Declined Prohibit Players from Joining Blu until they have played 120:00 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolPoppinSince02

Donator
This is mostly just a 4a.m idea I had, but what if new players HAD to be red for 2 hours before playing blu? This would in turn limit the annoying pervasiveness of alt account spam, and furthermore would let those from other servers adjust to Panda's rules before doing a woopsie on blu.

For the alt accounts, I'm certainly not claiming this to be a cure-all or anything. It's a small barrier of entry that forces alt accounts to invest some time on the server, disincentivizing MFKers to just make another fresh account and hop back on. Recently especially I've seen this issue grow more, but there are plenty of historical cases of alt accounting into ruining the game until an admin is available. Reporting an alt account via the forums is nearly worthless due to the time-sink of creating the post, and then having it evaluated. They just make more accounts at a much faster tempo, and this little stop-gap might be a nice idea.

For new players, I think it's just a nice convivence. I know the server itself advocates for new players to be on red to familiarize themselves with the rules, but it's not de jure enforced. I've seen plenty of cool players banned for doing something that isn't allowed on blu, because it is allowed on other servers. We can pull out the old "read the rules" argument, but a vast majority of new players either A: Click off the Pop-Up/Don't see the rules or B: Ignore reading the rules because they assume all jb servers are the same. Sure the blame lies on them, but still it would be nice if they had a proper chance to learn the rules as a red, rather than doing something wrong. A good example of this would be Cell Wars. Cell Wars rules are very particular on Panda, and many new blus don't know the difference between Panda and other servers on first load-in. One thing leads to another and then you have an illegal Cell Wars. Examples of this reaches far beyond Cell Wars of course, but that is just an easy example to illustrate.

Tbh I just want thoughts on this, because frankly I'm not sure if it's even possible to do with the plugin. Also as this is my idea, I'm seeing it through very rose-tinted glasses and I'm sure there are many negatives to this proposition that my 4a.m mind cannot fathom.

• Boring
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
there was a previous thread about this that received decent support iirc:

however, note the last posts by madact:
1694857354679.png

This suggestion will probably be popular among players that had to live through the spree alting that was happening over the summertime however if nobody who knows how to implement this idea pulls up this thread will likely share the same fate.

As for discussion content, I still hold the belief I posted in that thread:
1694857613008.png

One minor problem I see with this suggestion is that, what if in any given session, the majority of players are under 2 hour newbies? However, this would probably be rare.

However, the BIG problem is this'd be a chore to enforce. I really don't feel like having to bring up HLstats for every current BLU and take notes to make sure they're over 2 hours. Unless somehow a plugin either exists or gets made that prevents players with under 2 hours of playtime to join BLU, this isn't practical.

Honestly, this isn't a bad suggestion at all, in fact I actually like the idea of this because it would also prevent alts that join with the sole intent to MFK from joining BLU right away -- however, in JB's current form, this would be too difficult, time-consuming, tedious, and frustrating to enforce manually.

At least make the new players have higher autobalance priorty 🙏

"Just donate, scootyman"

The issue with this, is what if the server is full of all fresh new players? Then who will be in blue team?
I had this idea with the mindset of late night jb, I.E when admins aren't on as much. But that also means that a server of majority fresh players is more than entirely possible. Furthermore if only two or three people can be on blu, that could just lead to uncontested freekills during late night sessions. A work around for this would also probably be rather complicated in terms of scripting with the plugin.

A valid point.

However, it is "Then who will be ON the blue team", not "Then who will be in blue team"
Source;
"If you want to convey that someone is a member of the team, you would say: 'He is on the team.' Example: 'He is on the team, playing as the goalkeeper.' If you want to convey that someone is physically inside a location associated with the team, you would say: 'He is in the team.'"
That'll be -50 Rep and Two Smooches on the Cheeks (Please bro please bro please bro)

As madact previously said in this thread, if no one is going to come out and create such a plugin for us then we cannot implement it. If you have a plugin (ready for use not just a plan to make one) feel free to make a new suggestion.

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread