Declined Random Coffee Table's Admin Application (#1) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Coffee Table

Salutations, I am Random Coffee Table (more likely than not), anti pie?, bacon, and random meme names that I'll run if it fits the occasion (usually only a couple rounds, for example, I'd quote "I hate sand, it is coarse, and irritating, and it gets everywhere" by changing it over the course of a few rounds).

Basic Prerequisites before reading what will probably be an incoming text wall.

1.) I am 19 years old, despite the fact that I sound younger than Chipz.

2.) Stead id: STEAM_1:0:443146715

3.) This is a 2 parter: right now really only some evenings and consistently Saturday and sometimes Sunday evenings. However, once school starts back up again, I am available more in the afternoon/ early evening, depending on classes. My timezone is EST.

4.) I am applying for the NY Jailbreak server, and I'm 99.985% sure that I have more than 72 hours on the server. I would only join another server is the infringement was related to general Panda rules, as I do not know the rest of the servers well enough to ban and would not want to ban people incorrectly due to my lack of experience on other servers.

5.) I do have a microphone, but the difficulty is that I don't always have one readily available due to general rules at my household, as the other members of my family find it annoying when I'm talking on mic, so unless I am alone/ later at night, microphone use is limited. The same goes for school, because out of respect for my classmates, I don't want to distract them while they are studying. And unfortunately, I would not change be able to change, either because of house rules or my classmates, if I became an admin. I understand that this might make me unable to become an admin, but I would like to help the server be as enjoyable as possible.

6.) I do not have experience as an in game admin, but I have past experiences as a forum moderator for a different game, and made sure that when I dealt with a problem, I did it in a respectful way so as to not antagonize the person breaking the rules. After all, someone is more likely to follow the rules if the person correcting isn't extremely rude.

7.) I have not experience with sourcemod outside of the basic /gag, mute, kick, slay. However, I'd be open to learning the intricacies to best handle a situation

8.) The main reason why I would be a good member of the admin crew is my high understanding of the rules and desire for them to enforced whenever possible. Many times that I play, specifically early afternoon and later at night, there are rarely admins online and mass chaos is allowed reign as the blus don't know the rules or have a blatant disregard for them as they came from other servers and don't care about the major changes that Panda has. I often find myself trying to explain the rules to others, whether it is in vain or not, so that the other participants can enjoy the game mode to its fullest extent. I am quick to accept my mistakes when I mistake them, and I'm willing to take feedback on my actions to better serve the, well, server. I have read of the rules for the game many times, and know them inside and out, including a good chunk of the more vague ones, ie what exactly constitutes cheating a game mode, the sub-rules for each mini game, and the have a good understanding of user created mini games and where they can/ cannot take place. Furthermore, I already know 3/4 of the current admin well (sorry PNN), and have played rounds with all of four and have a good idea of how they deal with problematic players. I would like to be able to get to know all of them better while supporting one of my favorite modes in the game.

9.) A general overview of rules. If I happened to miss any rules here, or did not make it clear what I was referencing, please, let me know, I'd be happy to clarify.

For most minor infractions (spam, advertising out side of trade chat, ghosting, not speaking english, insulting)
1.) Warning
2.) Gag/ mute for 360 minutes
3.) Gag/ mute for 720 minutes
4.) Gag/ mute for 4320 minutes
5.) Gag/ mute for 10080 minutes
6.) Gag/ mute for 43829 minutes
7.) Permanent ban

Major infractions (racism, abuse of !call, exploiting)
1.) Warning
2.) Gag/ mute/ ban (situation dependent) for 720 minutes
3.) Gag/ mute/ ban (situation dependent) for 10080 minutes
4.) Gag/ mute/ ban (situation dependent) for 43289 minutes
5.) Permanent ban

Extreme Infractions (cheating, scamming, threatening)
1.) Permanent ban

Freekilling and DR denial
1.) Warning
2.) Guard Ban for 180 minutes
3.) Guard Ban for 360 minutes
4.) Guard Ban for 720 minutes
4.) Guard ban for 10080 minutes
5.) Guard Ban for 43829 minutes
6.) Permanent guard ban

Mass Freekill (intentional)
1.) Guard ban 10080 minutes
2.) Guard ban 43829 minutes
3,) Permanent guard ban

Mass Freekill (unintentional)
1.) Permanent guard ban + ban stack

Failround and /or lR denial
1.) Guard ban 360 minutes
2.) Guard ban 1440 minutes
3.) Guard ban 10080 minutes
4.) Guard ban 43829 minutes
5.) Permanent guard ban

Baiting
1.) Warning
2.) Slay baiter
3.) Guard ban for 180 minutes
4.) Guard ban 360 minutes
5.) Guard ban 1440 minutes
6.) Guard ban 4320 minutes
7.) Guard ban 43289 minutes
8.) Permanent guard ban

The great tagging of le jailbreak admins
@ZeroPC
@Semicolon backslash
@Justin | XplosiveAction
@PNN

It was at this point that the sentient coffee table realized that he wrote "stead" instead of "steam" and can't figure out how to edit 47 minutes after the thread was posted. I understand that this could doom my admin application, and thus swear fealty to the almighty red squiggle underneath typos.

Hello.

I would like to express my concerns about you applying, as I don't think you are quite fit to be an admin.

You haven't displayed the right level of maturity an admin should have, I've seen you insult other players and lose you're cool especially when an admin isn't online.

In this instance a player may have broke a rule, or done something illegal. You reacted poorly.
evidence1.PNG

A few minutes earlier, you also lost you're cool when someone massfreekilled everyone on the server.
evidence2.PNG

Again, not nice.
evidence3.PNG

There are more examples to be found but I wont go on. However, I can also recall you doing the same over the microphone whenever players either free kill you or break rules. Admins are supposed to be the people everyone looks up to. With this kind of attitude, I cant expect you to maintain that role appropriately. Its also especially important in a mode like jailbreak to keep a cool head considering everyone will be talking constantly and relying on you to make the right decisions amongst the chaos. I would consider working on your attitude, maybe it could help you're chances of getting accepted.

Hey there buckaroo you got some weird punishment schemes goin on, here in panda-town we usually stick to 5 punishments then a perm I see you understand that partially (a major infraction and minor should have same amount of chances before perm which you seem to haven’t done) but what seems to have slipped your grasp is teamban times

Unlike bans which counts down slowly over time teambans are only time on the server which inherently makes them longer as even the most no-life regulars usually don’t have months on months of playtime so its usually best that you don’t teamban someone for 43289 minutes as thats a little under a month of time on the server and for most basically a perm punishment, so I reccomend not going over 1 day (1440 minutes) for teambans.

I will leave my overall opinion later.

Bambi: That is a very valid concern, and as much as I'd like to spin it in a way of "I was just annoyed that I couldn't do anything about the rules and wouldn't do the same if I was an admin", I don't think that would fully address your problem with my application. I would also like to differentiate your last one from the other two. That one was meant as a joke upon entering, however, I can definetly see the problem that would cause if an admin joined the server saying that. That is something that can be adjusted easier and should be whether or not I take on a larger role in the server.
The first two are, understandably, much more problematic, as an admin should not run around swearing at people when they break the rules and that is something that I do need to work on. I do need to get better at making sure my initial reactions to something, even if it frustrates me, should not show up in chat or voice chat. Not only is it unprofessional, but is very rude to those that I'm referencing, and honestly, I probably would've gotten warned or gagged/ muted if an admin had been on. Thank you for bringing that to the forefront of my attention and I will work as hard as I can to not let my frustration get the better of me and to especially make sure that it does not show up while I am on the server.

Semi: Thank you for letting me know, I had looked and hadn't seen the general guideline of 5 bans then a permanent one. Considering that to be the case, I would revise the general stacking to be more similar to what I did categorizing the major infringements. I also made a distinction between those as I viewed some of them to be worse than others, such as racism being worse than spam. However, I can see the point of keeping things the same (outside of scamming, 3rd party cheats, and direct threats), as it makes the stacking less complicated and removes any doubt on how to handle a situation without having to look over notes to figure out "how should I deal with this again" in the middle of a game.
Your point on teambans also makes more sense, though due to lack of experience (I think I got guard banned once at the very beginning of my time on the server due to not knowing the rules), I had forgotten that guard bans only count in game. I would thus do the stacking as warn-360-720-1440-permanent ban instead of guard banning them for a month, which makes quite a bit more sense.

Also, I just realized that I inverted intentional mass freekill and unintentional mass freekill. Intentional is a permanent ban, unintentional would now be 720-1440-permanent ban. Just wanted to clarify that

Your response concerns me, your idea of a solution to a rule breaker doing stuff to ruin the server is to break another rule? As an admin you need to set an example which to my shame I wasn't the best at it and I never acted in such a way. So really you should have aimed to flush out this behaviour before applied. You will be under far more pressure from many people and if u can't act cool and collected when u have no power I doubt you can when you do have the power. I have seen u before around the server and your behaviour has definitely been bordline at best. Anyway good luck to you on improving.

I will say that based on the reasons above I would like to see your behavior improve, so I have to honestly give a -1 as I do not think you are ready yet.

Pretty much everything I wanted to say was stated above.
I really don't see you as admin material.

Hope I’m not too late

Pros
Seems to try and fix issues as your chatlog has been looking better

Cons
Although improvement has been shown I am worried you may crack again

Overall I’m going to give a -.5 you have shown signs of improvement but I’d rather see you try again maybe a few months down the line when you have shown your worth.

All right. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that -3.5 means that I will not end up being an admin from this application round. Considering that to be the case, I would like to thank you guys for your feedback, especially related to my behavior on the server. I did know that it wasn't perfect and that I lost my temper every now and then, however, you guys helped me become a bit more aware that what I thought was only every now and then was a bit more common and that it needs to be addressed immediately and not rear its head again. Outside of the fact that it would make me a better candidate, which I do care about for the future, it would make the times I'm playing more enjoyable for others not having a guy on all the time to blows his top way too quickly.

I will say it is a bit ironic. The main reason that I choose the Panda server when checking out the different jailbreak servers was the general lack of toxicity and friendliness of the players on line. I start to frequent the server more and get to know most of the regulars decently, and become more and more frustrated and short tempered about even minor rule breaks, ignoring the fact that in doing so I would start to break some of the rules, which, as Magglet pointed out, is a fairly serious concern, especially if I was an admin on the server. Not only does it set a bad role-model, but it sets a precedent that others can do that and get away with it.

TL;DR: I've got quite a bit I still need to work on and hopefully I can have sustained improvement so that I'm not the guy walking around saying "follow the rules or I'll insert obscenity here". Once again, thank you for your feedback. I didn't like reading it, no one does, but after trying to clean up my chat logs the past couple days, I realized there is a whole lot of cow pies that need to be sorted out before I can think about applying again.

Very mature response above. ::):

Well I believe the feedback will be helpful for you if you consider applying again. You have a 1.5 month cool down before you can apply again, that's plenty of time to improve.

Considering the votes above and the applicants response above, I'll move this to declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread