Declined Le Captain Pootis - Admin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[...]The question was : "do you have experience with SourceMod and how it works?"[...]

Honestly, this question is incredibly vague. When I answered it I thought it actually had to do with development. But looking at people's answers interpretation can vary from "I know 'sm_admin'" up to, well, me.

What a warm welcome from you guys.
Why don't you be the judge? Someone you just met, comes to you and says "Hey man! I would like to become an admin on your community that has over 3k members!"
You have 0 posts outside of this thread, your own admin application thread.
We might have been a little bit friendlier if you haven't posted an admin application as your first post!

No matter how I try to explain myself, you just instantly says: NO. NOT VALID. YOU'RE LYING. It's not easy for me.
By "you" do you mean me?
When did I accuse you of lying?
Honestly, this question is incredibly vague.
Depends on your point of view, it's meant to be general.
The more you know the better.
Your personality also paints the picture.

This is pure b*llsh*t, you have something against me, and I'm already tired of it. No matter how I try to explain myself, you just instantly says: NO. NOT VALID. YOU'RE LYING. It's not easy for me. What a warm welcome from you guys.

10/10 for method of application.

I'm aware text is up to the reader's interpretation, but if you re-read, no one bluntly says "NOT VALID. YOU'RE LYING." especially regarding Ice's post, personally I feel the emotion that's attempted to be conveyed is that of a dubious nature, no one has anything against you, and nobody is attempting to elicit an indignant response from you.

So please, rethink, do not bring some resentful attitude to the forums:
-It will not aid the admin app
-It will not aid in any sort of positive first impression.

We're all mature people here (hopefully....) so there's no need to become verbally aggressive. Everything can be sorted via mature conversation. Never get mad. It doesn't help anything.

-And Ice, your style of writing (smartass arguments with everyone regardless of who ._.) only exacerbates things.

Reactions: Electrod
Why don't you be the judge? Someone you just met, comes to you and says "Hey man! I would like to become an admin on your community that has over 3k members!"
You have 0 posts outside of this thread, your own admin application thread.
We might have been a little bit friendlier if you haven't posted an admin application as your first post!

By "you" do you mean me?
When did I accuse you of lying?

Depends on your point of view, it's meant to be general.
The more you know the better.
Your personality also paints the picture.

I'm not speaking specifically about you, but you're also involved. Everytime I try to defend myself, you keep saying that you're suspecious on me etc, which gives me no chance.

Someone you just met, comes to you and says "Hey man! I would like to become an admin on your community that has over 3k members!"
Well, I didn't make the application to you, I made the application to the lead admins, that tests applying admins.

And Noodl, my apologies, it wasn't ment to be verbally aggressive.It was that way, I ''translated'' how you all acted towards me.

I'm not speaking specifically about you, but you're also involved. Everytime I try to defend myself, you keep saying that you're suspecious on me etc, which gives me no chance.
I only said it once, and I did not in anyway call you a liar.

And Noodl, my apologies

Since you're trying so hard, I will be direct and clear with you now.

How many times did you made excuses ?
Do you even think that, after have been muted, banned, and also being currently a rulebreaker from time to time, we gonna accept your excuses like this will pass unnoticed ? We aren't the care bears.
That's not enough, and nothing proves us that your excuses are sincere.

Also, an admin (before being one) was a respectful player, and by that, I mean someone who's respecting strictly the rules and don't have any punishments.
You don't have one of these specifications.

About IceStick, you might have not did the application for him, he revealed some bad points of your application, and he's also free to give his opinion about it, did you even guessed that ?

It's not easy for me. What a warm welcome from you guys

This is not supposed to be easy or difficult, we are just showing you the negatives points of your applications and also, the informations that we actually have about you. Deal with it.

"What a warm welcome from you guys" : it's an admin application, what did you expected ?

Not gonna say that you're a respectful and serious player when you're actually not.
If you want to have a "warm welcome", as you said, there is a section for it : http://www.panda-community.com/forums/introduce-yourself.60/

I thought it was months ago.

REGARDING THE MUTE:

If you can find out that I've been banned for like a couple of months ago, please find me the evidence that says that I was permanent muted, so I had a reason to change my name to ''unmute me''.

This is pure b*llsh*t, you have something against me, and I'm already tired of it. No matter how I try to explain myself, you just instantly says: NO. NOT VALID. YOU'RE LYING. It's not easy for me. What a warm welcome from you guys.

This post showed me that you simply can't keep your calm and your patience. These qualities are surely needed to be an admin.

You should stop complaining about IceStick, it leads nowhere, he won't stop saying what he's thinking.
If I had to choose right now, I would simply say no, for a pretty negative first impression and some embarrassing informations.

[...]Depends on your point of view, it's meant to be general.[...]

So yes, it is vague. :p
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vague

My point is that I think this should be extrapolated in a more precise way by specifically asking for scripting skills, sourcemod management, and plugin usage in separated questions.

More on topic:
I am not sure where this should lead to anything other than a rejection of the application.
In general (as I think the officially stated ages of the staff members are stated low(er) on purpose), I mean, he is 15. Sure age != maturity, but when I was 15 I behaved totally different. Not that it is always a bad idea to "hire" younger members, but the fact that this ended up in a "You did something. - No I didn't"-kind of bickering should count for something, right?

Can't you see, there's like 5-6 people going straight against me? I have no chance of defending myself.
However, just delete my application, I won't work with these people.

Can't you see, there's like 5-6 people going straight against me? I have no chance of defending myself.

Defending what ?! For your information, if everyone agrees on something that was said, it's surely because it's true.
But if you want to cancel your application, alright.

"I have no chance" : You know, in the life, if you don't think that you can win, you have already lose. Just saying.
"I won't work with these people" : lol.

So you want the question to be like this "Are you a developer? If you are, are you experienced? When did you first start coding? What was your first program? Have you ever worked in a company? If so, was that Valve? If so, what was your position? If the first question's answer was no, then do you have experience with SourceMod commands? If yes, how many do you know? Please state them; when was the first time you used the console?"
You get the point, don't you?
It's a general question, it's not vague, people were supposed to answer it the way they want, so we can get more information from within their answer.
-
Oh no, please come work with us :(
I so want an admin that hasn't even read one post out of his admin application!
You're so caring!

I doubt you even want to become an admin to help the community, from the moment you said
I didn't really read the question fully then, because as I just quickly red it
It was clear that you don't really care that much.

So you want the question to be like this "Are you a developer? If you are, are you experienced? When did you first start coding? What was your first program? Have you ever worked in a company? If so, was that Valve? If so, what was your position? If the first question's answer was no, then do you have experience with SourceMod commands? If yes, how many do you know? Please state them; when was the first time you used the console?"
You get the point, don't you?[...]

If the point was that you tend to exaggerate stuff up to ad absurdum when someone criticizes you, yes.
My proposal: What is your experience with sourcemod(-coding)?

Or if your highness allow more than one question: What is your experience with sourcemod? Can you maintain and use plugins? Do you have any coding experience?

The "how it works"-part is what makes this difficult to answer. It doesn't allow answering it in a generic way, it simply is a stupid question.

Is it that difficult to accept other opinions? ;) Or is it just difficult when they tend to be thought-out and have a valid point? Sorry, too many questions...

If the point was that you tend to exaggerate stuff up to ad absurdum when someone criticizes you, yes.
My proposal: What is your experience with sourcemod(-coding)?

Or if your highness allow more than one question: What is your experience with sourcemod? Can you maintain and use plugins? Do you have any coding experience?

The "how it works"-part is what makes this difficult to answer. It doesn't allow answering it in a generic way, it simply is a stupid question.

Is it that difficult to accept other opinions? ;) Or is it just difficult when they tend to be thought-out and have a valid point? Sorry, too many questions...
When other opinions are arrogantly forced on me? I sure will deny them.
If you can't understand the "how it works" part then it isn't our fault.
The questions are there to be answered, answer them as you please, it helps determine whether you fit or not.
You have unlimited letters to use, don't you? You can type a whole paragraph explaining every small bit of information regarding your answer to that question, or you can simply say "Yes, I do.".
As Evo explained how to answer the questions in his How To thread, it really is simple, you're just complicating it to seem smarter somehow.
"Do you have experience with SourceMod and how it works?: I know basic commands but I have no in-depth knowledge of it."
That's simple, wasn't it?

When other opinions are arrogantly forced on me? I sure will deny them.[...]

Please re-read your posting while keeping the word "arrogant" in mind.

[...]If you can't understand the "how it works" part then it isn't our fault.[...]

As a matter of fact I do know how sourcemod actually "works".

[...]The questions are there to be answered, answer them as you please, it helps determine whether you fit or not.
You have unlimited letters to use, don't you? You can type a whole paragraph explaining every small bit of information regarding your answer to that question, or you can simply say "Yes, I do.".
As Evo explained how to answer the questions in his How To thread, it really is simple, you're just complicating it to seem smarter somehow.
"Do you have experience with SourceMod and how it works?: I know basic commands but I have no in-depth knowledge of it."
That's simple, wasn't it?

As always, things are never a matter of the answer but rather the question.
Following your logic you don't have to ask more than one question in the application at all. After all there are unlimited letters to use, right?
I also don't understand why making questions more precise and better to answer would complicate things. It does the exact opposite.

But nevermind, it seems to me that some people seem to be rather territorial and therefore aren't open towards other people's ideas. Hence it doesn't seem to matter what one writes.

Please re-read your posting while keeping the word "arrogant" in mind.

As a matter of fact I do know how sourcemod actually "works".

As always, things are never a matter of the answer but rather the question.
Following your logic you don't have to ask more than one question in the application at all. After all there are unlimited letters to use, right?
I also don't understand why making questions more precise and better to answer would complicate things. It does the exact opposite.

But nevermind, it seems to me that some people seem to be rather territorial and therefore aren't open towards other people's ideas. Hence it doesn't seem to matter what one writes
Indeed it doesn't matter.
What I meant by "arrogant" is this:
But looking at people's answers interpretation can vary from "I know 'sm_admin'" up to, well, me.
You're talking as if you're the best SM user that has ever existed!

We use questions because it's easier, not everyone is as great as you o Mighty Green Arrow the Best Dev.
Complicate things, eh? Maybe your brain is just too vast to understand such simple questions, you always complicate things.
"How many zeros does a ten have?" "Well, you can say that a one can be typed like this "10.00000000...", and thus it can have an unlimited number of zeros; it could also be typed like this "00110001 00110000" which means it only has 11 zeros!".
Just say "It's 10, it has 1 zero".
Don't complicate everything.

[...]What I meant by "arrogant" is this:[...]

There's a huge difference between someone using a few commands and someone who is actually implementing them. If you feel threatened because you see arrogance appear out of nowhere, I don't know if you have any professionalism.

[...]We use questions because it's easier, not everyone is as great as you o Mighty Green Arrow the Best Dev.
Complicate things, eh? Maybe your brain is just too vast to understand such simple questions, you always complicate things.
"How many zeros does a ten have?" "Well, you can say that a one can be typed like this "10.00000000...", and thus it can have an unlimited number of zeros; it could also be typed like this "00110001 00110000" which means it only has 11 zeros!".
Just say "It's 10, it has 1 zero".
Don't complicate everything.

So much for professionalism. Honestly I see no difference between your posting and those of the applicant in question.
The applicant answered a question, and "misunderstood" it. I explained why it is actually not a misunderstanding on his side and how to prevent those in the future. Deal with it. oO

Summing it up you say you are someone for whom this:
[...]My proposal: What is your experience with sourcemod(-coding)?[...]
is a too complicated question to answer.

Let's keep this thread as an Admin application and not turn it into a "How to answer questions" thread. If you want to argue, then do that in the off-topic section.

There's a huge difference between someone using a few commands and someone who is actually implementing them. If you feel threatened because you see arrogance appear out of nowhere, I don't know if you have any professionalism.

So much for professionalism. Honestly I see no difference between your posting and those of the applicant in question.
The applicant answered a question, and "misunderstood" it. I explained why it is actually not a misunderstanding on his side and how to prevent those in the future. Deal with it. oO

Summing it up you say you are someone for whom this:

is a too complicated question to answer.
Heh, so you see no arrogance in "up to well, me." whatsoever?
You're so blind my friend.
Speaking of professionalism, I might now know how to code like the best developer *you*, but at least I know what it requires to fill up a form!
He didn't misunderstand it, he just answered it wrong. How would an ex-admin not know how to use SM?
He used a solid "No.", do you have any idea what the word "no" means?
Professionalism.. English.. Learn.
Let's keep this thread as an Admin application and not turn it into a "How to answer questions" thread. If you want to argue, then do that in the off-topic section.
Fine, I won't be posting any more posts in the Gameserver Admin section that doesn't have anything to do with it. Just don't start anything with me at the first place..

Heh, so you see no arrogance in "up to well, me." whatsoever?
You're so blind my friend.
Speaking of professionalism, I might now know how to code like the best developer *you*, but at least I know what it requires to fill up a form!
He didn't misunderstand it, he just answered it wrong. How would an ex-admin not know how to use SM?
He used a solid "No.", do you have any idea what the word "no" means?
Professionalism.. English.. Learn.

Fine, I won't be posting any more posts in the Gameserver Admin section that doesn't have anything to do with it. Just don't start anything with me at the first place..

No melt-downs please. And no more "blindness" on your end.
Given that the question could be interpreted as "knowing how to install sourcemod, configure it and install the plugins" and that he "only" got admin rights and moderated the server he answered the question accordingly.

This. Finally someone who's a professional and not an aggressive child.

Reactions: Didixo
Denying, due to:
1. Bad attitude
2. Breaking rules (such as being friendly) while saying how much he hates delayers.
3. Insults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread