Declined Remove rebel status (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already know the vast majority of the opinions are already gonna call this a failed suggestion or something, but that's been a pattern I've caught on with a lot of JB suggestions that reside on stripping away a bit of the overwhelming power Guards have over at Panda. Most of the people who frequent the forums here play exclusively Guard only, and that's ok since I do as well, but what I'm getting at here is that it's been painfully clear that Guards for a while now have IMMENSE control over the prisoners, more so than any other server I can find. Perma crits, rebel status both visually and logged in chat, can't hit baiters, RED Scouts restricted of double jumping, etc. Most of rebelling here is completely degraded to having some suicidal prisoner throw their life away to crit check the warden in order to force a freeday, which can already be easily avoided anyways, but that's not the issue here.

What I purpose is to at least remove rebel statuses entirely. Why should a prisoner who successfully got away from multiple crit-infused Guards be punished for picking up ammo from armory or just ammo in general on the map? And I don't want any excuses here along the lines of "oh but Guards don't really keep track of that stuff" because they do and I've witnessed it multiple times. There's some kinda perception going on with a lot of Guards here as well who justify the power they have over prisoners simply because they suck without it, and I find that to be completely stupid because not only are the people who say that literally veteran players who've also mained Guard pretty much the entire time, but also there's literally a shit ton of very, very competent Guards who know the basics of JB on the back of their palms, some even specializing in specifically hunting rebellers as they roam around the map like some kinda bounty hunters. It's all a stupid argument revolving around how they shouldn't actually try to play as a Guard because Jailbreak is supposed to be a gamemode that should be balanced for both teams, not just favoured for one, and I feel like simply taking away rebel statuses should at least be enough to keep both sides balanced and happy enough. Another factor that I haven't mentioned yet that would benefit prisoners with this change would be allowing them to freely hit baiters seeing as they wouldn't have a rebel status anymore, but they can still be regarded as KOS if caught doing so.

Overall, I truly and already don't see this change being approved seeing the nature of the forums here, but at the very least I can convince some of the Guard-only guys here that their class is a bit overtuned for the liking, which can already been seen by the dozens of forum suggestions about nerfing Guards here. Feedback is appreciated.

Just to clarify, are you asking for the red aura that signifies a rebeller to be removed or just rebel status entirely?

Just to clarify, are you asking for the red aura that signifies a rebeller to be removed or just rebel status entirely?
Rebel status entirely, or if possible just the logs you see in chat that someone has rebelled. I'm fine with keeping the red aura, they don't do much harm overall and can be of extreme help for Guards to catch any prisoners hitting baiters without the use of logs at least.

In my opinion, the way that rebelling is treated in panda shouldn't be compared to other servers. There's one big difference between panda and lets say wonderland. You cannot rewarden. Once a warden dies from a rebeller thats the end of warden for that round. And I feel like the balance around this is very good, if non competent red players could kill the warden then the game mode wouldn't be fun. (Also the satisfaction of killing warden wouldn't be as immense)

I feel like the fact that blues get notified if someone grabs ammo is good, since there are maps that have insanely long sightlines, corners where someone could be camping and other general ways to catch the warden off guard. And I think that rebeler status is one thing that helps keep track of reds a lot, if there are 10 scouts who all have the wrap assassin and are spamming balls, how are the guards gonna know which ones are the ones who hit them? I feel like this would end with reds being unjustly killed.

I personally enjoy the rebel status, it’s only a few seconds long for the aura anyways. And are guards just supposed to look at a rebeller like addsters meme? Anyways I don’t see an overall point to the suggestion but I am open to any other perspective that may justify it.

Attachments

• FBE59F8F-FE53-4885-8302-0006A16F2BE9.jpeg
    FBE59F8F-FE53-4885-8302-0006A16F2BE9.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 58
In my opinion, the way that rebelling is treated in panda shouldn't be compared to other servers. There's one big difference between panda and lets say wonderland. You cannot rewarden. Once a warden dies from a rebeller thats the end of warden for that round. And I feel like the balance around this is very good, if non competent red players could kill the warden then the game mode wouldn't be fun. (Also the satisfaction of killing warden wouldn't be as immense)

I feel like the fact that blues get notified if someone grabs ammo is good, since there are maps that have insanely long sightlines, corners where someone could be camping and other general ways to catch the warden off guard. And I think that rebeler status is one thing that helps keep track of reds a lot, if there are 10 scouts who all have the wrap assassin and are spamming balls, how are the guards gonna know which ones are the ones who hit them? I feel like this would end with reds being unjustly killed.
There's been talks about allowing blus to rewarden in the future which should honestly already exist, and the argument that REDs grabbing ammo is again punishing them for even rebelling to begin with since they're by default at a disadvantage as they are against crits. 10 scouts spamming balls with the wrap assassin is completely unrealistic and can just be regarded as coordinated rebelling as well which is honestly a very odd argument. I'm fine with keeping the aura though, but I don't think BLUs should get the added benefit of knowing exactly who's rebelling at any time as they're already carrying a lot of upsides that leaves REDs to desperately force anything by crit checking up close and personal.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mark!
If that's the case then no, I disagree

The reason why we don't allow hitting baiters is it causes guards to play sherlock Holmes and argue if the red was "forcebaiting" "regular baiting" ect. Just having rebel status being auto KOS in my opinion removes any doubt and is easy to follow.

Panda doesn't have rewarden, so killing just one guard can swing the round in a reds favor, i think it's balanced the way it is and removing rebel status will just cause the same issues as allowing reds to hit baiters.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the suggestion.

There's been talks about allowing blus to rewarden in the future
When/if the change is implemented, warden's will not be able to freely rewarden upon warden's death, only when the previous warden resigns before cells open.

When/if the change is implemented, warden's will not be able to freely rewarden upon warden's death, only when the previous warden resigns within the first minute of the round.
So crit checking should be the only reliable way of rebelling and trying to stay even against component Guards? I really do believe BLUs should be able to rewarden if that's the only justification for them to keep a lot of their benefits.

So crit checking should be the only reliable way of rebelling and trying to stay even against component Guards? I really do believe BLUs should be able to rewarden if that's the only justification for them to keep a lot of their benefits.
If you think critchecking the warden is the only way to rebel then i think you're a terrible red imo.

If you think critchecking the warden is the only way to rebel then i think you're a terrible red imo.
Against component guards, pretty much yeah. It's why a lot of maps like OPST are really reliant on some random guy like a boston basher Scout or a whip Soldier bombrushing the warden to force rebelling. LIke I said before I really only play as a Guard.

I will clarify myself more since I didn't get the point across. They may only rewarden if cells haven't opened I did not mean the first minute of the round.

I will clarify myself more since I didn't get the point across. They may only rewarden if cells haven't opened I did not mean the first minute of the round.
What I'm saying is that rewardening in general should exist throughout the match if it comes at the cost of all these upsides Guards have honestly. That suggestion should be as a separate post though I think, but it helps my argument.

Removing the rebel Status entirely might seem like a good idea in ur mind, in reality.... its not.
How to exploit it --> go Wrap assassin scout
> have 12 of them
> all rebel but wait (you cant tell who it was XD)
> you get pissed off and shot someone you suspect the most
> he wasnt rebelling
> !calladmin
> Report on forums
> guardbanned

PS : but guards dont realy check chat...
+I always count the reds and i swear to god if one of those guys is missing i travel across the entire map just to find him

Correct me if im wrong or just do the casual ???

I might not play JB here but I do have a lot of playtime on JB not just in TF2 and I think the suggestion's good, keep the aura but remove the chat message. The argument of oh there's a lot of sightlines on some maps and if warden is killed it's FD just isn't very valid if the guards/warden are a bit competent and keep track of how many reds they have(it's not that hard). As I said tho I don't really play JB here since I can't stand high ping, but I've a ton of hours on JB overall.

If that's the case then no, I disagree

The reason why we don't allow hitting baiters is it causes guards to play sherlock Holmes and argue if the red was "forcebaiting" "regular baiting" ect. Just having rebel status being auto KOS in my opinion removes any doubt and is easy to follow.

Panda doesn't have rewarden, so killing just one guard can swing the round in a reds favor, i think it's balanced the way it is and removing rebel status will just cause the same issues as allowing reds to hit baiters.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the suggestion.
Hitting BLUs = KOS to matter what, what I'm saying is that REDs can have the OPTION to actually go and hit baiters as an act to rebel since rebel status logs wouldn't keep track of it. Also I really hate this whole "rewarden is gone so it's ok" argument because you're pushing rebelling to be some kinda dicks out rush involving 1 or 2 suicidal but fast REDs to crit check the Guards and especially the warden to try and force an automatic freeday. There's no swinging the favour for REDs if the warden is already dead since the round's already over at that point. It's a caveman sorta gameplay that I really don't like to see it being called the best way to rebel here.

Removing the rebel Status entirely might seem like a good idea in ur mind, in reality.... its not.
How to exploit it --> go Wrap assassin scout
> have 12 of them
> all rebel but wait (you cant tell who it was XD)
> you get pissed off and shot someone you suspect the most
> he wasnt rebelling
> !calladmin
> Report on forums
> guardbanned

PS : but guards dont realy check chat...
+I always count the reds and i swear to god if one of those guys is missing i travel across the entire map just to find him

Correct me if im wrong or just do the casual ???
Already assuming there's gonna be 12 wrap assassin scouts ready to go is just being stupid lol, that's not gonna happen every single round and you know that. Maybe for a few rounds for shits 'n giggles, but like I said before I'm fine with keeping the rebel aura to differentiate who got the hit in.

What I'm saying is that rewardening in general should exist throughout the match if it comes at the cost of all these upsides Guards have honestly. That suggestion should be as a separate post though I think, but it helps my argument.
The rewardening rule is the main difference of panda and different servers, most of panda players enjoy playing this ruleset cause it's a different way of playing jb. I personally can't stand playing wonderland and other serves which allow hitting baiters and rewardening since its so chaotic for me. And I feel like other players on panda can relate to that.

Already assuming there's gonna be 12 wrap assassin scouts ready to go is just being stupid lol, that's not gonna happen every single round and you know that. Maybe for a few rounds for shits 'n giggles, but like I said before I'm fine with keeping the rebel aura to differentiate who got the hit in.
This does happen more often than you think, also it's gonna happen a lot more if this gets implemented.

This does happen more often than you think, also it's gonna happen a lot more if this gets implemented.
But he's suggesting to remove the chat alert, not the glow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread