On Hold Scout Double Jump: US Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Should Red Scout Double Jump get added to US Jailbreak?

• Yes, add double jump to scout.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No, don’t add double jump to scout.

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
After the plug-in kept crashing, and scouts were able to double jump It didn’t seem like a bad thing, if not an improvement in my eyes. Scouts could be creative with escapes, juke blues, and still be 1 shot if they are too ambitious. Also the argument that scouts would dominate mini games would make sense, but why not let warden just restrict it like medic healing? I think that after running the server some with it on, jailbreak was more fun for me in general. If you didn’t understand what I said or want a different wording: Read Bambi’s 1st paragraph on this thread.

Possible Alternative Double Jump upon rebel
Poll closes: 10 Days

Basically a free advantage over everyone in most minigames

B-hop, climb, obby and skill based games are just reduced significantly in difficulty for scouts who can double/triple jump

Most blue team crit weapons will one shot kill a scout at scout’s effective range anyways, a scout only truly holds a chance against an unaware blue team. Also if a warden can restrict double jumping I see no problem. Keep in mind that I am firm on my opinion and likely won’t be convinced otherwise. Feel free to respond to convince others, but I am not in a position to be swayed unless someone blows my mind with reasoning that is extremely strong towards opposition.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Most blue team crit weapons will one shot kill a scout at scout’s effective range anyways, a scout only truly holds a chance against an unaware blue team.
The most effective class to rebel with is scout, His speed is already a huge advantage against most blus, The Boston Basher and Wrap Assassin are red favorites when it comes to rebelling, And they *are* effective, Giving just scouts a massive advantage like this is just gonna incentivize them to go scout not only just to rebel but to give them a huge leg up in getting LR, Im all for buffing reds but this ain’t it chief.

This is worse than just "Scouts have easier minigames and fights while rebelling" this is a very layered issue.

Boston Basher is both a movement tool and a potent weapon.
With a double jump, as soon as a Boston Basher scout gets overheal they can now jump pretty much anywhere they want. Go outside on HopJB? Scout just jumped on top of stairway to heaven and is running towards climb.

To match the mobility of these scouts, you are now going to have to run more scouts on blue to catch these rebellers.
Have you ever seen a scout warden get cornered? It's not pretty. This doesn't just make rebelling easier for scouts, it makes it easier for everyone.

Then there's still non-rebelling scouts, who have (nearly) every minigame free now since they have the Atomizer equipped and get to go wherever they feel like.

I really don't want to hear "Scouts no double jumping" every round, especially if you accidentally double jump because whatever reason, and you're now KOS over a dumb misinput (accidentally pressing jump frames before hitting the platform in bunny hop) or because you just forgot that you weren't allowed.
Stuff like that happens all the time when warden says "No taunting" at the start of the round and then 5 minutes later a red decides to dance when told to afk freeze, except now even easier to mess up because all you did was hit the space bar while your feet weren't fully planted.

No offense to you, but as a scout main who plays on both teams a lot, this is not a good suggestion when it comes to balance. Scout is one of the few classes that might even need NERFS, not buffs.

Basically a free advantage over everyone in most minigames

B-hop, climb, obby and skill based games are just reduced significantly in difficulty for scouts who can double/triple jump
This is as simple as restricting the double/ triple jump, you just have to pay attention for scouts to ensure they dont triple jump.

as a scout main not being able to double jump on red is annoying and there are time where like if the double jump was added it would have helped so much plus blu already have crits they just need to wm1 so like this will benefit scouts to being able to get away instead of walking two inches and coming across a f2p or cough cough shit blues just wm1 you and be like your bad so double jumping would benefit and also warden can just say no double jumping

Reactions: Ian
I don't know if it was already suggested once before like a year ago, but I remember seeing somebody suggest allowing scouts to double jump after they rebel. Of course I don't know if that's possible with the plugin, judging that the plugin breaks every time someone sneezes. Regardless, I think this would be a great counterbalance between no double-jumps and always double-jumps for Reds.

This way, scouts doing minigames don't get an overpowered advantage. It can obviously be restricted, but if it isn't - which I bet many inexperienced, favoring, or unfun wardens will do - it would be practically unfair playing any other class for movement based minigames. As for scouts that rebel, they now get to use one of scout's primary abilities to their advantage. Since Blu scouts not only get double-jumps and a 100% crit-boosted gun, it'd only be fair to put Red scouts on a much more even playing field with the same level of movement and a not-100%-crit-boosted gun. If warden's dead, then jailbreak basically turns into casual TF2 except without Red pyro's airblasting abilities, which is a different discussion that I wish we talked about. For another time I guess.

I think for now just pick between the two options, if people choose to implement we can create another two-way poll, as not to split votes.

Honestly, this just seems like an unnecessary thing to add. Scouts as of now are really powerful rebelling classes. And a good scout can easily pick off a warden if he's smart enough.

I want to point to another suggestion as well

This suggestion will probably get accepted, and like I stated there, the element of suprise is the easiest way to kill blues

Personally I think if both of these suggestions got accepted that it would be really hard for newer Blu players to get adjusted to the game mode and probably just quit.

Also like Shybandit stated, there would be a considerably higher amount of scouts on Blu team. If the blue team wouldn't run scouts they would probably get overrun by rebelers (And I personally don't want to see jb turn into a competitive place)

ps. you can already do this with Boston basher, you just need to sacrifice health. which is waay more balanced in my personal opinion

• Indifferent
  • Agree
Reactions: Idiet, Ian and baby
First off rebelling in general on panda is THE HARDEST IN ANY JB SERVER OUT THERE.
You guys are acting as if it's easy to rebel as scout, which it isn't because of crits.
Yes scout is already the best class to rebel as (if that means anything?) but I am intrigued on how you can possibly buff other classes in the rebelling department... just give him a double jump.
Double jumping would serve as a useful utility and would give a much-needed help for reds as well as open up rebelling in different areas of a map, think of the possibilities with the use of a double jump.
If you don't want it restrict it, its a change that mainly should benefit rebellers.
Cool cool.

First off rebelling in general on panda is THE HARDEST IN ANY JB SERVER OUT THERE.
You guys are acting as if it's easy to rebel as scout, which it isn't because of crits.
Yes scout is already the best class to rebel as (if that means anything?) but I am intrigued on how you can possibly buff other classes in the rebelling department... just give him a double jump.
Double jumping would serve as a useful utility and would give a much-needed help for reds as well as open up rebelling in different areas of a map, think of the possibilities with the use of a double jump.
If you don't want it restrict it, its a change that mainly should benefit rebellers.
Cool cool.
I running off as scout isn't thst hard, the problem is when you get ammo and rebeler status appears. I really think if you want to benefit the rebelers just the no rebel status upon pickup should be enough.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Idiet and Ian
I running off as scout isn't thst hard,
If you’re seen you’re basically dead because of crits work and that’s how every class rebels anyway, scouts just have a major mobility advantage that is bare useful considering crits and fall off damage.

Reactions: LilSpaceMan and Ian
aight lemme throw my two 50cent coins in here, equalling 1 euro

Scouts shouldn't get the ability to double jump outside of being a rebeller, and as much as I skimmed, addster mentioned that.
The problem with giving scouts the ability to double jump right out of the gate gives them a massive advantage and would make them the absolute best class in the gamemode, to which no other class can compare, just due to the sheer mobility the class would get.

In comes the problem of warden restrictions on the scout mobility in minigames, just by having double jump available completely messes up scouts speedrunning ability, and some might double jump accidentally and die due to the restriction.

If we talk about the rebelling side of it, again, scout just being the best class to do that. You can mention that they die easily if spotted but...so do the other classes, and much more easier at that considering they wouldnt have the mobility to escape like scouts. Any good rebelling scout would be absolutely abusing the double jumps and thirdperson view.
From a balance point of view, this is horrible, completely blows the other classes out of the water and shouldn't be implemented UNLESS its rigged to be enabled upon rebelling.
All of this would just lead to scouts dominating the classes on red side.

~~If the rebelling status suggestion goes through along with this, they would just be extremely overpowered~~
Especially when snowday_better comes out

I did indeed mention this initially. Second to last line first post

Something I thought would always be a balanced change would be giving red scouts minus ONE jump. So with an atomizer equipped, they can DOUBLE jump, but not with any other weapon. This would force red scouts to give up the boston basher or wrap assassin to be able to double jump, but the option would still be there

If you’re seen you’re basically dead because of crits work and that’s how every class rebels anyway, scouts just have a major mobility advantage that is bare useful considering crits and fall off damage.
Bare useful? Quite literally the best class to rebel due to scout being really fast. Also I meant my sentence as that "He's the easiest to run away as already". Probably should have phrased this better.

Something I thought would always be a balanced change would be giving red scouts minus ONE jump. So with an atomizer equipped, they can DOUBLE jump, but not with any other weapon. This would force red scouts to give up the boston basher or wrap assassin to be able to double jump, but the option would still be there
This is a great idea tho, due to the low damage and the fact that you have it to have it out for you to double jump it wouldn't become and insane rebelling weapon

Also since it would only be atomizer users who could double jump, the argument of accidentally double jumping can be disregarded here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread