Declined New "No Baiting as Hale" rule on #5 VSH (1 Viewer)

"No Baiting as Hale" rule on #5 VSH

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz

Today I want to try and implement a new rule into VSH.
Here is a breakdown of what it is:

When someone is Hale, sometimes they say something like "kill me" or "i suicide" in chat so that the RED team will get close to Hale and most likely melee or try to goomba thus allowing the Hale to trick them and get very easy kills onto the RED team.

I think this rule should be implemented because it is very unfair on the REDs that fall for it and it makes the game shorter (if the bait works) and/or wastes time (if the bait doesnt work) and less fun than it should and could be. Also, it isnt sportsman like at all and is a "dick move".

Last of all, I would like to mention this rule should only apply to Hale and not the RED team. Its kind of like Jail Break as the Wardens arent allowed to trick but the REDs are - the Hale isnt allowed to bait but the REDs are (e.g creating a sticky trap on a guy that is "afk".)

Thanks for reading and I hope this gets accepted as @Danny agreed that this should be an Official Rule (even though us VSH admins do punish these people if the situation occurs I just want it to be a written rule in case of the people that say "well it isnt an official rule so nice aboose")

I would love to hear negative and positive feedback.

EDIT:
SoRrY forgot to add punishments (dont even know if they are needed)
1st person to bait: Slay
*gives warning to server*
2nd person to bait: Kick
*gives another warning in case anyone new joins*
3rd person: Ban - 4 hour - 1 day - 3 days - 1 week - 1 month - perm

^ punishments may seem harsh but people are rarely Hale more than twice in 1 session.

Totally agree, they stay afk and allow red team to goomba the hale until his rage meter is full then the hale suddenly springs to life, rages and takes out half of the team.

I don't really care either way.

I don't think the rule is necessary: if you're actually going to fall for a bait like that then you kinda have it coming. In Deathrun it isn't a rule that you can't lie about giving a freerun, for the same principle. Also, the rule is pretty easily circumvented. Even if people cannot say anything in the chat, they can still pretend to be AFK to lure people. It's impossible to really prove that the person wasn't actually just AFK or tabbed out; unless it's a person who does it too regularly for it to be a coincidence. But at that point you're grasping at pretty loose straws and probably not many people will get punished for it. And then there's also the question of what happens if an admin isn't there to do something about it. Is this really something that people will start reporting on the forums to lead to 12-hour bans or whatever? This is where I personally draw the line between genuine complaints and the need for someone to take responsibility for their own actions by simply not falling for dumb tricks. I have very rarely died to a pretend-AFK hale because I occasionally learn something from what people do and change my course of action as a result.

But also it's whatever, I don't feel the need to bait people myself so it's not as if this rule would hurt me. If you think it'll help, implement it.

Honestly If we gonna make rules like that.
How would it be fun for a new player to join vsh.
Making more rules for things like that is just not worth it.
We don't want to make vsh a place like JB where you have to read all those rules.
I want to let vsh be simple where you just kill hale and thats it no rules like that.
We have enough rules in my eyes adding more rules to a simple gamemode like that would be confusing for new players.
Seeing this makes me feeling like more greed on banning people for simple mistakes.

By the way, with no poll attached this thread isn't going to lead to anything concrete. @iceviet can you make one?

I agree that this rule is useless for experienced players like us because we know the "trick" so we wont fall for it on RED and we have no need to trick the RED team when we are Hale as we dont need to and we like to just play normally.

This rule prevents inexperienced players from having a bad experience with this game mode because if this is a rule (and is applied to the usual chat rule thing that shows the rules every 5 mins or so) they will not be killed straight away.
Honestly If we gonna make rules like that.
How would it be fun for a new player to join vsh.
So I respond to this in saying that I am saving inexperienced new players the event of them having a bad experience as they would die straight away.(ofc if they fall for it).

However if you think this rule makes VSH more complicated, I understand that as I know how much of a shit show JB can be with the MANY MANY rules it has.

Yes, me want!

Also they usually insult or just rage hard if you kick them, and their «tactic» is to bait. For us it seems like they are afk.

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
I think its a good rule to be added.
Like, if there is an admin online and saying things like "kill me" etc, is most of the time in their eyes failhaling, and it's no fun at all to play against poeple who play like that, some even do it multiple times? Just to build up rage, getting a group of players together and just killing them.

Now, I have a question: What is exactly qualified as "baiting"? Is going around a corner as boss and waiting for a few seconds baiting? Baiting, if I'm not mistaken, would be like pretty much camping in a spot as boss and letting people damage you for rage. In which you then do rage and get those nice, cheap kills.

I'm somewhat for this if my example doesn't mean exactly 'baiting'.

Also I suppose if this gets passed it will get applied to both Freak Fortress'..

Last edited:
@Geronimo In this case baiting is a hale who doesn't play and says "kill me" or any sort of those things, letting poeple deal damage so he can build up his rage and then use rage to kill the guys around him.

• Informative
Reactions: Geronimo
I have no idea what I'm looking at. Can someone give me a tldr? Possible all ready written out rule? Or is this not relevant anymore?

@Roar @Matth

To be honest this problem occurs much less frequently now. There are other things that are much more important to fix/add/remove in VSH so I think we can discard this new rule. It doesn't happen nearly enough anymore to make a complete new rule, it's not needed.

To be honest this problem occurs much less frequently now. There are other things that are much more important to fix/add/remove in VSH so I think we can discard this new rule. It doesn't happen nearly enough anymore to make a complete new rule, it's not needed.

I agree with Chaz's statement above, it is really not needed at all in my opinion but I will leave this thread open for a bit just in case anyone has a good reason to add this as a new rule, if not I will decline it tomorrow.

• Agree
Reactions: Matth
Does this rule count in when its Hale vs the last Red and Hale fakes an rps taunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread