Potential leeway on mutes and gags (1 Viewer)

Floofer

Well, after my recent bans. I wanted to make a recommendation to make other people’s lives maybe a little more enjoyable on these servers if they’re a little disobedient like I am/was.

My main reason of being a crybaby after my second perma comm bans was more over how instantaneous it was.
Now I was gonna end up banned again anyway, no point fussing over it.
However, it may be a good idea to perhaps change it slightly from how it is now.
After a person gets their permanent mute and/or gag removed, if they were to be trouble makers, instead of being instantly perma gagged/muted again, given the Fortnight or month long ban instead.
This gives them one absolutely final chance to change, before they fall into a state of radio silence for like, a year.
While I deserved my recent perma’s, I can For sure say that being gagged/muted takes away a lot of the game. Hell, it can be bad at points. Especially if playing something like Jailbreak or ehhh, well that’s it. Maybe mge. Who knows.
But either way, perhaps it’s a minuet change that could be the difference maker for assholes like me.
(Sorry if any parts of this make little sense, it’s late at night at the point of writing)

My disagreement:
A rule-breaker is given multiple chances onto being better.
This obviously fluctuates depending on staff, but the rule-breaker generally gets gagged and/or muted 5-6 times before going into a permanent mute and gag.

Since rule-breakers are given 5-6 chances, it is nearly expected that they are able to learn their mistake after getting comm banned.
Adding a layer of a chance after getting their perm comm ban appealed doesn't seem like a good idea.
Most staff would follow a layout like this (If changes were to occur):

(Stolen from Sin's application)
1. 360 minutes
2. 720 minutes
3. 1440 minutes
4. 10080 minutes
5. 43200 minutes
6. Permanent
7. 2 weeks-1month
8. Permanent

The rule breaker has already gone through 6 chances already, by this point, the rule-breaker might be suspected to be breaking rules on purpose.

Compromise:
What I suggest we can do is have the person not break any rules within a specific period after an appeal before giving him/her a comm ban. If the person breaks a comm rule earlier than the expected end of the period, there should be a permanent gag and mute.

• Indifferent
Reactions: ultimateHQ
I agree with the time period idea. The time is debatable, could be from 3 months to 6. Could be dependent on the admin, viewpoints, morals. It would have to be devised.

I was about to mention ‘they could vary the ban on the severity of what they’ve done’ but I can tell that this would have already been discussed and morality would be a defining factor on bans. So nevermind.

Not to be rude. But every player is gonna 6 separate opportunities before a permanent punishment is given. We aren't a set of servers for you to air out your toxic behaviours and if you cant handle being permanently punished after 6 seperate warnings from shorter punishments.

Then leave.

What kind of suggestion is this..?

However, it may be a good idea to perhaps change it slightly from how it is now.
After a person gets their permanent mute and/or gag removed, if they were to be trouble makers, instead of being instantly perma gagged/muted again, given the Fortnight or month long ban instead.
Most of the admins do is stacking which means they take your x amount of comms/bans and if we say, x is equal to 5, then that means this will be your 6th ban/comm block, and then they ban/comm-block you what they have on that stacking, which often is perm.

You can also get a faster perm if all of your comm/bans are the same, if I see a player with the reason: Stealing, 4 times on their bans, and they keep stealing, I will perm ban them since they clearly don't change, I see no reason to give them another chance if they never stopped.

Players get quiet a lot of chances, and if they break that trust with us then why should we give another chance. And when the admin wants to give your last chance really depends on that admin or any other admin that might have a viewpoint of that block/ban.

But either way, perhaps it’s a minuet change that could be the difference maker for assholes like me.
What are you trying to say here..? That you've changed you're whole behavior in 1 min? If you mean it like that, then I think nobody is buying it. There has been players who has been silenced for years, and then one day they appeal. And even after so many years they are just the same, and then breaks the trust with us completely.
Of course now I don't mean everyone, there are of course people who do change and learns from their mistakes, and is a really nice thing to see, but to change over 1 min.. well I think no.

(Sorry if any parts of this make little sense, it’s late at night at the point of writing)
Maybe you've should have posted it later then..? Since is quiet hard to understand what you want to change on this suggestion.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Absinthe
Everyone's already said it, nothing to add except I agree with everything said.

Even your second perm *can* be appealed, you just have to take a long time to grow up after.

Pretty sure it's fine as it is. It has evolved over the time to give even more chances.

Saying you want errrr what was it...Give a ban on second chances instead of another communication block. That won't happen. If you break a communication rule, you get a communication block.

Anyways this seems more like feedback than a suggestion. I've moved it, so feel free to discuss to your hearts content but the system won't change.

• Agree
Reactions: ZeroPC and Tolfx

Users who are viewing this thread