Completed Saxton suicide (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, short and simple I guess?

I know that FF2 has an anti suicide plugin, and I don't know why VSH doesn't. Use that!

• Useful
Reactions: Dr. Eggman
We had to start banning players with a shortban after everyone started with suiciding as hale 24/7, so this would really fit.

Yes!

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
That will only stimulate them to stand still and let people farm them. Wastes more time because people are surprisingly bad at killing a player who isn't fighting, and lets people farm GameME points. I feel like this is just removing one problem only to make way for another.

• Agree
Reactions: Hellboy
I actually dont want to join in to this,but it looks like i have to.
I think the problem is that people that sometimes dont play Hale,and forget to resetq,usually then either act like they are ded.avi or they just leave or suicide or qgn2wohoeajnhea.
Id rather make (some or the) "Dont forget to Resetq if you dont want to play hale!" appear in the chat,and not when you are just 1 milisec away from becoming the next boss.
and add some type of plugin that if the game detects the player suicides as hale,they will be warned through a message,then (bans or gameMEH warnings or your choice).

feel free to release some salt.

I actually dont want to join in to this,but it looks like i have to.
I think the problem is that people that sometimes dont play Hale,and forget to resetq,usually then either act like they are ded.avi or they just leave or suicide or qgn2wohoeajnhea.
Id rather make (some or the) "Dont forget to Resetq if you dont want to play hale!" appear in the chat,and not when you are just 1 milisec away from becoming the next boss.
and add some type of plugin that if the game detects the player suicides as hale,they will be warned through a message,then (bans or gameMEH warnings or your choice).

feel free to release some salt.

I hope you realise that when I was admin with the rest of the team, we used our «use resetq if you don’t wanna be hale» all the time. Not only when round ended. If you did not notice, now is the time to start read chat.
Also, we did use /csay quite often aswell.

Theres no need to add a plugin IMO, as it’s not that difficult for an admin to kick. I know this is a problem when admin’s are offline, but it is 5 admin’s, so the chance of all being offline is rather small.

• Agree
Reactions: Hellboy
My idea was, since people forget to type /resetq before they become hale and cause problems (gameme farm,wasted time etc.), also mentioned by dufft above, to change the resetq command into disable hale, like in ff2, where you can choose to disable hale and never be one, so you dont have to remind yourself every start of a new map to /resetq if you dont wanna become hale ( and also enable hale ofc). If this however doesnt work scratch the idea.

• Agree
My idea was, since people forget to type /resetq before they become hale and cause problems (gameme farm,wasted time etc.), also mentioned by dufft above, to change the resetq command into disable hale, like in ff2, where you can choose to disable hale and never be one, so you dont have to remind yourself every start of a new map to /resetq if you dont wanna become hale ( and also enable hale ofc). If this however doesnt work scratch the idea.

There is a plugin that lets you disable you being chosen as hale (though it's not on panda sadly) that would be smart to implement. I wouldn't go as far though as to remove resetq because maybe someone does want to play hale, but after their friend or something.

• Agree
It's a thing on FF2 that you can set yourself never to be picked as the boss in the queue.
Is there any particular reason why it cannot be in vsh as well? I would assume the plugin would be about the same?

It's a thing on FF2 that you can set yourself never to be picked as the boss in the queue.
Is there any particular reason why it cannot be in vsh as well? I would assume the plugin would be about the same?

FF2 has the natives to do this easily. VSH doesn't, making it more of a pain. Not that it's impossible to do, just more of a nuisance. But is this really the main reason why hales suicide / go afk?

Thing is then...Who will be willing to do the plugin for us for this to happen?
If we can't find somebody willing, we can't make this happen.

But is this really the main reason why hales suicide / go afk?

I'd say 80% of suicides is to not be hale and 20% because they actually have to leave/disconnect.

The AFK part is more like 50/50 on who's actually AFK and those who just go AFK when hale.

• Informative
Reactions: TBotV63
I believe I've received word that @TBotV63 is willing to do this.
If Kevin has the time and so does tbot, it's possible this could be done.

I've placed it into the list, I would love to see this feature added.
Thank you for the suggestion ::):

Reactions: TBotV63 and Furken
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread