Lagspike in dodgeball servers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSB

Hello,

I'm new to playing in the Panda community and recently started playing on the dodgeball servers. Everytime a player joins the server, there is sudden jitter/lagspike that affects ALL PLAYERS currently in the server. This is especially critical since dodgeball is all about perfectly timing the reflect and if there is a spike, this messes players up.

Here's a conversation with me and Panda admin "Stabbin" where he agrees and acknowledges the fact that he experiences similar issue in Deathrun server which is likely caused by the plugins:
Here are some other screenshots of conversations with people playing on the SG server where I asked them the same question:

I see a similar post here from freaking 2016 where this guy is basically saying the same thing: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/lagspikes-24-7-dodgeball.10566/

Kevin has conveniently replied saying, "i dont experience any kind of lag issues when i play on the servers.
might be simply client side issues, dunno."
When I played with 10 people on the server, ALL 10 of us lagged and complained about it while playing....that is not client side. I would be more than happy to come test it with several others players if we can setup a time to test. You might not lag but if more that 50% of others lag, it is definitely not client side.

In the above mentioned post Kevin also said "time for a new pc then".
I can't speak for everyone but atleast in my case, I have a pretty powerful PC with direct ethernet connection so I can confirm that it is not PC related or internet related. I also play on other popular DB servers such a "Nientono no Shana" and "GiGa Gaming" (both located in SG) and never experienced lag there.

Please take a look into this because I wouldn't waste my time posting if it was a small issue or client side issue. I hope you can atleast take some time to test it with multiple people and ask if they experience this. After all, your tagline claims "The Community with the BEST servers", prove it to us. Thanks :)

Just wanted to add, I mainly play on the SG dodgeball and the lag happens almost always when someone joins. Other that the SG server, I have also tried playing on EU #04 server and I only saw this lag a couple of times...

I’ve never experienced any kind of server lag. I’ve had high long but never had major server issues

I’ve never experienced any kind of server lag. I’ve had high long but never had major server issues
Have you played in SG dodgeball? It's basically an everyday occurrence here...

This happens on a lot of other community servers that I frequent on too.
It is particularly annoying while playing dodgeball, really any skill based movement gamemode suffers from this issue honestly.

Next time you're playing a game, type net_graph 4 in console, and wait for a new round to start. Watch and you will notice just the action of all the players respawning at the same time causes a big spike. You may be on the right track, suspecting a plugin.

Usually the players blame it on the server not being reset in the last century, but I'm not even sure that would resolve anything.

Reactions: NSB
you realize EU > SGP is quite long distance??
You realize I am NOT talking about the server being laggy?? I play from Abu Dhabi (UAE) - I play in both the EU and SG servers while having consistent ping. While the game is normally going on it is butter smooth and a great experience. The lagspike occurs for a split second only when a player joins the server. There are people who live in Singapore and get 5 ping and also face the same issue. If you ever get 5 mins to spare in your life, please join the SG server when you see there are a bunch of players in it and ask them yourself - get in the server and ask them, "do you get lagspike when a player enters the server?".

Kevin, I understand that as the owner of the community you get a lot of spam/complaints per day. But please, when you reply, please reply after careful thought because you represent the community. I have noticed after our first conversation on steam that you are very quick to respond but very slow to think and evaluate your words.

Look above and notice the screenshot with Stabbin. Notice how he is polite with his words and more important he seems to understand the situation and shows that he has knowledge about what he's talking about. And now compare that with our first conversation - I started the conversation with both of you in pretty much the same way and respond with "?" and one word "ok" reply after I'm begging you to help me. I'll leave it here for you and others to see.

Stabbin, if you are reading this then I would like to thank you for talking to me on a human level and also helping me figure out how to proceed with this issue, you da man!

This happens on a lot of other community servers that I frequent on too.
It is particularly annoying while playing dodgeball, really any skill based movement gamemode suffers from this issue honestly.

Next time you're playing a game, type net_graph 4 in console, and wait for a new round to start. Watch and you will notice just the action of all the players respawning at the same time causes a big spike. You may be on the right track, suspecting a plugin.

Usually the players blame it on the server not being reset in the last century, but I'm not even sure that would resolve anything.
Very likely to be a plugin issue as Stabbin mentioned that there is bhop plugin in deathrun server and he faces similar issue. I also spoke to the owner of GiGa gaming about the issue on Panda and he too suggested that it is most likely a plugin related issue...

• Useful
Reactions: Kevin
I personally have experienced lag issues as well after anyone connects into the sg panda dodgeball server... Until this has become a norm where players would use that reason so OFTEN as why they died! I dont see the problem in other dodgeball servers like Giga, Shana and Europe panda servers. Nice to have someone mention this issue as many will just cry about lag when they died each round.

• Useful
Reactions: Kevin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread