Completed jb_maps_v4c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semicolon Backslash

Mapper
Contributor
As it currently stands the jb map pool is currently at its largest ever (29 maps), however I feel like
quantity has been favored over quality. So I propose we do a bit of cleaning for the map pool
and get rid of some of the lower-quality maps we have on rotation.

jb_fuckzz_final_v11 (ranked 28th)- This map is really just a lightmode famous with some different (not better)
minigames, overall the quality is pretty bad here and the minigames aren't much to write home
about.

jb_crossroads_final_fix4 (Ranked 37th)- This map is a bit of a mess in parts, while it does have some unique
most of them are poorly done and/or buggy. The rest of the minigames are nothing to write home
about and the map doesn't have an obstacle course (unless you count flood escape).

jb_spy_vs_spy (ranked 35th) - I know Gold loves this map but it has many problems concerning its size and lack of interesting games other than surf and deathcrate alongside versions of games clearly not designed for tf2. Probably needs to go.

jb_maxsec_v2efix (Ranked 45th) - Map is basically a complex_2 as it is never played, I believe this is due
to three main reasons: bland/borderline ugly visuals, boring layout, and extremely difficult minigames. Overall probably should be
removed.

jb_famous_final or jb_famouz_2_final_fixed (Ranked 31st and 13th respectively) - I think its time we go back to having only one famouz
while both have games exclusive to them it seems more and more redundant to have both on rotation,
personally I feel that jb_famous_final has more interesting games and is more balanced, but a lot
of people like famouz_2 for it's visuals and more interesting areas.

While there are definitely other maps that could use the boot I don't want to get too carried away.

Last edited:
Can we consider removing maps like XMF and SpyvSpy? Tiny maps that have virtually nothing interesting about them.

Reactions: Dr. Meatloaf
bruh don't remove either famous. But if you have to, remove 2 before 1. 1 has the better stuff.

I don’t understand why people hate crossroads, Its so fun to play the minigames in it(and a bit nostalgic) its vast in terms of minigames and rather on the creative side, I absolutely love the frogger-esque karts game and the flood escape one.

I don’t understand why people hate crossroads, Its so fun to play the minigames in it(and a bit nostalgic) its vast in terms of minigames and rather on the creative side, I absolutely love the frogger-esque karts game and the flood escape one.
As much as I don't like roblox, this map is fun. And by that I mean it's easy to run off in

spy v spy needs to go first
bad looking minigames
makes u tiny so u get flung far from melee hits
and barely has secrets

About the voting, I only want jb_maxsec removed. All the other maps should stay for the time being.

jb_maxsec is just not fun. Maybe because it's just bootcamp but smaller and worse, or maybe the fact that there's a solid 4 minigames to choose from.
jb_crossroads is a well-rounded map that I do not mind playing on. Basically a shrunken down 8bit. It's fun to play when it's ever voted on.
jb_fuckzz is not really needed if there's 2 famous', but I really enjoy the shrunken down aspect of it being a famous map, with some cool minigames, too. I don't mind playing it once every 3 weeks it's actually selected. I guess if people need to save their eyes then remove it. I personally would just lower your screen brightness.
Now for both famous maps. I get that maybe one should be removed if we want to clean up the rotation, but only one ever gets played on to begin with, famouz2. Famous has some really good minigames but rarely gets played. Famouz2 gets played on a bit and has a good layout for such a long map. I wouldn't want to see one removed before the maps ima list below, but I see the reason behind it. They're classic maps that deserve to stay in my eyes.

The maps I really want to see removed first though are the overplayed, cramped, or redundant ones that for some reason always end up being number 4 on the nextmap voting.
jb_maxsec would be one, self-explanatory. I don't know how jb_spy_vs_spy got added judging its a tinier fuckzz and was joked about being an actual map a year or two ago. jb_complex still exists but I don't make the rules here. jb_quake annoys the hell out of me and I don't know why it's picked over and over speaking it's very gloomy and has skyboxes the height of wildwest's hallways.

My opinions will not sway the voting whatsoever, but that's life. Feel free to disagree.

I've replaced crossroads with spy_vs_spy in the poll, please update your vote accordingly.

Reactions: vinny
imo it would be easier to put it there, no need for more threads when theres already one
We've hit max poll options for this thread and currently and I can't reset votes for specific choices without resetting all votes. I can do a second round next week with different maps if you really don't want to make a separate thread.

Is there a way to check which maps are RTVd the most?
1636666661646.png

Notes: Data from first 15 pages of hlstats when you search the word "rtv". I avoided adding messages that were along the lines of "PLZ RTV" or "RTV day". Duplicate rtv's in the same map session are still counted. People typing /rtv are not counted since I have no way of seeing it.

Also just because a map has a low rtv count doesn't mean its good, it probably means no one plays on it.
Data can be accessed here

I'm not a really big fan of the votes here I feel as if the maps here can be exchanged with others like volcano,xmf,bricks,opst yea the obby and furry finder are favorites it really is just a wasted map. And then when orange remake comes exchange so really the only map in this rotation here that really should be gone is Crossroads Fuckkkzz and if famous needs to get out remove version 2 in my opinion Original is the better version but there are some bugs like the jump game bug but that could be fixed anytime. This is my opinion

• Agree
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Honestly out of that list of maps, maxsec and jb_fuckzz could go. I don't see those maps played and when I do its easily RTVd quick.

• Agree
Reactions: LilSpaceMan
And to add on to what lilspaceguy said previously, maps like Volcano should honestly be considered to be removed. At one point of time, everyone and their mother was playing this map constantly and the sheer size of it got irritating. The hype regarding that map seems to have died down but I do think the map should be considered along with the other maps when it comes to what maps to be removed.

• Happy
Reactions: LilSpaceMan
1b75090f20dfb5f08df14717c2cb5e7a.png

Had to zoom out quite a bit for this one.

Results:
  • fuckzz will be kept since the vote is very close
  • both famous's will be kept since there is a clear majority in favor of keeping them
  • maxsec and spy vs spy will both be removed

Remove jb_maxsec_v2efix and jb_spy_vs_spy_v2a added to task #211 Yet another jb map batch

Reactions: Solo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread