Completed New jailbreak last requests. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yelowchy

Hi creating this thread to suggest some new last requests in Jailbreak that could be added to the lr menu.

#Golden pan day.
Upon spawning all reds and blus have their melee weapons replaced with a golden frying pan for the round.

Can be used twice per map.

#Low gravity day.
For the next round gravity is set to 200 instead of 800.

can be used once per map.

#High gravity day.
For the next round gravity is set to 1400 instead of the usual 800.

#Ammo day.
Upon spawning the reds recieve full ammo. does not count as rebelling for the round.

Can be used once per map.

#Magic day.
Upon spawning all reds equip the spellbook and recieve a random spell.

Assuming that these can actually be done (Golden Pan and Magic Day) then those two sound fine.
However, Magic Day would essentially be a freeday for all.
Also, ammo day sounds really stupid since warday is literally the same thing. Ammo day would just be "warday but blues can go across the whole map"

gravity days I always thought were a good idea. When I was an admin I used to do that as an option for people who did things like HG if they also wanted a lower gravity and whatnot. Hell, I dont think anyone would really mind if you used the commands for those who requested it as long as you make sure to turn the gravity back to normal (aka by using /gravity @all 0 the next round)

Those are my 2 cents on the matter

• Love
Reactions: Yelowchy
#Golden pan day.
Upon spawning all reds and blus have their melee weapons replaced with a golden frying pan for the round.

Can be used twice per map.

This would be neat if it were perhaps a free for all like HHH day, Where both teams are allowed to fight and kill each other otherwise it's just kind of boring.

#Low gravity day.

#High gravity day.

Low gravity could work? But it would be quite easy to cheat on minigames without BLUs even noticing.
And High gravity.. Nah.

#Ammo day.
Upon spawning the reds recieve full ammo. does not count as rebelling for the round.

Can be used once per map.

I believe this would cause far too much unneeded confusion with the BLUteam, Not everyone is always staring at the chat waiting for a rebel status. And there is a chance of BLUs accidentally freekilling REDs out of pure confusion.

#Magic day.
Upon spawning all reds equip the spellbook and recieve a random spell.

Magic day could probably work, maybe if some spells could be removed, If that's even possible. But I think it'd be quite fun. A bit chaotic but still manageable.

• Agree
Reactions: Gold
Come to think of it @vinny has a point about high gravity. It would cause fall damage depending on how high the gravity is and may make traversing parts of the map impossible, including doing games like obby.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
Golden pan day.
That's most likely against Valve's hosting policies. Sadly there's no official statement from valve what you shouldn't do in a plugin I believe. However they've previously banned people from hosting plugins that let you use expensive items without owning them.

#Low gravity day.

#High gravity day.

Love those, I've always allowed them as custom requests when I was playing jailbreak. But having them without requiring an admin to be online would be great.
Regarding Vinnies concerns, I don't think there's a map that actually requires you to jump somewhere. They all have stairs or ladders if I'm not mistaken. But yes it would make some Minigames unplayable for the round, but wardens should be able to adjust to that imo.

Ammo day and Magic day sound like pure deathmatch to me. Maybe if damaging spells were removed from the pool? Teleportation and invisibility could definitely lead to some fun moments but summoning monoculus, throwing bats or the giant energy ball would just wipe BLU rather quickly.

There is a suggestion already accepted about jb plugin getting updated with new LR's. It was playtested a few months back. Click

• Agree
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
So talked about this with yelowchy, just going to relay here so everyone caught up;

We cannot do this unless we have someone to sort it out for us. TWC has shown that we where going to upgrade the LR system to include some interesting LRs but keep in mind these come with the package. I'm not sure what happened during testing, but it must of not been smooth sailing because Kevin hasn't touched it since.

These custom LRs are made up my yelowchy(as far as I am aware, I have asked if the...err 'code' exists all ready for these). These are possible to make, but we need someone to make them for us. Even by then, we might end up changing LR pluggin by then to redux.

So not here to party pooper on this, but we do need to bring a sense of reality to this. If we have someone bloody great, carry on old chaps! But right now this will go nowhere without someone helping.

Reactions: Gold, vinny and TWC
So talked about this with yelowchy, just going to relay here so everyone caught up;

We cannot do this unless we have someone to sort it out for us. TWC has shown that we where going to upgrade the LR system to include some interesting LRs but keep in mind these come with the package. I'm not sure what happened during testing, but it must of not been smooth sailing because Kevin hasn't touched it since.

These custom LRs are made up my yelowchy(as far as I am aware, I have asked if the...err 'code' exists all ready for these). These are possible to make, but we need someone to make them for us. Even by then, we might end up changing LR pluggin by then to redux.

So not here to party pooper on this, but we do need to bring a sense of reality to this. If we have someone bloody great, carry on old chaps! But right now this will go nowhere without someone helping.
we could setup the redux mod on a test server an check it out there again cause there is the VSH LR if i remember correctly which worked also pretty good back then.

we could setup the redux mod on a test server an check it out there again cause there is the VSH LR if i remember correctly which worked also pretty good back then.
I was on when the previous test happened as far as I remember there was a server crash with one LR chosen and cells issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
I was on when the previous test happened as far as I remember there was a server crash with one LR chosen and cells issues.
The broken lr I believe was called "mechanized mercenaries" and one other major issue I remember was that reds were never unmuted.

As much as I would want more LRs and custom gamemodes, my vote is to not add any of the above.
The reason I like Panda JB is because it's vanilla, streamline, and simple. With these gamemodes, it changes that feeling.
I mean, you can test these ideas, go ahead, but I just don't feel like jailbreak would be that "consistent"gamemode with these ideas.

Ok, I also have a cool few cents for days, but they are small and not worth a full thread

LR 1: Tiny day; make all reds+blues smaller.

LR 2: slow motion; make all teams 30% slower.

LR 3: swimming day; makes it so reds+ blues are perma swimming.

• Disagree
This is one of my first suggestion posts so, bear with me please.

I would love if at least low gravity or magic day we’re to be added, one of them could do because I feel as if the lr menu is lackluster, I mean sure there is custom lr’s but they all mostly revolve around hg, warday, hns or playing a mini game with a twist. Adding at least one of these lr’s would bring diversity to the menu and different possibilities.

I know that I don’t have much say since I haven’t been playing jb for a long time but, I feel like as if I am trapped in a loop choosing the same lr over and over again. You never know this could be happening to another person aswell.

• In Love
Reactions: vinny and Yelowchy
Once the JBredux get’s added, there will be a huge option for new LR’s. Not sure when it will get added (or is it already added?), but when we testes the redux, it was a whole new menu with LR’s who had a lot of new ones we worked with.

So the looping you are talking about will get solved once it get’s launched, I hope.

On high grav day, you will be restricted on mini games you can play, which could be annoying.

Right so I've been made aware @White Falcon might have something for me for this. (If not lmao, message me)

I'm thinking we re-test the redux LRs. Remove whatever was messing it up first before testing, which is possible the 'tank' one as PNN mentioned.
If this works, we'll have to sort out whatever afterwards with adding others as I don't know how different these pluggins are.
If it fails, we test out what is given from white falcon to kevin. If that works, we'll just settle with that.

Edit: White Falcon's given me what we need incase the lr redux test fails. So pending on Kevin

Last edited:
Reactions: PNN and Gold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread