Declined Replace map "ba_hopjb_v8" with map "ba_jail_hopjb_b5" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhuman

Hello, this is a suggestion that will hopefully reach out to the JB vets out there.

As of right now, we currently have two separate versions of hopjb on our servers. Both versions were updated by Buns, who has done a great job on both accounts. The only thing I request is the removal of v8, in exchange for an alternate version known as b5, originally created by theodoeshutup, also known as Theodore. The reason I ask for these changes is because the two current versions of hopjb that we have are too similar. The version I ask for has some key differences that create a nice, nostalgic tone to players who played this map many years ago. I feel this map will help create a larger separation between the two maps we currently have, and showcase the ideas and concepts that the original creator had for this map. I've added some screenshots in the spoilers below as reference to get the feel for the map. You can also check it out on Gamebanana.

I have stated the key difference between v8 and b5 for reference.
  • The Cell Area has been redesigned.
  • Obby has been redesigned.
  • Rock Paper Scissors and Tic Tac Toe now replace Strafe Race.
  • A Piano has replaced Dodgeball.
  • Hide and Go Boom has replaced Danger Below.
  • Climb has been removed.
  • Disco is redesigned, with different music.
  • Prop Dodge is "under construction" and is currently closed and non-functional.
  • Burger King is now known as "Los Pollos Hermanos," and can no longer be accessed from the inside.

Cell Area​

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Outside​

1644829004989.png

Screenshot_4.png

Minigames​

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_11.png

Extras​

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_12.png

Thank you for viewing, please let me know what you think.

You also forgot to mention Stairway to Heaven is not there and the area with it is completely closed off.
But TBH I wouldn't really be against adding this version, even if I do prefer v8 over it.

Reactions: iamhuman
You also forgot to mention Stairway to Heaven is not there and the area with it is completely closed off.
But TBH I wouldn't really be against adding this version, even if I do prefer v8 over it.
Thanks for reminding me about Stairway to Heaven, it's too late to edit my post.

hop v8 already gets enough complaints about "why do we have this" I honestly think this would worsen this problem considering this version of the map has even less games with some of them not even working properly not to mention I think you underestimate how many like hopjb for being "the burger king map".

While it would be good for the nostalgia I don't think it would be good in the long term especially if hopjb v11 is still in rotation, or god forbid all 3 of them.

hop v8 already gets enough complaints about "why do we have this" I honestly think this would worsen this problem considering this version of the map has even less games with some of them not even working properly not to mention I think you underestimate how many like hopjb for being "the burger king map".

While it would be good for the nostalgia I don't think it would be good in the long term especially if hopjb v11 is still in rotation, or god forbid all 3 of them.
I respect the opinion you have, and it truly does speak for most if not all of the community.

I've always had an obsession with playing Jailbreak like it used to be many years ago, which is really the reason why I posted this thread.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
Man speaking of, We played this like days ago and I really loved the obby( especially the water maze part), Piano and RPS, Damn if we could put those in v8 it would be perfect, But alas, b5 would definitely be a better change of pace than v8 imo

• Love
So at first I thought 'why are we taking a step back'. Read semi's comment and went 'yeah voting keep'.

But then I looked at the screenshots and man...That takes me back. Look it's club octagon! And the piano! Los pollos!

Does it really fit the style of current jb players though...It is still a step back given how far that map has come with improvements. Am I just blinded by nostalgia wanting this map in rotation :pepe: So I've kept my vote. But thank you for putting up this suggestion as it took me back!

As much as I enjoyed playing the older version when I was a much younger lad, the improvements and increased amount of games that are provided in v8 and v11 far outweigh the nostalgia of v5. Climb is one of the biggest minigames on hopjb, removing it seems sacrilegious, same with replacing three large group minigames with limited player minigames. A lack of minigames to play with large groups of people will easily get repetitive and boring, despite how iconic hopjb is in general

Reactions: Bananawastaken
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread