Declined Remove jb_complex (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Meatloaf

The recent suggestion about removing jb_volcano reminded me of a different map that desperately needs to be removed, jb_complex.

This was suggested last year, around 9 months ago and there was a slim majority in favor of keeping the map. Since I started playing on jailbreak again I've seen jb_complex rarely played, and always RTV'd when we play the map, so I decided to see if people were interested in removing this map again.

Why the map should be removed.

-The map is very rarely played. Despite being on this server for over a year, jb_complex is rank #25 in terms of kills on HLStats which is a pretty good indication of how little the map is played.

-The map is AWFUL. While noting about the map is inherently offensive, the map looks ugly, it's bland, and the map has awful minigames, with no gimmick to set it apart from other maps making it easily the most forgettable jb map.

-Removing this map will stop it from appearing in the map voting menu. This is in my opinion the best argument for actually removing a map. Removing this map from our rotation will stop it from appearing when voting for maps and will stop people from voting it "for the memes."

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. Maybe people still like complex and just don't vote for it, or maybe you guys agree and we should remove it from the map pool. Please vote, and let me know your thoughts below.

It may not be played as much or has terrible lighting, but damn it’s fun to play on

also funny guaranteed crit secret

Reactions: Ura and bap!
Yeah... I guess I really misjudged public opinion on this map. I thought almost everybody hated it. I still wonder why it's never voted for if this many people actually like the map but whatever.

JB regulars having a contest on who’s got the wrongest opinions

Complex is a really good map that gets hate because it doesn't look great. It has some really solid mini games and plays really well. I wish there were more ammo locations, but it plays well and it is pretty fun map that people decide to rtv every single time.

Reactions: Ura and salguod

-The map is very rarely played. Despite being on this server for over a year, jb_complex is rank #25 in terms of kills on HLStats which is a pretty good indication of how little the map is played.
-The map is AWFUL. While noting about the map is inherently offensive, the map looks ugly, it's bland, and the map has awful minigames, with no gimmick to set it apart from other maps making it easily the most forgettable jb map.

There are other maps which fall into this category (albany, fuckzz, bricks) should we remove them as well? I also disagree with you on the minigames, complex's minigame selection is solid (minus the disco) and the rifle dodge on the map is a great version of awp dodge I wish more maps had. And personally I think complex actually looks pretty decent compared to other jb maps (albany, fuckzz, casuarina, orange, etc.).

The map just has too much wasted space imo, and obby start is awful. Other than that I think it's a decent map with fun secrets.

• Agree
Reactions: Solo
remove complex?

fuck no

• Informative
Reactions: Tar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread