Declined Remove +use from jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

There is a plugin that would make me like +use but its private, this plugin tracks button presses in console. Currently if someone uses +use to button grief its near untraceable since there is no evidence of the usage, it can bypass team filters on a few maps, leads to free killing by blues who kill the wrong guy, all around the only benefit is allowing people to press buttons slightly faster, along with the ability to move soccer balls, and weapons in funny ways, I think it causes more hurt than help, hence unless a fix is made it should go.

YES YES YES YES YES

I don't see any value in this function and it's only use has been to button grief and avoid detection by doing so.

It needs to go.

• Dumb
Reactions: Walfools
It makes it harder to find button griefers on blu, so big yes

I use +use for a good laugh sometimes and even I agree it should go.

It could easily lead to freekills in places like jeaopardy as well as general griefing from blus and reds.

No because it’s our god given right to grief with the buttons. And if the blus are having trouble with it, they can shoo them away from the button by telling them to get away from the button, and it’s their fault if they get shot after that, there’s better ways to deal with it than just removing the feature all together, plus it may stop access to some +use only secrets in some maps.

for example, Semicolon’s Oranger Admin room is only useable with +use. Taking away the feature would remove the use of that secret entirely for admins.

Write a plugin that tracks button uses then and shows them to admins for example, that is the easiest fix. Button griefing is the biggest problem with this, and unless a plugin is written to make it not a problem, I still vote to remove it.
No because it’s our god given right to grief with the buttons. And if the blus are having trouble with it, they can shoo them away from the button by telling them to get away from the button, and it’s their fault if they get shot after that, there’s better ways to deal with it than just removing the feature all together, plus it may stop access to some +use only secrets in some maps.

Reactions: Kyro
I tend to restrict it because allowing it in games like trivia is very unfair. Although restricting it can work, it's still a little bit of a problem in my opinion.

Judging many Blus don't understand what +use is and will shoot a Red for "hitting a button" when they didn't or not shooting a Red because they don't know what's happening or who's hitting the button, I think removing it would be an easy fix. Also, it can be used in places it shouldn't, such as Blus being able to hit the ball on the ba_hop soccer; there's probably other examples of this.

It doesn't feel like a game feature and more a special exclusive mechanic for people who know how to assign keybinds. It is funny, but it can abused for too many things.

I tend to restrict it because allowing it in games like trivia is very unfair. Although restricting it can work, it's still a little bit of a problem in my opinion.

Judging many Blus don't understand what +use is and will shoot a Red for "hitting a button" when they didn't or not shooting a Red because they don't know what's happening or who's hitting the button, I think removing it would be an easy fix. Also, it can be used in places it shouldn't, such as Blus being able to hit the ball on the ba_hop soccer; there's probably other examples of this.

It doesn't feel like a game feature and more a special exclusive mechanic for people who know how to assign keybinds. It is funny, but it can abused for too many things.
Thats exactly what the issue is, many times I for example have been shot for +using a button I didn't +use, this type of order is exactly what unintentionally causes freekilling of reds. Ive seen reds flick their camera so fast that their model doesnt move but their neighbors button is pressed, and their neighbor gets freekilled for +using in trivia.

even though I haven't played JB in months, I believe this should be removed as I have seen one too many freekills on a red who has no idea what crouch walking is when someone +used a door button and they get killed for supposedly pressing it, and I have seen on occasion 2 or 3 people on blue use this to mess with the round and lead to fail rounds on multiple occasions

Restricting it does nothing. if you give the order as a blue and someone +uses it via a camera flick, you can't trace it, it isn't recorded in console, and their model didn't update, what exactly does that achieve. It looks to me like you aren't reading what I posted, and you are trying to defend something for the reason of it being funny, and not advantageous to have within our server due to its glaring flaws, which were overlooked upon its addition.

it can bypass team filters on a few maps
This can easily be patched via stripper:source, I know the hop's have this problem but if any other map suffers from this let me know I can crank out a fix in like 5 minutes.

I can also use stripper to disable +use on problematic buttons (such as trivia buttons or bkm button) as well if its seen as that big of an issue which it seems to be.

Reactions: Onyx and Madact
Write a plugin that tracks button uses then and shows them to admins for example, that is the easiest fix. Button griefing is the biggest problem with this, and unless a plugin is written to make it not a problem, I still vote to remove it.
I’m not a coder though 😆 ask Berke or another good coder to make a plugin to do that. Otherwise I think that it’s okay to keep it. For trivia buttons though, I do think that they can be restricted of +use map by map basis using their names. Those are the only big problems I see with the +use but other than that +use should stay.

Restricting it does nothing. if you give the order as a blue and someone +uses it via a camera flick, you can't trace it, it isn't recorded in console, and their model didn't update, what exactly does that achieve. It looks to me like you aren't reading what I posted, and you are trying to defend something for the reason of it being funny, and not advantageous to have within our server due to its glaring flaws, which were overlooked upon its addition.
you can trace it in the context of minigames such as trivia where it could be seen as an issue. other than that i havnt seen +use being an issue other than funny soccer ball

you can trace it in the context of minigames such as trivia where it could be seen as an issue. other than that i havnt seen +use being an issue other than funny soccer ball
you can press the buttons on other reds' podiums, and that could get a red unfairly killed if the warden said no prematurely hitting the button, literally happened to me yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread