PSA: sketchek is alive (1 Viewer)

EvoWarrior5

Contributor

For those who (somehow) don't know him: sketchek was a really good Pyro main who consistently uploaded quality content of quirky techniques. He announced that he had a terminal sickness 3 years ago and said he would die soon. (That video has now been deleted from his channel). Today he uploaded this video saying that he faked it all. I'll let him explain it in the video above ^

It's an awful thing he did, but I personally find it easy to forgive him for it. I'm mainly just happy that he is alive and possibly returning with some more videos.

If you didn't know him and want to check it out, this vid of his is a good example of what he does:

Reactions: Geronimo
Wasn’t he the guy who “market gardened” with the pyro?

Yep.

Something I forgot to mention: Valve even named a new effect on the Axtinguisher after sketchek in tribute of him. They're gonna be pretty pissed about this too lol.

Not sure how to feel. I lost people but I get he wants to say sorry so you know, I guess it is the internet and you know people have done far worse. I love that he put his title as 謝罪 meaning apology I guess? Wonder how the community will respond to his return.

Hopefully with open arms, I mean when Lazy Purple came back from the dead and started posting that was a breathe of fresh air; I see more backlash from those that want to branch out with their content ( such as Muselk and Travi) or just quit.

I came across his channel around two years ago and loved his content, but I had heard that he unfortunately passed. At the time it was upsetting to me, but that didn't stop me from rewatching all his video. I accept his apology as it's one of the most sincere things I've heard in awhile. Anyways, I'm glad he's actually not dead and will definitely be watching his new uploads.

Reactions: BlackY
Cant really keep my mouth closed, this is honestly disgusting. It would seem like a majority of people have just forgiven him for doing something so stupid which I'm sorry but that's just not right.

Yes, he may just be youtuber and most of us really just cared for his sick pyro gameplay, but there were people that genuinely adored this guy and as he mentioned had close relationships with. I think Valve naming a new effect after him for the Axtinguisher alone would prove to anyone how significantly important this guy was in tf2. Don't know about you guys but even if it was just someone online, id be pretty damn upset if one of my mates just die from something tragic like a terminal illness. For him to come back and ask for forgiveness is nice, but he shouldn't be instantly forgiven for something that blatantly dumb as that's just encouraging behavior to think its okay to fake your own death.

Personally never really cared for the guy, But faking your own death is a serious thing and its somewhat scary for me to see people just forgive him for that.

Cant really keep my mouth closed, this is honestly disgusting. It would seem like a majority of people have just forgiven him for doing something so stupid which I'm sorry but that's just not right.

Yes, he may just be youtuber and most of us really just cared for his sick pyro gameplay, but there were people that genuinely adored this guy and as he mentioned had close relationships with. I think Valve naming a new effect after him for the Axtinguisher alone would prove to anyone how significantly important this guy was in tf2. Don't know about you guys but even if it was just someone online, id be pretty damn upset if one of my mates just die from something tragic like a terminal illness. For him to come back and ask for forgiveness is nice, but he shouldn't be instantly forgiven for something that blatantly dumb as that's just encouraging behavior to think its okay to fake your own death.

Personally never really cared for the guy, But faking your own death is a serious thing and its somewhat scary for me to see people just forgive him for that.

I don't disagree with what you say and I cannot decide how you feel about it. But forgiveness is a very personal matter. That I forgive him doesn't mean that I think what he did was acceptable; it just means that I can move past it emotionally.

To say that he shouldn't be forgiven is to interfere in that highly personal way of dealing with things. It'd be better to say that people shouldn't try to redeem what he did, and shouldn't (seemingly) encourage it. Because those things tread into moral grounds. But my forgiveness is my personal response. How I phrase that forgiveness publicly can be a matter of debate; the emotion itself shouldn't be.

It could be that with "shouldn't be forgiven so easily" you meant that people should let him know that what he did was wrong (even though he already knows), which is a very fair point of view. In that scenario it's just your manner of phrasing that doesn't entirely sit well with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambi

Users who are viewing this thread