Declined Remove random crits/random bullet spread from 2fort (1 Viewer)

Remove random crits/random bullet spread from 2fort?

• Remove Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just remove random crits

• Just remove random bullet spread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananawastaken

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Random crits are simply unfun and unfair to fight against, while yes the server is a casual one for goofing off. Random crits proactively conflict with that entierly.

What are the pros of having them exactly?
It feels good to instantly kill a group of players undeservedly

The cons?
-It's unfair and completely invalidates skill and player knowledge of the game
-Reinforces bad and simply dumb habits
-The game is already chaotic with an already cramped and poorly designed map, random crits do not add to that and take away from the overall enjoyment of other players.
-They a completely outdated and meaningless mechanic, the game has evolved over the past decade.
-Crits do not add anything whatsoever, getting one hit by a sniper as a scout isn't charming.
-Because of how they work (as your damage ramps up so do your chances of getting a crit) they punish new players and aid that unusual wearing australium BlackBox soldier walking all over them.

It does feel good to kill someone, but there are overwhelmingly negative thoughts that weigh against it, its unfair for the player killed, the player getting the kill would feel like they don't deserve it in the first place and as I said before it basically takes actual skill, game sense, PVP skills, and positioning and throws all of that in the trash, this is especially egregious considering the game and its incredibly high skill ceiling and learning curve , its one of the reasons why TF2 is special in the first place and makes it so unique to other hero shooters. The fact that you're constantly improving and finding new ways to play the game.
You can see WHY random crits suck so bad as a result of it.
And no they do not make the game unique and interesting., PVP games shouldn't introduce an element of luck, especially if it's skill-based.
I understand that it's casual but casual doesn't equal to unfair randomness that's completely unfun and ruins the enjoyment of the game entirely.

Remember getting rid of randomness doesn't make casual a poor mans comp either, it can still be wacky and goofy allowing you to still joke around and have fun without the chances of you getting sniped by a heavy.
Please consider removing them.
If you do have any gripes or would like to argue with any of my points please feel free to do so.

Thanks for reading

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelowchy
No.

Casual doesn't mean there should be a place for randomness and unfair mechanics that RUIN the overall enjoyment

Being killed unfairly certain ruins the enjoyment of the game don't you think
And I was playing on the server today and people were complaining about it

Being killed unfairly certain ruins the enjoyment of the game don't you think
And I was playing on the server today and people were complaining about it
It’s been a while since I’ve personally seen people complain about random crits at 2Fort. Looking at at the 2Fort chatlogs I can count 3 locals who have complained about random crits the last month. And while yes, random crits are at their core unfair. Many people see them as a part of the game and would miss them if they got removed.

I Agree with Yelowchy opinion
I really don't want the random Crits GONE from 2fort because I just love regular 2fort.
Personally Random crit isn't an issue who regularly play Panda 2fort.
If you want to play without crits as yelowchy stated...
2Fort is a casual area. If you absolutely want to play without crits, try MGE.

• Agree
Many people see them as a part of the game and would miss them if they got removed.
Are you trying to imply people see random crits as an integral part of the game?
To get an idea of what the community wants I'll add a poll because why not.

If you absolutely want to play without crits, try MGE
But I like casual 12V12 TF2, its fun. Yeah I enjoy casual and MGE but they're both fun for different reasons and you shouldn't be confined to one part of the game just because of an unfair outdated poorly designed mechanic that has no benefits whatsoever.
Which is exactly my point, I shouldn't be forced to play an entirely different mode to avoid the nuances of crits, especially if players such as myself want to have a relaxed casual experience.

• Dislike
The system of random crits was changed recently which stops the allowed crit rate at 12% meaning that if you do 850 damage in 20 seconds you can have a 12% chance of dealing random crits. This helps with hitscan weapons rather than projectile. Projectile weapons with random crits are wildly overpowered and if there is a way to change it I would suggest a table like this:

Scout:
Random criticals are relaced with random mini crits.

Soldier:
Random criticals are removed from all rocket launchers but kept on shotgun

Pyro:
Random criticals are removed from all flamethrowers but kept on shotguns and flares.

Demoman:
Random criticals are replaced with random mini crits for grenade launcher. Random crits are removed from all sticky launchers

Heavy:
Remove random crits from minigun but kept on shotguns

Engineer:
Keep random crits on shotguns but remove on melee.

Medic:
Random crits are replaced with random mini crits for syringe guns and melee

Sniper:
Reduce sniper rifle weapon damage on a quick scope to force a sniper to actually charge the shot

The system of random crits was changed recently which stops the allowed crit rate at 12% meaning that if you do 850 damage in 20 seconds you can have a 12% chance of dealing random crits. This helps with hitscan weapons rather than projectile. Projectile weapons with random crits are wildly overpowered and if there is a way to change it I would suggest a table like this:

Scout:
Random criticals are relaced with random mini crits.

Soldier:
Random criticals are removed from all rocket launchers but kept on shotgun

Pyro:
Random criticals are removed from all flamethrowers but kept on shotguns and flares.

Demoman:
Random criticals are replaced with random mini crits for grenade launcher. Random crits are removed from all sticky launchers

Heavy:
Remove random crits from minigun but kept on shotguns

Engineer:
Keep random crits on shotguns but remove on melee.

Medic:
Random crits are replaced with random mini crits for syringe guns and melee

Sniper:
Reduce sniper rifle weapon damage on a quick scope to force a sniper to actually charge the shot
Agree with them all except the sniper one. (It would cause the sniper mains to flee the server)

I've created a poll for this, please vote.

Looking at what loli police has listed, although we appreciate the effort and thought process behind, it's a lot of effort over something that could just be removed all together. Plus I can't imagine that happening, no offence to your suggestion. It might(idk if it is) be the most ideal suggestion but that's never going to happen.

Edit: The polls wants to keep things as they currently are, declined.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Heratade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread