Completed New trade servers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambi

Donator
Oi. Idk about yall, but the current trade map stinks and having some variety would do wonders so here I am suggesting we add new trade servers. I spoke with kevin and asked if it would be possible to open a new trade server for both EU and US and got the go ahead. Now we just need people to vote on if they want to see it or not and what map would be good to have hosted on the servers. I'll list some maps below and in the poll, please vote on the ones you guys would like to see aswell if you like the idea. In my experience, less complex and more simple trade maps like plaza tend to generate more popularity so maybe that would be ideal, but this is all up to you guys.

Yes please. I much agree map no 3 is alot of fun.

Reactions: fanthom
Yeah Kevin is open to server suggestions. Since that last trade suggestion bounced due to the map being unable to use without the original file that suggestion then disappeared.

Maybe we could have a trade server that has a map rotation? Are those a thing or not?

I was thinking about the same thing Madact was. I think a trade server with a map rotation would be better than multiple trade servers just for the different maps.
I've been wanting a new trade map for a long time now so I would love to see this go somewhere. Again though, not sure how the map rotation thingy would work for a trade server... will have to look into it further probably.

Maybe we could have a trade server that has a map rotation? Are those a thing or not?
It is, but there is a couple of problems you would surely run into. First off for people actually looking to trade, it’s annoying when the map suddenly would change every hour or two, and some people would rather just sit on a server with no interruptions. If this was on a rotation, you would definitely want it spaced out to something big like every 8 hours or so. But you’ll also run into another problem being that some people really don’t like certain maps, and it will drive them away. I also personally think it might not be such a good idea to have a rotation on a server where the main issue to start will be just populating it. Keep it simple and for one map, maybe that’s something to experiment down the road.

Last edited:
I agree with madact too, a map rotation would be cool, even a Unusual Trade server would a good idea because it may bring more people to unusual trading, but it would also help more traders because i know a lot of people sit there for minutes waiting to join either a vatican/firepower unu trade server, but its just a thought.

The new trade server with pkmn goldenrod city would be sick, def has my vote.

The new trade server with pkmn goldenrod city would be sick, def has my vote.
But I would fine with a trade server that has constant map rotation!

Sounds really cool. Definately want a map rotating server

Beep Boop, Bump.

If a new server has to be added, no map rotation, Bambi has already explained why.

I never liked this map. Pretty much basic and boring, with only few easter eggs/activities to do. I like the fact that's big. But still, players could find it boring because you can't do nothing, just walking/running around being a tryhard/friendly and sniping from spawn.
As for me, I would give it a try, but out of these 5 it's the most suitable for a trade server. Wouldn't hope so much on this.

giphy.gif

I've seen this map only once, and I'm playing since 2011. Anyway, ,I wouldn't hope so much on seeing this as a possible future trade server map.
Played with Furken, it's quite decent but it will get boring after 30 minutes. Wouldn't hope so much seeing this as trade server.

The optimization it's like me: TRASH
Immagine.png

20 FPS for me and Furken when the music gets activated. No matter where you are in the map.
I have gtx 1050ti OC (+400 mhz) and I7 7700k OC 4.8ghz, it shouldn't be that low since I can easily get +100 fps on a map with full hd + hd mods.
2.png

This is just the ex GoV Community's old unusual server, which it died pretty fast when other maps came around. As red you can only stay in that corner, so it means if you want to go around/kill others you have to be in Blue team.
Still, won't see this neither as a new potential trade server map.

I don't know why trade plaza was even a choice, played on it back when Neonheights wasnt dead and honestly it's such a garbage map; really only one way out of spawn and way to easy to just sentry camp and ruin everyone's day

• Agree
Reactions: fanthom and Mikey
Sorry that I'm late to the party but here's my two sense.
Plaza: I am 110% sure our US/EU server's mojo will be ruined with these servers turning into "another plaza server".
Minecraft Realms: Overall nice map, however, I do sit with Mikey on this one. Big and filled with detail and activities yet it somehow screams boring and bland.
at least to me
Fun Trade Beach: It looks dark and bland. Really basic indoor design. I also feel like this map wouldn't house 30 players well and make it interesting.
Goldenrod: why?
Unusual Island: One big murder-hole

Since we are bumping the trade maps again, I will say that our current Neon Heights Minecraft map works "consistently". We keep coming back and we get a steady flow of newcomers every day. I cannot deny that the map is getting repetitive. After 560 hours on US Trade, in terms of new content, updating to v193 would be just the zing we need for EU/US trade.

I’d be glad to go on Panda Trade and.... trade if we had more of a variety of maps. Going on the same 2 unusual trade servers I go on gets a bit boring so It would be nice to see new maps or servers, especially with Panda which I usually only go on for JB. Has my vote all the way

Lol, it's all well and good suggesting stuff but the owner can't even find time to give ranks to donators. The supposed lifeblood for the server.

New maps aren't gonna crack top 10 on a list of importance for him. Jb and other servers desperately needs admins and multiple servers need have numerous key updates required. I love the idea of changes to trade but it's not gonna happen for a long while.

I agree with Duck, though I haven't been as steady a trader recently. Firepowered is terrible, between a lame map and annoying rules (no quickselling/ discounting is garbage) and I wouldn't be opposed to panda jumping into the ring, as right now it is only good for low tier unusuals and other low priced stuff, as often the experienced traders are going elsewhere.

Well it's about time I got on track with these suggestions again.

Looking back at this I agree with the non rotation you all make a good point. I suggest we go for the most popular choice: Trade Plaza. This is however still up to Kevin if he wants to make a new trade server or not but I've suggested it to be a US server due to the responses in here mainly going on a US timezone.

I've tasked it up but it coudl still be rejected or just forgotten. It's worth a shot

Task

#215 New trade server with the map Trade_Plaza. US?​

Reactions: Hedgehog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread