Accepted Magglet Un-Gag Appeal? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magglet

Donator
SourceBans Ban URL:

Magglet Previous Gags

Name of your Banned Steam Account:
Magglet

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:57897786

Date and Time of the Ban:

Invoked on
11-02-17 16:27

Reason for the Ban:
Spam in chat/voice

Admin that Banned you:

@fanthom

Why should you receive a unban for the gag/mute:

Evidence
If I am brutally honest. I believe this ban was completely uncalled for. Upon further investigation of my Gags reason, I was given this evidence with very little explanation as to the actual rule around "spamming" of binds. I specifically asked fanthom the admin that banned me as his definition seems to reign supreme in this situation.

I explained my side of the story and asked for a specific clarification of the exact rule and in which way I broke it.
His reply was as follows:
Magglet : "Can u please the chat bind rules properly and exactly"
Fanthom : "Every admin sees them different when it comes to spam. I rate everything as spam if anyone reposts messages in a row or if they write with cut sentences."

So my outlining argument is, either every trader to ever join panda is a spammer for sending their advert, which clearly isn't the case. Or he is referring to multiple sendings of the exact same post.

Now if he would like to clarify that would be great, but in the evidence provided to me Here, neither have I sent the same bind, or "cut up sentences". I clearly sent two posts in succession. My trade Advert for buying MvM parts, followed by a bind designed to help inexperienced traders clarify Exchange of Value in steam trading cards. (In case you are wondering selling them for 1 scrap is giving your trading partner a 1000% profit margin).

Now I understand that it may be annoying. But I was never asked to stop, I have only ever sent the bind straight after someone who advertises and extremely unfair trade that is clearly there to trip up the inexperienced traders in our community. Considering I am one of the very few long-term traders of Panda I always try and help out those who come through and use it as a platform to get started.

So that is my case presented, the rule in which I broke was not clearly clarified in either way. But in due course, I will be proven wrong so I must apologise for my behaviour.

So condensed, I would like to apologise for my actions against panda that I proceeded to spam a bind deemed unnecessary and in the admin Fanthoms eyes incorrectly used. I beg for your mercy and thank you for your time. Since under my last gag appeal I was told this way the last chance I am assuming this will be swiftly denied.

Thank you to all the Panda community Staff who put the time in to regulate the servers we all love, you guys have been so amazing to me and I appreciate how dedicated and faithful you are to Panda.

Please consider my gag
-Magglet...

• Funny
Reactions: TBotV63
This is your actual comm block list: click

Going by the number of comm blocks, the permanent gag is a no-brainer. However, the evidence provided was from our trade server, where, as far as I'm aware, everyone has a bind for advertisments, which is why the server is called T R A D E.

neither have I sent the same bind,

You technically did, BUT, personally I don't think this was spam, as it wasn't clogging up the chat in any way. You were using your binds multiple times, but, yknow, people bind their TRADES and they want to show others their TRADES to TRADE in a TRADE server. B)
Then again, whichever TRADE server you go to, you will be faced with countless amounts of TRADING-related binds.

I think you get the point B)

This is your actual comm block list: click

Going by the number of comm blocks, the permanent gag is a no-brainer. However, the evidence provided was from our trade server, where, as far as I'm aware, everyone has a bind for advertisments, which is why the server is called T R A D E.

You technically did, BUT, personally I don't think this was spam, as it wasn't clogging up the chat in any way. You were using your binds multiple times, but, yknow, people bind their TRADES and they want to show others their TRADES to TRADE in a TRADE server. B)
Then again, whichever TRADE server you go to, you will be faced with countless amounts of TRADING-related binds.

I think you get the point B)

Regardless of my point. Fanthom obviously thought I was spamming so it is completely reasonable that I receive the gag. I've traded so long on panda that I obviously became oblivious to the rule on panda. So I deserve this so thanks for the support but I won't bother getting my hopes up

• Disagree
Reactions: Nooters
Regardless of my point. Fanthom obviously thought I was spamming so it is completely reasonable that I receive the gag. I've traded so long on panda that I obviously became oblivious to the rule on panda. So I deserve this so thanks for the support but I won't bother getting my hopes up
Fanthom isn't the only admin here yknow. Moreover, he's not even assigned to guard the trade server. (Edit)He did think you were spamming, but(ends here)why do you think it's impossible for him to change his mind, or for someone else to give you a positive vote for an ungag?

I have nothing to do with this, but I just wanna thank you for a really good appeal. Atleast you show you regret and apologise, and it’s so well written and full of information. You have better chances with an appeal with this quality then everyone else who writes here.

thank you Magglet and good luck!

Can we use this as an example in the template?
Sorry for off-topic but I was amazed.

Kind regards, P N N

Fanthom isn't the only admin here yknow. Moreover, he's not even assigned to guard the trade server. (Edit)He did think you were spamming, but(ends here)why do you think it's impossible for him to change his mind, or for someone else to give you a positive vote for an ungag?

Because I have completely lost faith in this community rn. Like I work so hard to try and be a good person. I have middle manned spy crabs. I go out of my way to report toxic behaviour and rule breakers. I receive this in return. My apologies for being like this but it feels like someone who I have been super nice to stabbed me in the back.

I looked up your Steam ID. All I found was enough gags for a permanent punishment. I looked into it and saw you already got a permanent gag but you appealed. Since the unban of the permanent gag had an admin note saying "last warning" and your thread had a "last warning" as well. I gave @fanthom a message stating that you got a gag after your perm unban, we then decided it's time for a another perm gag. The reason for the perm gag should have been "Has over 6 gags, had his last chance", but I guess he went with spamming instead. I'm all for a change of reason, but that's probably not what you're after...

Normally, reinstated permanent gags aren't appealable, but let's see what others think

I am for ungagging Magglet, I don't really think the evidence fanthom provided was enough to prove he was spamming. Going by the way I classify spam, I don't believe it was that after all. As I said before, yes, he was using his binds multiple times, but isn't it normal on a trade server for people to send their offers/trades every now and then?

Also @Stabbin, why did you link this thread twice in your reply? B)

Reactions: PNN
The reason of this gag wasn't the spamming, and honestly I don't think he was spamming. My point here being; this perm gag is given due to the fact an admin put a gag on him after his last chance, which would have resulted in a perm gag if it was checked on.

The reason of this gag wasn't the spamming, and honestly I don't think he was spamming. My point here being; this perm gag is given due to the fact an admin put a gag on him after his last chance, which would have resulted in a perm gag if it was checked on.
Oh sorry guys that's my fault.
I was the one who gagged Magglet. Probably should of mentioned this earlier but nobody told me the perm was for that reason. That "session" gag was actually my owns as I was testing something. There was no actual reason for the gag except the fact I was doing tests.
I hope this actually sheds some light on why he had that session gag.

In that case, I'll still stand by my claim Magglet should recieve an ungag.

EDIT: Next time Husky, please ask a full admin to comment on the SB gag, so we know you were 'testing things out', to avoid stuff like this happening in the future.

Ungagged and closed.

First of all, I'm sorry this happened, but there are a multiple factors to blame here. The reason for this gag should have been "Had his last chance", due to it looking like you received a gag after you got your last chance.

Though as Husky explained, the gag before the currently being appeal gag shouldn't have been applied. It was assumed to be an admin using the menu to block you. Which would have counted as a void of your last chance.

But since it is now clear that gag does not count, we have removed your punishment. I understand if you're upset, but I think you would agree that we followed protocol and treated you the same as any other player would have been treated in this same situation (gag after perm unban)

Last edited:
Reactions: TBotV63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread