1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Join us on our discord server for fun gaming evenings, discussions, music and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you!
    Dismiss Notice

Declined Marker command

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vick, Dec 1, 2017.

?

Should this get added?

Poll closed Today at 1:02 AM.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travis

Travis Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

Steam:
    I am voting Against this. It makes the job of warden easier than it should be. You play warden for the challenge of givin orders, making sure no one rebels, and to secure LR at the end.

With the marker warden wouldn't have to lead the reds to a certain minigame since he could just put a marker down from a safe area/distance. This will make guards less active since they don't have to protect warden from reds trying to rush him. Not including it would make warden that much more difficult to kill if he is giving orders constantly from a safe distance/area.

My conclusion is, it is really just a lazy command for wardens. It's like those teachers that sit at their desk with a laser pointer instead of actually getting up and pointing to the screen. It's not necessary.

2. Satan

Satan Active Member

Steam:
    markers just ruins the game

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Communist Pug

Communist Pug New Member

I feel like this is not really necassary, if the warden gives clear orders it's fine. Plus this is what makes this community original.

4. Zeprus

Zeprus Well-Known Member

Steam:
    Repeating what I said in the shoutbox:

It seems like a useful command to me and personally I would use it as a warden.
    It helps avoid confusion and it's a new tool. New tools open up new possibilities and allow creativity.
    I don't agree with the mentioned downside that it makes rebelling harder as it is no different than the warden saying "Go to location x" or "Go to my spray" it simply makes it less confusing and prevents smartasses from wasting time by saying "You didn't specify the rock we have to go to xddddd".

5. Husky

Husky Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

So then what would be the point in a marker if it is the same as normal commands and sprays or bullet holes? All you're going to do is add an unnecessary command. I don't know what "creativity" it will bring since it is, like you said, the same as giving a command etc.
    Not to mention the fact that nitpicking is KOS anyway and if you were to do it you would be KOS.

6. Zeprus

Zeprus Well-Known Member

Steam:
    I don't know, I'm not creative but other people are. And even IF we assume nobody finds new minigames for it, it doesn't cause any harm does it?

7. Semicolon backslash

I have changed my mind on this. The only reason I wanted this before was so even bad wardens might be able to ACTUALLY do a round but now with most bad wardens breaking rules and getting guardbanned (thx zannc and trav) or becoming good this really isn’t needed now that there are more good rounds.

8. Vick

Vick New Member

Steam:
    Again, how does one single addition "ruin" a gamemode?

9. Vick

Vick New Member

Steam:
    There are still dumb wardens as I mentioned who are easy to kill and besides, how does it make harder for the reds to rebel? The warden can still be in a safe distance if he orders the reds to crouch walk follow the warden. And guards can still catch the rebellers, infact it could be easier for reds to rebel if they're in the marker cause blues risk killing non rebelling players while targeting the rebeller.

It's not a lazy order. You do the same when ordering the reds to crouch walk follow warden, staying at a safe distance, avoiding any rebellers.

I agree that it's not necessary tho. I didn't make this suggestion to force you guys to vote yes.

#29 Vick, Jan 17, 2018 at 3:47 PM
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 3:52 PM
  10. Luigi123

Luigi123 Gameserver Admin
    Gameserver Admin

Steam:
    Declining this. The poll has been closed, please have it look at the result on the poll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.