Declined Joker steals the show! (Admin App) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Joker

Donator
Hello! My name is Nick aka Joker.

I am currently 17 years old.

Steam32 ID: STEAM_1:1:80389372

I live in US Eastern time zone, and I am usually online from 10 AM up until 10 PM during summer days when I'm not busy, but during school, I get online around 5 PM until 10 PM

Yes, I have a mic, but I don't always use it.

I have previous mod/admin experiences with FoG, as well as Harpoon gaming, and both use SourceMod.

The Panda servers i mostly play on are NY Jailbreak, and I enjoy popping in on dodgeball servers every now and then, and I am also willing to take care of other reports as well on different servers.

As stated earlier both FoG and Harpoon used/uses SourceMod.

Why should I be chosen? Well, I am an active player, who is familiar with the patterns of Jailbbreak, I know the regulars, and they know me as well. I am a very approachable person who is willing to stand up for what is right. Honestly, when I play on JB, I don't seem to notice the admins at all, and that could just be them trying to be hidden, but I don't see punishments being given out, and there is often freekillers etc. who go unchecked for a while. My activity this summer has been kinda awful, as I've been pretty busy, but with school starting, I will have more time.

As admin, I will create a friendly environment in the server, or maintain one, by following the rules myself, as well as remind and punish rule-breakers appropriately. I am a very patient person, so working things out is essentially my specialty. If there is any argument on punishments, I will calmly explain why to the person why said punishment was given. I rarely lose my cool so dealing with toxicity is not a problem for me. Whether the rudeness is directed at me or someone else, it will be taken care of with no hostility from me. I should note, I tend to be a bit shy on the mic, especially with new people, but I will not be afraid to hand out punishments.

Thanks for considering my application!
~_Joker

Since I'm not an admin I'll give you my advise.
You haven't describe your punishment system.
As for the example, take a look at nova application and how he describes his punishments
Nova application.

As requested, I will expand on my punishments.
First of all, obviously it depends on the offense, as in what did the person do.
Second of all, I think the 'who' behind the issue is as important as the 'what.'
For example, if a JB regular starts seriously breaking the rules, their punishment should be more prominent, as they should know the rules better.
However, if a new person joins, and seriously starts breaking the rules (ex. freekill), there needs to be a warning and then something like a team ban.
I understand that not everyone connects to the server and immediately types !rules, so thats why warnings should be administered before punishment.
Warnings should be given out to things such as spam, accidental freekill, micspam, inappropriate sprays, and accidental teamkill.
Warnings should not have to be given to things such as MFK, or serious exploiting.
A 30 minute mute will be for those who micspam with their own voice or a software (after a warning).
A 30 minute gag will be given to chat spammers, with caps, or binds (after a warning).
I could go on, but there are so many situations possible that I can either do them in a separate post, or by request.

no vote yet just got some suggestions

For example, if a JB regular starts seriously breaking the rules, their punishment should be more prominent, as they should know the rules better.
I get your reasoning but you could get accusations of favoritism if a regular gets a 360 minute guardban for freekill while some guy who has joined the server 4 times before gets a 120 minute instead for the same offense better to have equal punishments for all. and you always got those quiet regulars who change their name a lot that you may not notice and give them the lower punishment

A 30 minute mute will be for those who micspam with their own voice or a software (after a warning).
A 30 minute gag will be given to chat spammers, with caps, or binds (after a warning).
I assume you will stack accordingly with the more times a person micspams the higher the punishment.

I would also like to see times for guardbans as well

As Semi said, the more someone performs the same offense, the heavier the punishment will become. I figure doubling the punishment will suffice (1st offense 30 min, 2nd offense 1 hour, and so on). And yes, the more 'quiet' regulars that change their name will be more of a challenge unless they get pointed out. Guardbans are a little more tricky in my opinion.
If there is a quite obviously new player on blu, and they freekill, or play red minigames, or are unsure of how to be the warden, I think a 180 minute teamban will be provided for them to observe how to play as blu, if they stay that is. If a regular starts freekilling or mass freekilling a lot, a couple weeks or a month guardban will be administered.

Pros
actually putting effort into fixing issues brought up with his application
no bans/comms
some rule enforcing
previous admin experience

cons
I still don’t like the idea of different punishment depending on how long you play on the server
we got you in smash instead of waluigi

I +1

Thank you semi! I can change and adapt to punishments as well. I look up to a lot of the admins here, and would like to impress them, so if I'm doing something y'all don't like, I can change it.

With Ranger ciri's vote, ready for under review.

Any questions or upcoming inactivity, please let me know. Good Luck ::):

After talking with Joker privately about current state of jailbreak's playerbase (and due to this a lack of activity) it's been decided that this will be declined. The applicant doesn't have another interest in any other panda servers so there's not much option here.

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread