can get their hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread