• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie

1. Name:
Jb_District_a1

2. Description
It's a map i've been struggling with for 7 months now. The best thing about the map is just how it looks, I'm sick of those high contrast Mario maps. This map features a pleasant orange, mid-day atmosphere and lighting. Complete with 10 Minigames, made specifically to fit the theme of the map

3. Screenshots:

5b8169a29d0a2.jpg

5b81698181beb.jpg

5b8169af831f2.jpg

5b8169ad7b7bf.jpg

4. Gamemode:
Jailbreak

5. Link:
https://gamebanana.com/maps/201344

Well recently I was starting to make a jailbreak map so I feel part of your pain (haven’t even started adding textures/props)

But about the map. I love the theme and the attention to detail is amazing.
I can’t say much about the gameplay as I can not download it.

Also for those who want to see more of the map here (it was in his wips if you were wondering)
https://gamebanana.com/wips/48128

Reactions: Inkticious and TWC
the WIP version has early and outdated screenshots tho

The map was broken with custom props having glitched out collision, so i had to take it down, but i'm working to fix it

I would rather stay neutral on this, It's in its early stages and I would prefer if Unicake worked on it a bit more until he's confident that there are no bugs or if he's 100% happy with the state of it

• Agree
Reactions: Pie
Yes, i didn't expect you to add it this fast, you have to update it to V2 now as the first one has a few out of bounds tricks and it's way easier to rebel.
https://gamebanana.com/maps/201344
In version 2 I added an extra armoury door, made breakables stronger, added boxes to get out from places that could get you stuck and fixed bugs, so you should update it to _a2.

I would rather stay neutral on this, It's in its early stages and I would prefer if Unicake worked on it a bit more until he's confident that there are no bugs or if he's 100% happy with the state of it
Adding the map would get it play tested and allow him to work out the balance, kinks, and bugs much faster.

• Agree
Reactions: Inkticious
Adding the map would get it play tested and allow him to work out the balance, kinks, and bugs much faster.
He already has it up on blw and even said himself he didn't want it added right now. Even if it's added how many people do you think will report little problems? Usually they would keep it to themselves.

• Funny
Reactions: Kyl3
He already has it up on blw and even said himself he didn't want it added right now. Even if it's added how many people do you think will report little problems? Usually they would keep it to themselves.

I am banned on blackwonder and only depend on people streaming their gameplay to me.
If @Madact unbans me, panda will be a good place to playtest the map on

Now with the release of _a3 I am 100% confident for the map to be played, performed just fine on a different server and people seemed to love the addition of an Insta-win feature.
5b88851c1ee81.jpg

Reactions: krown
Although this has top votes, I really want to make sure this map is in top condition before adding it to panda as if something goes wrong it'll take a while to fix it or will just be flat out removed to not deal with the issue anymore. Has this been added on any other communities?
@Pie

It was added to Blackwonder. Many bugs were reported and fixed through the versions i've released.

I might add that I'm working on a new version which includes additions the players wanted to see such as Blue Side Climb, WayPoints and new Minigames. [NOT RELEASED]

<< Screenshots of the wip version

I don't have any other map to work on so District is going to be updated a lot through the next 3 months or so. I still have plans for an Admin only Lr etc

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Madact and fanthom
To be honest I like this map and wan't to see it in jb, the only problem I would have with it would be if it contained an admin only lr that had a box in armoury where you could active it via glitches/exploits, I mean you saw what happened with hopjb, it was complete chaos. Anyways, i'd like to see this in jb.

• Agree
Reactions: Madact
To be honest I like this map and wan't to see it in jb, the only problem I would have with it would be if it contained an admin only lr that had a box in armoury where you could active it via glitches/exploits, I mean you saw what happened with hopjb, it was complete chaos. Anyways, i'd like to see this in jb.

I have an idea for an Admin Only lr but it's not implemented yet. I'd put the room underground or in a building so people can't abuse it.

I have an idea for an Admin Only lr but it's not implemented yet. I'd put the room underground or in a building so people can't abuse it.
Yeah we don't need anymore Burger King massacares

• Agree
Reactions: Madact
If I can give my personal thoughts on it.

It definitely is a nice map and it gives me City 17 vibes (Half Life 2)(which is a good thing). I think we do need more Jailbreak maps, but we could never come across any that not only looked good but played well. If you could patch it up a little bit and make sure it's top notch, I would love to see this added.

Well the admin only LR won't matter to us, we don't have access to noclip (in jailbreak)
However, I'd love to wait for the next update. Thing is that may need a little play testing at first just in case, and then I'll pop it up onto to do list.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread