Declined [JB] Unrestrict Simon Says from being LR only (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotCalassic

Donator
The minigame is practically sudo banned.

The previous suggestion regarding this had a busted vote.

My suggestion bring back the minigame but restrict it to be only played with 4 blues or less.
The previous suggestion to make it LR only made the minigame to be completely sudo banned and it wasn't a minigame that is suitable for LR only regardless.

just ban it

Reactions: crubf and iamhuman

My suggestion bring back the minigame but restrict it to be only played with 4 blues or less.
The previous suggestion to make it LR only made the minigame to be completely sudo banned and it wasn't a minigame that is suitable for LR only regardless.
Replace simon says with swify says

• Agree
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Imo anytime simon says has been played somehow theres always loopholes or some stupid restrictions to how its played. usually just ends up with someone getting freekilled or a debate

Making this a 4 or less BLUs thing alongside being an LR is a reasonable solution to me. It will put it on the same level of availability/legality as Meatgrinder.

Lets be honest, this change would have 0 to no impact because they are always gonna favor cell wars over simon says. Or just not do it entirely because most of the playerbase forgot it still existed (even I forgot)

Why are people so eager to do trick orders on the server that’s banned trick orders.
couldnt tell you but people will undoubtedly do it if it becomes unrestricted, even to 4 blues or less. its just gonna end up in more work for the admins and more arguments which will end up in toxicity. its not even fun to play regardless

• Agree
Reactions: Bananawastaken
To get real serious here and give my two cents on the whole Simon Says debate:

I’ve never really took too much issue to Simon Says and am on the upper side of neutral towards it. I can understand why people don’t like it and where the “it’s just trick orders!” argument is coming from, however I think the reason most people tolerate it is because most people have knowledge of Simon Says to begin with (I mean, this is a game you learn in preschool and/or kindergarten) and can understand and thus prepare for when they are “tricked”, per se, whereas with other, actual trick orders, most (if not all) REDs are unprepared and thus it’s much easier then to fall victim to the trick order.

I think the only real Simon Says order that might catch a decent amount of people, from what I’ve seen anyways, is when Simon announces the game is over, and has to say Simon Says twice for it to count (“Simon Says Simon Says is over.”), otherwise if it’s just “Simon Says is over,” it doesn’t count.

I’ve never really took too much issue to Simon Says and am on the upper side of neutral towards it. I can understand why people don’t like it and where the “it’s just trick orders!” argument is coming from, however I think the reason most people tolerate it is because most people have knowledge of Simon Says to begin with (I mean, this is a game you learn in preschool and/or kindergarten) and can understand and thus prepare for when they are “tricked”, per se, whereas with other, actual trick orders, most (if not all) REDs are unprepared and thus it’s much easier then to fall victim to the trick order.

I think the only real Simon Says order that might catch a decent amount of people, from what I’ve seen anyways, is when Simon announces the game is over, and has to say Simon Says twice for it to count (“Simon Says Simon Says is over.”), otherwise if it’s just “Simon Says is over,” it doesn’t count.
the part that im talking about is when it starts. people will argue about you have to say "simon says im simon" and that the game only starts then. then people die for not following the simon says orders because they didnt say that first, but technically they were playing correctly. see how that can get complicated?

this should be changed that all you gotta say is "We are going to play simon says" and "we are no longer playing simon says" because most blus arent smart enough to include say "Simon says im simon, simon says we are going to play simon says"

I like this minigame. I agree with black, not having to need to say Simon says when starting or ending it is nice, since that starting, and ending is the only unclear part. Aside from the start and end of the game, it's pretty clear as a minigame, if they say Simon says do it, if they don't say Simon says, just don't do it. I like to use this minigame to see if people are paying attention and it does a good job. Also, I do not get the point of making it Last Request exclusive, I have not seen a soul want to play it as an LR, simply because the other LR options are just much more fun and make sense to be LR exclusive. I think that it should either be banned or kept (as is or with a change), none of this LR only stuff. I do not mind it with 4 or less blues as a restriction, if anything it feels better than being able to do it willy nilly.

I'm sorry to say but, you are the only and I do mean THE ONLY warden who actually makes Simon says any fun
Any other blu just does it to get away with trick orders

• Funny
Simon Says is a paradoxical minigame if without set rules. A person could follow Simon as perfectly as possible and still get killed for it and when they ask why.. "I didn't say Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says that the game is over"
Maybe set the minigame to be for when there's only less than 4 BLU's and have specific rules that out rule all the dumb paradoxes related to this minigame? When the Warden says that they're Simon and they will play Simon Says, the game begins. When Simon Says it's over, it's over.
Just a few ideas in the wind.

Simon Says is a paradoxical minigame if without set rules. A person could follow Simon as perfectly as possible and still get killed for it and when they ask why.. "I didn't say Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says Simon Says that the game is over"
Maybe set the minigame to be for when there's only less than 4 BLU's and have specific rules that out rule all the dumb paradoxes related to this minigame? When the Warden says that they're Simon and they will play Simon Says, the game begins. When Simon Says it's over, it's over.
Just a few ideas in the wind.
I believe adding rules to the minigame would be wonderful to avoid these weird orders rather than just voting to remove the minigame.

Could someone explain to me how the previous vote was busted? Since it looks pretty alright to me.

People were able to vote for multiple options since some people wanted to keep it but were also ok with limiting it a bit, while others wanted it gone but might've also been ok with making it an lr.

This seems more like a situation of someone being upset that their pointfarming minigame got limited then a previous vote that was "busted".

• Indifferent
Could someone explain to me how the previous vote was busted? Since it looks pretty alright to me.

People were able to vote for multiple options since some people wanted to keep it but were also ok with limiting it a bit, while others wanted it gone but might've also been ok with making it an lr.

This seems more like a situation of someone being upset that their pointfarming minigame got limited then a previous vote that was "busted".
it was 3 separate votes on it, all allowing multiple votes on it, it got reset twice, and the last vote had significantly less people that voted on it than the first time

• Disagree
Reactions: Flynt
it was 3 separate votes on it, all allowing multiple votes on it, it got reset twice, and the last vote had significantly less people that voted on it than the first time
This is out of context. Full story: The original poll was one poll basically asking “how should we restrict simon says.” Where a majority of respondents voted yes, but couldn’t agree about how to restrict it. (About half of all people wanted it LR only and another faction wanted it totally banned and a few people wanted it 3 blus or less.) Because a majority of people wanted Simon says restricted or banned in some way, a subsequent poll was created to conclusively determine whether or not Simon says should be restricted in some way or not. (restricted won) And a final poll was done to determine the most popular way to restrict the game (LR only won) and Simon was subsequently made LR only. Thought it was a somewhat close vote at the time between how exactly to restrict it. The way that the polling worked although not perfect wasn’t “busted” and it was the best way to comprise between the different viewpoints.

The three polls in total had 59votes:34votes:36votes the first poll primarily had the most votes because it’s the only poll that allowed for multiple responses and participation in all three was fairly high.

See this post for reference and past poll results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread