Duplicate Rebel status should be removed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already know the vast majority of the opinions are already gonna call this a failed suggestion or something, but that's been a pattern I've caught on with a lot of JB suggestions that reside on stripping away a bit of the overwhelming power Guards have over at Panda. Most of the people who frequent the forums here play exclusively Guard only, and that's ok since I do as well, but what I'm getting at here is that it's been painfully clear that Guards for a while now have IMMENSE control over the prisoners, more so than any other server I can find. Perma crits, rebel status both visually and logged in chat, can't hit baiters, RED Scouts restricted of double jumping, etc. Most of rebelling here is completely degraded to having some suicidal prisoner throw their life away to crit check the warden in order to force a freeday, which can already be easily avoided anyways, but that's not the issue here.

What I propose is to remove rebel statuses entirely. Why should a prisoner who successfully got away from multiple crit-infused Guards be punished for picking up ammo from armory or just ammo in general on the map by having their status notified? And I don't want any excuses here along the lines of "oh but Guards don't really keep track of that stuff" because they do and I've witnessed it multiple times. There's some kinda perception going on with a lot of Guards here as well who justify the power they have over prisoners simply because they suck without it, and I find that to be completely stupid because not only are the people who say that literally veteran players who've also mained Guard pretty much the entire time, but also there's literally a shit ton of very, very competent Guards who know the basics of JB on the back of their palms, some even specializing in specifically hunting rebellers as they roam around the map like some kinda bounty hunters. It's all a stupid argument revolving around how they shouldn't actually try to play as a Guard even though Jailbreak is supposed to be a gamemode that should be balanced for both teams, not just favoured for one, and I feel like simply taking away rebel statuses should at least be enough to keep both sides balanced and happy enough. Another factor that I haven't mentioned yet that would benefit prisoners with this change would be allowing them to freely hit baiters seeing as they wouldn't have a rebel status anymore, but they can still be regarded as KOS if caught doing so.

Overall, I truly and already don't see this change being approved seeing the nature of the forums here (I'm pretty much voting for democrat in Wyoming at this point), but at the very least I can convince some of the Guard-only guys here that their class is a bit overtuned for the liking, which can already been seen by the dozens of forum suggestions about nerfing Guards here. Feedback is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread