Declined Rule regarding this situation with custom LRs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Despite what you may think, I'm not suggesting something to came to my mind again, despite being related to my recently declined suggestion. This is something that @scootyman brought to my attention.

A couple days ago I made a widely-disapproved suggestion about doing custom LRs received on the last day of one map being done on the first regular round of the next map. I made that suggestion under the belief of custom LRs not carrying over to the next map.

As it turns out, there IS a way to get a custom LR received on the last round of a map to carry over to the next map: If the RED who receives LR on the last round chooses custom LR, then waits for the first day freeday of the next map to type their LR, they can get their LR to carry over to the first regular round. This recently happened, however people we're arguing whether or not warden should have to do it, further not helped by the fact it's not mentioned in the rules. Yes, as it turns out, the very thing I suggested that people were very largely against has a secret method of being able to be done.

This poll is asking you guys what should be the fate of custom LRs that carry over using this trick. One of the counterarguments given to my suggestion was that custom LRs not carrying over allows a break in LR chains; this trick would be able to get around that and could be used to truly cause infinite chains (rare as that scenario would probably be).

Credit to @scootyman for telling me about this.

I mean if it shows up to most of the players seems simple enough to allow them to follow through with the LR.

Warden should decide if they want to reset though.

• Dislike
Reactions: _Black
Seems like abusing a bug
I think this would
A : Lead to alot of confusion as to where that lr came from and wether its valid or not (alot of arguing)

B : People not knowing how this can be done except for a select few

C : Puts those with bad pc rigs in a disadvantage because they often dont manage to load in before first day

D : Maps should always start with 1 Neutral round imo, simply to leave all possibilities open and give everyone a fair chance of either rebelling or getting lr

E : Also I wouldnt want to start a map by some shitty Friendly fire all day killing kos

This “trick” is abusing an exploit with the plugin.

Declined

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: Xergon and _Black
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread